Society The Donald J. Trump Show - 4 more years editions

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
They are criticizing wikileaks for not redacting peoples personal information such as credit card numbers and social security numbers, not demanding a lack of transparency. How are you reading it like that?

edit: Apart from one, obligatory, idiot complaining about wikileaks only caring about 'damaging' America
The entire first page is a circle jerk around WikiLeaks while totally ignoring the release of data. Look at the two Splinty @Splinty just posted. I would weigh the contents of those emails to be much more significant than the collateral damage of one dude's SSN.

He can sign up for LifeLock for a few years. He'll be fine.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
The entire first page is a circle jerk around WikiLeaks while totally ignoring the release of data. Look at the two Splinty @Splinty just posted. I would weigh the contents of those emails to be much more significant than the collateral damage of one dude's SSN.

He can sign up for LifeLock for a few years. He'll be fine.
I think you can be happy with the leak, but unhappy with the lackadaisical way it was conducted at the same time, and if the conversation starts on that area of the topic then it is hardly surprising that most of the comments are about that. Your argument that your 'young' don't care about transparency seems completely off base here. It might be true, that thread isn't evidence of it(disclaimer I only read the first page).

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I think you can be happy with the leak, but unhappy with the lackadaisical way it was conducted at the same time, and if the conversation starts on that area of the topic then it is hardly surprising that most of the comments are about that. Your argument that your 'young' don't care about transparency seems completely off base here. It might be true, that thread isn't evidence of it(disclaimer I only read the first page).
I can only stomach so much of that website myself. I was trying to find the quote I read earlier where one of the posters was downplaying this as something that was as insignificant as the email server.

Both the email server and collusion to keep Bernie Sanders stifled are the two big issues right now. And these kids are so happy to sweep it under the rug with no further scrutiny. It bothers me.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
I'm a little late to this Wiki email thing. Catching up now.....

“It might may [sic] no difference, but for KY and WA can we get someone to ask his belief,”
Brad Marshall, CFO of DNC, wrote in an email on May 5, 2016. “Does he believe in God. He had skated on saying he has a Jewish heritage. I read he is an atheist. This could make several points difference with my peeps. My southern baptist peeps woudl draw a big difference between a Jew and an atheist.”

So the CFO of the DNC, who I assume is supposed to be neutral, was actively trying to railroad Bernie?

And not that it matters all that much, but I wouldn't expect someone holding his lofty position to make a mistake like "It might may no difference....". That's pretty embarrassing, even if it's just an email.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
I can only stomach so much of that website myself. I was trying to find the quote I read earlier where one of the posters was downplaying this as something that was as insignificant as the email server.

Both the email server and collusion to keep Bernie Sanders stifled are the two big issues right now. And these kids are so happy to sweep it under the rug with no further scrutiny. It bothers me.
I agree the DNC corruption is worrying, to say the least, personally though, I fundamentally disagree with Trump on economical issues, and it is possible that others do too. I could see that as reason for voting for Hilary and glossing over her obvious faults. I must admit if I were American I would find myself between a rock and a hard place in this election.

Last edited:

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I'm a little late to this Wiki email thing. Catching up now.....

“It might may [sic] no difference, but for KY and WA can we get someone to ask his belief,”
Brad Marshall, CFO of DNC, wrote in an email on May 5, 2016. “Does he believe in God. He had skated on saying he has a Jewish heritage. I read he is an atheist. This could make several points difference with my peeps. My southern baptist peeps woudl draw a big difference between a Jew and an atheist.”

So the CFO of the DNC, who I assume is supposed to be neutral, was actively trying to railroad Bernie?

And not that it matters all that much, but I wouldn't expect someone holding his lofty position to make a mistake like "It might may no difference....". That's pretty embarrassing, even if it's just an email.

If I were a Bernie donor I'd sue. They are a private entity parading this rigged election for their gain.

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
If I were a Bernie donor I'd sue. They are a private entity parading this rigged election for their gain.
I wouldn't be the one to champion the movement, but I'll gladly recoup any of that $100 I wasted if it lessens Hillary's chance at running the country.