Stipe Miocic and Daniel Cormier set for champion vs. champion superfight at UFC 226, coach TUF 27

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
Hell yeah! Excited for this fight but why they gotta ruin it by adding TUF?

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
"I'm the greatest LHW of ALL TIME!!!!! But seriously, I better get out of here before JBJ comes back."

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
These two are both funny, respectful, fun-loving guys. Hopefully they carry that through as coaches and act more like Eddie/Justin as opposed to Cody/TJ (ok mostly Cody and his boyyyz)

SickEye

"Sim sala bim bamba sala do saladim"
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Great fight.

Now when the motherfuck is Gus gonna come back for a fight? One of my favorites but his fights are way too few and far between lately.

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
I'll believe it when I see it. The history of TUF coach fights have too much of a high injury rate.

Silverball

Feb 24, 2015
I can't believe that in 2018, TUF is being presented to fans, via the media, as some newsworthy promotional opportunity for Stipe and DC. Not even Conor McGregor was able to boost viewership on that sinking ship. How many new YouTube series ideas have WME/UFC come up with for Dana in the past year or two, but when it comes to their athletes, it's still TUF on basic cable.

That said, I'm intrigued by the match-up. Stipe's bigger (taller) and he hits harder, although he's probably not the hardest puncher DC has faced. If DC has Cain in his camp, then that's going to be a big factor heading into the fight. Miocic will probably be the favorite, as he should, but I expect this to be much more competitive than the Ngannou fight turned out to be.

Truck Party

TMMAC Addict
Mar 16, 2017
Stipe currently wins this fight... What DC did years back in Strikeforce was admirable, but he's pushing 40, has taken some beatings, and looks to be losing a step or two. Just because he beat a (if you're being honest) outclassed, not really ready for a title fight Volkan, doesn't make him a demigod.

I applaud his heart and grit, but I just think his time is passing, and the UFC wants to get as much out of him for their financial gain as possible. Otherwise, have him fight Gustafsson again.... To be honest, I'd rather see Gus against Stipe.
Stipe's right hand is going to find a home on DC's chin, over and over, til the fight's done. I doubt I'll watch a second of TUF but I can't wait to see the fight

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Underneath Denver International Airport
Jun 19, 2016
screenname bet, I've got Stipe? I'm guessing Stipe will be a 2 to 1 favorite, so I'll do a 2 month stretch to your one month, or more depending on what the opening odds are
lol, No thanks.

I like Stipe he's proven me wrong over and over again -- straight up fighter with big heart, I'll be rooting for him. D.C has destroyed some of the top dogs in MMA through out his career, only Juicy Jones on the Juice was able to destroy D.C...can Stipe take out Daniel?

I'm just going to sit back and enjoy this one, very interested in seeing how Stipe will handle D.C's wrestling and if Stipe will be able to K.O Daniel.

Rambo John J

Baker Team
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I'll believe it when I see it. The history of TUF coach fights have too much of a high injury rate.
I haven't watched a Tuf since Kimbo
and that is the only season I watched clean thru

that show is so forced and wack, I just don't enjoy it

just my opinion though

Truck Party

TMMAC Addict
Mar 16, 2017
lol, No thanks.

I like Stipe he's proven me wrong over and over again -- straight up fighter with big heart, I'll be rooting for him. D.C has destroyed some of the top dogs in MMA through out his career, only Juicy Jones on the Juice was able to destroy D.C...can Stipe take out Daniel?

I'm just going to sit back and enjoy this one, very interested in seeing how Stipe will handle D.C's wrestling and if Stipe will be able to K.O Daniel.
these are 2 of my favorites, too. I do think Stipe will take DC out, more due to DC's abilities eroding due to age than what would've happened if today's Stipe fought the DC from 5 years ago. I would've loved to see the current Stipe vs. DC from a 5 years ago & I would've been hardpressed to pick a favorite. It'll be a lot of fun anyway, I can't wait to see it

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
I don't like this fight, sizewise, for DC. He hasn't been a hw for a long time, so even when he gains weight for the fight he won't be the same powerful hw he was. That mass isn't coming back in the time period between now and the fight.

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
I haven't watched a Tuf since Kimbo
and that is the only season I watched clean thru

that show is so forced and wack, I just don't enjoy it

just my opinion though
It's a solid opinion.
I can't remember the last one I watched. It needs a major overhaul.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Holy shit. I think that win or lose, this is huge for DC. He's going to get major promotion and respect from fans & peers for stepping to fight this monster, regardless if he loses. And if he were to win...holy shit.

Not to mention, he is about to get paid in motherfucking full.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
DC gets the belt, then drops out of his first defense 2 days before the fight and Cain steps up to become interim. DC retires and Cain becomes champ.

ender852

TMMAC Addict
Jan 31, 2015
I was assuming Cain got hurt again or something and DC has inside info.
Or the ufc dumped a bunch of money at him and he stopped caring so much.