Society The Joseph R Biden Show

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
I'm good with most of Biden initial plans. I don't think this should be done:

change my mind
It has more to do with undoing what Trump approved than it does making a sensible decision on the issue.

M

member 3289

A migrant caravan - currently in Guatemala and estimated at around 10,000 people - are on their way to the US border.

A senior Biden transition official, speaking under the condition of anonymity, said they might want to turn around.

Mostly Hondurans. They were beaten back by police with sticks in Guatemala yesterday. Not permanently stopped, but temporarily halted at the very least.

M

member 1013

From whose perspective?
Seriously though large environmental lobbies and many American oil lobbies have been trying to destroy the oil sands for decades, and they know if alberta can’t move its crude through keystone its fucked because it has no other way to get its product to market since BC and Quebec both blocked pipelines from alberta, which is landlocked.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Seriously though large environmental lobbies and many American oil lobbies have been trying to destroy the oil sands for decades, and they know if alberta can’t move its crude through keystone its fucked because it has no other way to get its product to market since BC and Quebec both blocked pipelines from alberta, which is landlocked.
Is Joe Biden bad for canadia?

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Sounds like it sucks to be Alberta.

But what does Quebec have to do with Alberta being landlocked? Did you mean Saskatchewan?

M

member 1013

Sounds like it sucks to be Alberta.

But what does Quebec have to do with Alberta being landlocked? Did you mean Saskatchewan?
No

They need to get their oil to tidewater on the west coast or tidewater AND the large refineries on the east coast. Saskatchewan is also landlocked, Manitoba and Ontario don’t have an arctic seaport. So if the pipeline can’t go through Quebec they can’t get it to tidewater or the east coast.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
It has more to do with undoing what Trump approved than it does making a sensible decision on the issue.

I don't know That is true. There are several groups from both business interests and environment interests That don't want this pipeline for various different reasons that align.

Obama blocked it and that wasn't anything to do with Trump. it doesn't surprise me that Biden may very well hold similar policy positions as the administration he formerly served in as vice president..

M

member 1013

I don't know That is true. There are several groups from both business interests and environment interests That don't want this pipeline for various different reasons that align.

Obama blocked it and that wasn't anything to do with Trump. it doesn't surprise me that Biden may very well hold similar policy positions as the administration he formerly served in as vice president..
See Hauler @Hauler

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016

Agree to disagree.
Trump overturned Obama's ruling basically on Day 1 (I think) as a way to say "Things are different now."
Biden plans to do the same to Trump.

It's possible this is the most important thing going on in America today and that's why he wants to do it Day 1, but it certainly feels more about optics than anything else. It's Biden saying "Things are different now"

I'm not saying he doesn't think it's the right play - it's a polarizing topic for sure. He's allowed to have his opinion and he's in charge now so...

M

member 1013

Agree to disagree.
Trump overturned Obama's ruling basically on Day 1 (I think) as a way to say "Things are different now."
Biden plans to do the same to Trump.

It's possible this is the most important thing going on in America today and that's why he wants to do it Day 1, but it certainly feels more about optics than anything else. It's Biden saying "Things are different now"

I'm not saying he doesn't think it's the right play - it's a polarizing topic for sure. He's allowed to have his opinion and he's in charge now so...

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
No

They need to get their oil to tidewater on the west coast or tidewater AND the large refineries on the east coast. Saskatchewan is also landlocked, Manitoba and Ontario don’t have an arctic seaport. So if the pipeline can’t go through Quebec they can’t get it to tidewater or the east coast.
Manitoba and Ontario border Hudson Bay, eh?

Sounds like Alberta is fucked for 4 years. If I'm them, I keep digging. Ivanka will approve it when she becomes the first ELECTED female President.