IMG/GIF The shot that dropped Cain

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

He didn't use the verb "hit" or any other verb after it, so it's me.

When there's no verb following it, the word like acts as a preposition, which must always be followed by an object pronoun (me, him, her, them, us):

When you hit like Francis and me.

When there is a verb following it, the word like acts as a conjunction connecting two independent clauses, and it must be followed by a subject pronoun (I, he, she, they, we):

When you hit like Francis and I hit.

When you hit like Francis and I do.

I'll PM you my PayPal address.
Those are perfect examples.

I made the same mistake as MMAPlaywright @MMAPlaywright in not accounting for there being no verb- and of course that's where you hit the nail on the head. It's good to see someone is keeping everyone on their toes.

MMAPlaywright

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015

When there's no verb following it, the word like acts as a preposition, which must always be followed by an object pronoun (me, him, her, them, us):

When there is a verb following it, the word like acts as a conjunction connecting two independent clauses, and it must be followed by a subject pronoun (I, he, she, they, we):

I have to now PAY you? Money? Is you crazy?

jimmy boogaloo

General Links/Your Account
Nov 15, 2017
to be fair I think CMNH is going too far here, and should settle for a (roughly) 250-word written apology

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015

Not a very good example but what you said is correct. “Like” acts as a preposition when there is no verb following it. When there is s verb following it, it is merely a conjunction and appropriate action must be taken.

Last edited: