Society The Joseph R Biden Show

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
Also, assuming every cent of that figure goes to food for the kid - that extra $1k computes to $2.74/day

Not sure that moves the needle.

Reform would be something like eliminating the Social Security Tax limit and putting the extra dollars collected from those making over $150k/yr (or whatever it is now) and using those funds to help the underprivileged.

As is, once folks hit $150/k (+/-) the social security deduct is turned off. Someone making $150/k (+/-) a year pays the same amount into social security as someone making $8 million/yr.

I'm sure @Splinty would be fine with it.
3 dollars a day is the difference between eating and not eating

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
I find Manchin fascinating.
Is he a GOP spy that infiltrated the Dem party?
hes very similar to an establishment republican in terms of business. but hes not the only democrat. establisment democrats are all bought out by the same donors as him and republican estbalishment

none of them want to lower the price of drugs

manchin is the one ruining the second bill. but if it took 2 to ruin it, there would be 2. if it took 10, there would be 10.

manchin taking the fall allows alot of other corporate democrats to save face for the next election

its all bullshit

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
I think the original created quite the controversy.
the first was the first bardcore song i ever heard and i dug it back then. then when i found out it was a play on a modern songs lyrics, i got a real big kick out of it

but i just posted them here, then played them, and i kind of hated both versions and regretted posting them lol

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
23 Dems saying they won't seek re-election? How bad is it behind the curtain that these guys are all like "Fuck this shit"

Mid-term chaos.

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
23 Dems saying they won't seek re-election? How bad is it behind the curtain that these guys are all like "Fuck this shit"

Mid-term chaos.
they know Dems are going to get crushed since this administration has been and will be such a failure. and they'd rather bail then be beaten in their races

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Joe Manchin demands that only parents working and making less than $200,000 get the full child tax credit — otherwise he'll tank it
I don't have an issue with that.
If you are making $200k, your kids aren't going hungry.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
I don't have an issue with that.
If you are making $200k, your kids aren't going hungry.
the problem is purity tests though is that they make legislation more complicated to implement, and more importantly, harder to pass

its manchins deceptive way of trying to sink the idea

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Kids whose parents are not working can kick rocks.
If you didn't pay taxes, why should you get a tax credit?

There are already programs in place for those needing assistance. If those need to be fixed, then fix them. Stop adding layers and layers of assistance that only complicate a pathway to financial stability.

Hauler '24

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
heres an example of lies related to purity tests:

there are legislators that claim to be for debt forgiveness in terms of student loans, but not unless they add a purity test

but its all a big lie

trust fund kids parents donate millions to get them into college. those kids dont have student debt

the purity test argument is just the legislators way of sinking the idea while tricking their constituents

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
heres an example of lies related to purity tests:

there are legislators that claim to be for debt forgiveness in terms of student loans, but not unless they add a purity test

but its all a big lie

trust fund kids parents donate millions to get them into college. those kids dont have student debt

the purity test argument is just the legislators way of sinking the idea while tricking their constituents
1st college lesson:
Loans need to be paid back.

If they want to put a cap on percentage rates, fine. But "debt forgiveness" is bullshit.

If I'm someone who busted my ass for 5 years to pay off my debt, and then the following year the gov't forgives all debt - you better believe I'm going to have my hand out saying "What about mine". Fair is fair.

Hauler '24

Freeloading Rusty

Jan 11, 2016
If you didn't pay taxes, why should you get a tax credit?

There are already programs in place for those needing assistance. If those need to be fixed, then fix them. Stop adding layers and layers of assistance that only complicate a pathway to financial stability.

Hauler '24
Tell them kids to fuck off because their parents don’t have a job.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
I just did a door dash order.
Their 1/8 lb hamburger is $1.90

So from the time you posted that and the time I ordered, it went up a dime. ?

If you want cheese they are $2.40

Their shakes are $3.25

An order of fries $2.35
Large Coke $2.68

So a cheeseburger, fries and a coke...$7.43

I don't eat fast food, so I don't know how that compares to McDs, but it doesn't sound outrageous.

Who makes their t-shirts that they are selling for $25/ea?
Just keeping track here...
Freeloading Rusty @Freeloading Rusty

Their 1/8 lb hamburger is $1.90. $2.00

If you want cheese they are $2.40. $2.50

Their shakes are $3.25. $3.35

An order of fries $2.35. $2.45

Looks like they kicked it up 3% to 5% across the board.

Hauler '24

Freeloading Rusty

Jan 11, 2016
I didn't say that at all.
Those parents should already be getting assistance. If it's not enough then increase the benny.

Hauler '24
So you agree with providing extra assistance just not the method?

What about the working poor who don’t already get assistance?

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
So you agree with providing extra assistance just not the method?

What about the working poor who don’t already get assistance?
If extra assistance is needed, existing programs should be goosed to a level that makes sense. That's much better than an all-inclusive handout under the guise of a tax break.

Working poor should be rewarded more for at least working, imo. I hate hearing about people who stay on assistance because they make more on bennies than they would working. I don't know what that looks like, but if $30k is the shutoff (just throwing a number out there), if someone has a job that they earn $32k for, I'd be all for a certain percentage of the benny to remain active. Say $10k. So the individual nets an income of $42k for working+benny instead of just sitting on his ass for $30k. I can't really blame a dude for hanging out on bennies if it's only going to net them an additional $2k. At least this way they are in the work force and hopefully gaining skills and increased pay to where they won't need assistance at all.

Again - just throwing those numbers out there as examples.

Hauler '24