General Study: Ivermectin doesn’t do jackshit in the treatment of Covid

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
The future in so much of medicine is synthetic antibodies and mRNA vaccines.
100 years from now they're going to look back at the drugs I give that are not targeted and it will be thought of like leeches.
Chemo is blood-letting

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Chemo is blood-letting
Yeah obviously that's probably where we are the most rudimentary, But I historically use a number of drugs for migraine that target cerebral blood flow.

Now we have migraine antibody medication. More effective and less contradications and side effects

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
Study: Conspiracy fuckwits don't do jackshit in the treatment of covid.

Except drag it out and make the entire planet worse for everybody, of course.

??

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

She is Theresa Lawrie

I wonder what the analysis looks like if you drop the three or four most risk bias studies.

I'm on the go but will have to pull up those higher quality studies she's references.

"You can hide anything under a meta-analysis" is a known axiom, but they exist for a reason.

To revisit this thought process...
I finally went to the PDF where the original link was text and you had to click the pictures to view.

Their funnel plot shows a significant amount of the smallest studies creating the overall results...

Screenshot_20210817-191706.png

Perhaps those studies can be duplicated at in higher quality randomized control trials. But that's exactly the problem so far. We've been unable to do so. The data appears much more mild in those high quality studies and only strong in the smallest studies or in this meta-analysis made of a lot of small studies.

To date ivermectin remains inferior to vaccination in preventing hospitalization and death.
Ivermectin has much stronger data than many other interventions such as hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin.

Fluvoxamine seems to have a smaller following than ivermectin, yet there appears to be just as good evidence for outcomes. Probably a more limited safety profile in the larger population.

There's a strange populist antivaccination theme around ivermectin that isn't there even by the largest proponents at the FLCCC who clearly have championed this more than anyone.

Oddly fluvoxamine with similar data doesn't have the populist tones and has been printed in large journals for a year without really getting the web crowd as excited.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I finally went to the PDF where the original link was text and you had to click the pictures to view.

Their funnel plot shows a significant amount of the smallest studies creating the overall results...

View attachment 43861

Perhaps those studies can be duplicated at in higher quality randomized control trials. But that's exactly the problem so far. We've been unable to do so. The data appears much more mild in those high quality studies and only strong in the smallest studies or in this meta-analysis made of a lot of small studies.

To date ivermectin remains inferior to vaccination in preventing hospitalization and death.
Ivermectin has much stronger data than many other interventions such as hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin.

Fluvoxamine seems to have a smaller following than ivermectin, yet there appears to be just as good evidence for outcomes. Probably a more limited safety profile in the larger population.

There's a strange populist antivaccination theme around ivermectin that isn't there even by the largest proponents at the FLCCC who clearly have championed this more than anyone.

Oddly fluvoxamine with similar data doesn't have the populist tones and has been printed in large journals for a year without really getting the web crowd as excited.
You should re-visit some more studies in another year when you need my sperm to make a real baby.
If you put down a deposit now, I'll send you my deposit
???

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
You should re-visit some more studies in another year when you need my sperm to make a real baby.
If you put down a deposit now, I'll send you my deposit
???

I'm yacht rich. You think I haven't already banked my genetically selected embryos before the 5G gets me?

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021

View attachment 43861

What about bleach? You didn't talk about bleach. That's something worth looking into, right?

??

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I'm yacht rich. You think I haven't already banked my genetically selected embryos before the 5G gets me?
Heard they just give you some Epstein semen and Maxwell embryos back regardless of what samples you banked.

Last edited:

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Fluvoxamine seems to have a smaller following than ivermectin, yet there appears to be just as good evidence for outcomes.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
More evidence that we should listen to smart doctors and ignore e-tards.