Society The Bernie Sanders Show - podcast

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
Was a big fan, rooting for the guy. But now that he turned into a lap dog, not interested in what he has to say. I wish he stuck with his principles.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
Was a big fan, rooting for the guy. But now that he turned into a lap dog, not interested in what he has to say. I wish he stuck with his principles.
He did stick with his principles.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
He did stick with his principles.
By aligning himself with Hillary? That is interesting. They were in quite different corners. Until they told him he couldn't. Had to kiss and make up at the convention. Could have stuck to his guns, could have spoken out. The DNC worked against him, mocked him, and this thing was rigged against him. The emails say enough, it's embarressing. And he took it like a puppy. That is when I wanted trump to win this thing.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
By aligning himself with Hillary? That is interesting. They were in quite different corners. Until they told him he couldn't. Had to kiss and make up at the convention. Could have stuck to his guns, could have spoken out. The DNC worked against him, mocked him, and this thing was rigged against him. The emails say enough, it's embarressing. And he took it like a puppy. That is when I wanted trump to win this thing.
He said vote for Hillary as she was a better option than Trump to him. When you look at the actual policies Trump was proposing compared to Bernie, there was a very significant reason that Trump was running as Republican and Bernie as a Democrat. It was night and day. While Hillary was certainly distasteful, her policies were far closer to Bernie's own policies than Trump's were.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
Wait.

Are you saying you were a Bernie supporter, like the actual policies Bernie supported?

Then you wanted Trump to win?

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
Wait.

Are you saying you were a Bernie supporter, like the actual policies Bernie supported?

Then you wanted Trump to win?
I was dancing on the fucking table when Obama won in 2008.

Another reason was that I did not want to see another Bush, nor Clinton. Even crazier, I liked Rand Paul and Gary Johnson as well. I would have been fine with any of those. I am not affiliated (born into) any party. As an outsider it is crazy to see how much people are willing to hang on one side even though their party made a few wrong turns. Trump for example, is not a real conservative. If I would squint my eyes I could mistake him for a democrat.

That said, I cannot vote. Haha.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
He said vote for Hillary as she was a better option than Trump to him. When you look at the actual policies Trump was proposing compared to Bernie, there was a very significant reason that Trump was running as Republican and Bernie as a Democrat. It was night and day. While Hillary was certainly distasteful, her policies were far closer to Bernie's own policies than Trump's were.
Those are good points. But he was neutered in front of our eyes. No more cricial observations of what Hillary does wrong. I am sure they did the same thing on the other side. But they did not pretend not be assholes, that is why Trump won that contest.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
I was dancing on the fucking table when Obama won in 2008.

Another reason was that I did not want to see another Bush, nor Clinton. Even crazier, I liked Rand Paul and Gary Johnson as well. I would have been fine with any of those. I am not affiliated (born into) any party. As an outsider it is crazy to see how much people are willing to hang on one side even though their party made a few wrong turns. Trump for example, is not a real conservative. If I would squint my eyes I could mistake him for a democrat.

That said, I cannot vote. Haha.
Interesting perspective. Paul and Johnson couldn't be further from Sanders in terms of use of the state and economic policy. It seems like issues of taxation and state power were just less influential to many during this election than certain ideals. I can't imagine what seems democratic about Trump, in any sense of the word.