General Share your weather here.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
#HotWeatherTip

In extreme heat, the inside of your car is around 10° hotter than it is outside, even with a sun visor.

To help cool the inside of your car down, turn off recirculate mode on your AC, roll down all your windows, and set your AC to max pressure. The hot air will leave the car as it is replaced by cooler outside air.

After about 30 seconds to 1 minute, you can roll your windows up and put your AC back on recirculate.

M

member 3289

#windyweathertip
#thunderstormtip

First off RIP to the 7 people who died in Canada.

Because six of them died from falling trees, allow me to share my expertise as a person who has experienced 5 hurricanes and countless thunderstorms.

During a storm with strong winds, go to a windowless room in your house.

Only reason to avoid such a room is if an overhanging tree can potentially collapse onto the room.

Do NOT try to salvage valuables. Even if they're not insured, your life is worth more.

Speaker to Animals

encephalopathetic
May 16, 2021
#windyweathertip
#thunderstormtip

First off RIP to the 7 people who died in Canada.

Because six of them died from falling trees, allow me to share my expertise as a person who has experienced 5 hurricanes and countless thunderstorms.

During a storm with strong winds, go to a windowless room in your house.

Only reason to avoid such a room is if an overhanging tree can potentially collapse onto the room.

Do NOT try to salvage valuables. Even if they're not insured, your life is worth more.
I have no windowless room in my house.
Sucks

M

member 3289

Around 20" (600 mm) of water has fallen in the past five days.

I've seen higher 24-hour rainfall levels but the consistency of this shit is unprecedented. Finna rain today and tomorrow, too. The ground has no time to dry out.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Well that was fun. 70 mph gusts on the way home. Tree down in the driveway so I had to run up to the house in a lightning storm to get the chainsaw. Cleared it out if the way and made it to the top just in time for all hell to break loose while I ran to the house.

Now I have no power, along with 165,000 of my closest friends. And probably 2 or 3 more trees to clear in order to get back down the driveway for work tomorrow because I could hear them snapping when I ran to the house.

Here's a shitty pic I took right before my afternoon went to hell

20220613_174428.jpg

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
Well that was fun. 70 mph gusts on the way home. Tree down in the driveway so I had to run up to the house in a lightning storm to get the chainsaw. Cleared it out if the way and made it to the top just in time for all hell to break loose while I ran to the house.

Now I have no power, along with 165,000 of my closest friends. And probably 2 or 3 more trees to clear in order to get back down the driveway for work tomorrow because I could hear them snapping when I ran to the house.

View attachment 70489
On a positive note, you can take all that wood with u to work. You gonna be a hero!

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015

View attachment 70489
your power below ground or above ground?

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
94,000 people still without power and it's heading to 95 today. That sucks for old folks.

My only concern is my food but whatever. Last time the outage was this big I didn't have power for 5 days.

I just need to buck up and get a backup generator. We lose power at least once a month. It's usually only for 4 hours or so but it's still annoying.

Speaker to Animals

encephalopathetic
May 16, 2021
94,000 people still without power and it's heading to 95 today. That sucks for old folks.

My only concern is my food but whatever. Last time the outage was this big I didn't have power for 5 days.

I just need to buck up and get a backup generator. We lose power at least once a month. It's usually only for 4 hours or so but it's still annoying.
Why do you lose power roughly once a month?

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
That's a lot of work in hot humid.
It sucks.
Feel for those guys. Area had 165k without power. I think they have it down to 93k now.

I'll be the last area they'll bother with. Just transfered all my frozen meat from my garage freezer to a cooler packed with ice and put it in the basement where it stays relatively cool.

Speaker to Animals

encephalopathetic
May 16, 2021
It sucks.
Feel for those guys. Area had 165k without power. I think they have it down to 93k now.

I'll be the last area they'll bother with. Just transfered all my frozen meat from my garage freezer to a cooler packed with ice and put it in the basement where it stays relatively cool.
I have friends who've lost venison to power outages, which is infuriating