The Great Outdoors

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
M

member 1013

Isolation has changed you.

hope you’re almost done with that bullshit, buddy. Come to Tx and I’ll get you vaccinated next week ?
Canada did 400,000 vaccines on friday

but I don’t even need it, confirmed immune and unable to spread, it’s science.

**some of this post may not be true

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
Canada did 400,000 vaccines on friday

but I don’t even need it, confirmed immune and unable to spread, it’s science.

**some of this post may not be true
Well that pretty decent, I thought I had read on here from some of you guys that Canadia was moving really slow with them. We’ve gotten to a point here where the facilities have more jabs available than people asking for them. This week I heard about a couple friends that just showed up without appointment and got their jab in like 5 min. 2 months ago it was hard to get an appointment.

hopefully that means y’all can get back to life soon. Other than masking and distancing precautions, things are fairly normal here. Lots are still working remotely or homeschooling, but businesses are getting their groove back.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Even when I’m targeting trout I seem to get bonus fish here and there.

small mouth bass
8ADA915A-B68A-48EA-BD34-160E6A6DCB89.jpeg

pike minnow
5DFAA266-A1E6-4C62-8D53-115F13CC87E9.jpeg

Every once and a while I’d see some pretty big carp but I’d just reel in my line and let them pass.

Last edited:

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
I just took my dog to the park and this coyote tried to mean mug me. As soon as it heard my door start to open it bolted.
557C54B3-01FD-433A-93B1-AF6D0C8311CF.jpeg

M

member 3289

Grateful Dude @Grateful Dude I found some info from FWC (Florida Fish and Wildlife Commission) on the coral snake as well as how to distinguish most venomous snakes from non-venomous ones:

Screenshot_20210510-153851_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Most potent venom ?

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
Grateful Dude @Grateful Dude I found some info from FWC (Florida Fish and Wildlife Commission) on the coral snake as well as how to distinguish most venomous snakes from non-venomous ones:

View attachment 35734

Most potent venom ?
With the Western Diamondback rattlers, the eyes/pupils and the pits are very east to spot. The head shape is different too (usually), venomous snakes have a more triangular shape while non-venomous are more rounded. But there are exceptions - like coral snakes don't have a triangular head, and some non-venomous snakes can flatten their head to look triangular.

I just read that only the Black Mamba is the only snake with a more powerful venom. But corals don't really strike a pit viper, the bite and chew while releasing venom. A coral snake bite can disrupt the connections between the brain and muscles, resulting in slurred speech, double vision, and respiratory paralysis.

You may also find this interesting:
Antivenin is scarce and enormously costly - the only American manufacturer ceased production on 2003, and a finite amount of Mexican-produced antidote is held exclusively in Florida.

M

member 3289

As much as I enjoy talking about nature with smart people like Grateful Dude @Grateful Dude, one problem with discussing these things publicly is that there are a lot of stupid people who read my posts:

Screenshot_20210510-181019_Chrome.jpg

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
It is moving very slowly.
I looked it up today and the page
I read said CA is 3% fully and about 30% with one dose.
Why the snail pace? Supply? Distribution/implementation logistics?
A coworker said she heard they were also making people wait longer than 4 weeks for second dose, is that true?

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
I looked it up today and the page
I read said CA is 3% fully and about 30% with one dose.
Why the snail pace? Supply? Distribution/implementation logistics?
A coworker said she heard they were also making people wait longer than 4 weeks for second dose, is that true?
No vaccine production. Then under pressure from its member countries the EU brought in export bans on the vaccines. America, although having more vaccines than willing recipients wouldn't sell them off. So due to the shortage the government decided to vaccinate everyone once and then give out the second doses later. So yes, they have us going 4 months between doses.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
No vaccine production. Then under pressure from its member countries the EU brought in export bans on the vaccines. America, although having more vaccines than willing recipients wouldn't sell them off. So due to the shortage the government decided to vaccinate everyone once and then give out the second doses later. So yes, they have us going 4 months between doses.
What a clusterfuck. Is any of this improving or accelerating? Or is that just how it’s going to be for the long haul. I would like to think America will be able to start distributing as our vaccine numbers continue to get higher. Places are starting to have vaccines without all the appointments being claimed. I think we’re still moving at a good clip, but I also think people aren’t scrambling as much to get their appointment scheduled. Wait times are going down. No idea if the pace has slowed down or if we just have a lot more vaccines available now.

M

member 3289

What a clusterfuck. Is any of this improving or accelerating? Or is that just how it’s going to be for the long haul. I would like to think America will be able to start distributing as our vaccine numbers continue to get higher. Places are starting to have vaccines without all the appointments being claimed. I think we’re still moving at a good clip, but I also think people aren’t scrambling as much to get their appointment scheduled. Wait times are going down. No idea if the pace has slowed down or if we just have a lot more vaccines available now.
The pace has definitely slowed because demand has slowed.

20210511_001155.jpg

We're currently at 46% one dose and 35% two doses. Biden said he wants to hit 70% one dose by July 4.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
What a clusterfuck. Is any of this improving or accelerating
We're now at a point where Americans are simply declining to get vaccinated so now Diamond Joe will sell vaccines to Canada and Mexico. So it's improving here, but the politicians are too afraid of admitting the 4 month 2nd dose gap is a mistake so they're hanging in there with it, but hoping we get larger vaccine shipments and can shorten the window.