Shout Out To GALANIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Good post D...glad we all are the foundation for this wonderful site!

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Damn, this thread got me chopping some fucking onions. Or is it a little dusty? I don't know but either way.. I really needed to read what you guys said.

Justin, I sent you a message on here with my info. No rush on replying, I can't imagine how busy you are man. But I'd be silly not to take you up on your offer for some advice. It means a lot to me, dude. Thank you.

Seek, what you said is again exactly what I needed to hear. I might sound redundant at this point.. but it's true. I literally need these reminders. As I said, I'm in the waiting game right now. Just waiting to finish my injections and get into PT, which is a few months of a process. Staying sane during this time is hard BUT... I am trying to look at it like this.

I gotta call the doctors. I gotta eat better. I gotta get my ass out of bed. And for the last 2 weeks (since my first shot), I have been doing so. At least I can take some solace and pride in that. I am actually trying and that makes me feel good about myself. I have been eating clean for almost a month now, I would say at least 3 weeks. Only 3 cheat meals thus far, too. I have a notebook I bought to keep track of that ,and then once it starts, my exercise routines. This is more than I've done in the last 18 months and I am pretty happy about it.

The things that keep me down mentally are the pain (which I know is going to be gone soon as long as I stay dedicated), but more so lately it's the loneliness, man. I have not seen any of my friends forever really outside of a few people. It's that, and the fact it's impossible to keep my bills paid with no income. I've been selling things on eBay and fixing people's computers and that does just about nothing. I've never tried to apply for disability or anything like that because I feel like if I do, I'd be giving up.

Like I said, I do have a real plan, thank god. I just have to wait for it to happen. In the mean time, I am going to try my hardest to stay active and social on here. Because really, this thread and the other one I made have been a god send for me. It may just be text on a screen, but reading what you guys say lets me know I'm not a completely worthless person with no point in existing on this planet. Sometimes it's hard to think that way, but I know deep down it's not true and I have a lot to give to the world. I just have to get through this.

D, I love you too dude, you are the man. You were my first friend from the UG that I spoke to outside of that site and I've always looked up to you and your knowledge of not just this sport, but in life. You seem like an awesome dad and someone who has fought more than their own share of battles to be where they are.. but you're there, and you're still getting up every day and living life. That is motivating to me, man. You're a great dude, and your words mean a fucking hell of a lot more to me than I can explain.

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Thank you guys. I just want to finish off by saying, for the first time in years, the wheels are actually in motion for me to change my life. That is HUGE... and as long as I stay on the right path, I really think it's going to work. The shots I got actually do help the pain (in the spots they were injected, I still need 6 more) which is fucking amazing.

I know that once I get into PT, I will not stop. I will not miss one day or one workout. I'm going to use this board, and you guys, to keep myself accountable, and keep my shit in check. To know I have my friends on here rooting for me really does give me motivation. I just need to keep reminding myself that it IS getting better, that I AM on the right path, and that the "waiting" will eventually come to an end, and turn into "doing".

I'm sorry for another long post, guys. But reading everything you all said, processing it and replying is a big thing for me. I've been shut off from communication to basically ANYBODY for the better part of 8 months. I can't put into words how much this all helps me.

To those who take the time to read these big ass posts (which I truly don't mean to be so long, I just feel like I have to be detailed when it comes to this).. thank you and please know that your wisdom and advice truly matters.