Society The Donald J. Trump Show - 4 more years editions

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
Not sure what you meant? (Not a dig at you just curious) She and Kamala both support reparations. Which is top 5, one of the most racist bullshit ideas ever. All this does is create more tension. It is also their way of trying to bury the jussie (racebaiter) story line. Hell, I dont even remember obama doing that.
How is reparations "racist"? lol....

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Not sure what you meant? (Not a dig at you just curious) She and Kamala both support reparations. Which is top 5, one of the most racist bullshit ideas ever. All this does is create more tension. It is also their way of trying to bury the jussie (racebaiter) story line. Hell, I dont even remember obama doing that.
Cash reparations is probably impossible. It's also probably not the best policy.
A series of spending bills that spent money on things like school and economic development in primarily black areas would be a pretty good start and doable.
Even just doing a bill like that and having economic cut-offs for communities would pick up the majority black communities with similar results.

Id support that kind of targeted investment even when I often disagree with many left leaning policies.

I agree that many policies that are race focused seem to only inflame tensions. But, developing really good schools in Black communities would probably be one of the best things you can do to get students and their parents to naturally desegregate.

A lot of white flight happens simply as individuals with means look to provide their children the best economic opportunities. I'm sure there are plenty of racists in the mix, but lots are just looking at school outcomes and not willing to sacrifice their children to a bad education machine for the sake of diversity. And with that more white kids are into suburbs and private schools, while the remainder of the schools and tax base falters. Cycle begin, cycle continue.

Nobody should be unhappy about correcting bad schools for American children. Equality in the schools would go a long ways to not requiring federal "forcing" on race issues that seems to often have a counter-productive effect.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
So you think Warren supports the idea because she feels the black race is inferior?
Why else would she think they can't fend for themselves?

People seem to forget that slavery and eradicating the Indians were thought to be virtuous in their time.

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
Why else would she think they can't fend for themselves?

People seem to forget that slavery and eradicating the Indians were thought to be virtuous in their time.

It doesnt matter what people thought it was at the time. Both events had real impacts on multi generations of both 'Blacks' and 'Indians'. If one recognizes the impact it has had on either sub group, then I dont understand how reparations are racist or infantilizing.

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
Does the group in question lack the capacity to improve their individual situations?
Without the proper mean yes.

Substandard educational systems and a lack of basic drinking water would be good examples of some of the many lacking proper means between the two groups we have been discussing

Simpleman

First 100
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Without the proper mean yes.

Substandard educational systems and a lack of basic drinking water would be good examples of some of the many lacking proper means between the two groups we have been discussing
A canadian talking to Americans about improper treatment of indians... haha!