Society The Donald J. Trump Show - 4 more years editions

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
So what does everyone think about Jeff Sessions lying under oath to Congress about meetings with Russian officials?

A parttern seems to be emerging.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
So what does everyone think about Jeff Sessions lying under oath to Congress about meetings with Russian officials?

A parttern seems to be emerging.

Yes a pattern of Democrats that meet with Russians and it's no big deal but if a republican does it everybody flips out.

The Jeff sessions thing is the least issue I've seen this entire year. I'm not just being the usual trolling Trump supporter having fun here.

During the hearing, Sessions was asked by Sen. Al Franken, D-Minnesota what he would do "if there is any evidence that anyone affiliated with the Trump campaign communicated with the Russian government in the course of this campaign."

"Sen. Franken, I'm not aware of any of those activities," said Sessions. "I have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign and I did not have communications with the Russians and I'm unable to comment on it."

Excuse the editorial in the pic... but the Washington Post they're the ones that originally started all this with a front-page edited transcript

It's quite clear that the context of the discussion is about whether Trump campaign members were interacting with the Russians for the above reasons.

Sessions answered in that context specifically about his campaign involvement and that he was only around as a Sarah get a few times and had no interaction with the Russians [acting with the Trump campaign].

Now people are freaking out because he met with a Russian Ambassador along with many other ambassadors during his official senatorial work. Turns out that's what Senators do. And the response was clearly in the above context.

Here's sessions own words:

View: https://youtu.be/ltqxkhB3_Vw

View: https://twitter.com/AP/status/837358714529136642

Kingtony87

Batman
Feb 2, 2016
Yes a pattern of Democrats that meet with Russians and it's no big deal but if a republican does it everybody flips out.

The Jeff sessions thing is the least issue I've seen this entire year. I'm not just being the usual trolling Trump supporter having fun here.

During the hearing, Sessions was asked by Sen. Al Franken, D-Minnesota what he would do "if there is any evidence that anyone affiliated with the Trump campaign communicated with the Russian government in the course of this campaign."

"Sen. Franken, I'm not aware of any of those activities," said Sessions. "I have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign and I did not have communications with the Russians and I'm unable to comment on it."

Excuse the editorial in the pic... but the Washington Post they're the ones that originally started all this with a front-page edited transcript

It's quite clear that the context of the discussion is about whether Trump campaign members were interacting with the Russians for the above reasons.

Sessions answered in that context specifically about his campaign involvement and that he was only around as a Sarah get a few times and had no interaction with the Russians [acting with the Trump campaign].

Now people are freaking out because he met with a Russian Ambassador along with many other ambassadors during his official senatorial work. Turns out that's what Senators do. And the response was clearly in the above context.

Bingo, dont trust headlines. Do even just cursory research. It'd stupid pretty shit like this that makes the media less and less credible.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
The lie is what they should be concerned about, not the communication with Russian diplomats. Just because the Democrats lied about their affairs regarding Russian communications, does not mean the republicans should reciprocate. Sure it is an over-reaction from the left, but still he should consider to step down if he caused damage to the party. That is politics too.

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016

I didn't say anything about meeting with, I asked about the dishonesty while under oath.

The pattern I was pointing out was about lying about the meetings.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I didn't say anything about meeting with, I asked about the dishonesty while under oath.

The pattern I was pointing out was about lying about the meetings.

I'm saying that it shows Sessions didn't lie under oath. He answered quite truthfully in the actual context of the question.

Lukewarm Carl

TMMAC Addict
Aug 7, 2015
So either Obama had the FBI act illegally or they acted legally and obtained a FISA warrant which means there was probable cause to investigate and a judge signed off on it.

Either way, it's a terrible look for our current adminstration to have been acting that poorly so as to have the warrant granted or for the previous administration to have acted illegally.

IschKabibble

zero
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
So either Obama had the FBI act illegally or they acted legally and obtained a FISA warrant which means there was probable cause to investigate and a judge signed off on it.

Either way, it's a terrible look for our current adminstration to have been acting that poorly so as to have the warrant granted or for the previous administration to have acted illegally.
Their probable cause is the fabricated Russian narrative they used to distract from the conflicting narrative that insiders caused the DNC and Podesta leaks.