General Third man syndrome

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

NotBanjaxo

Formerly someone other than Banjaxo
Nov 16, 2019

Found in 1867 inside a jungle cave, this feral boy named Dina Sanichar, preferred eating raw meat, had trouble standing on two feet, growled like a wolf, and gnawed on bones to sharpen his teeth. He never learned to speak. He became the inspiration for The Jungle Book's character of Mowgli.
I read somewhere (on the internet, so it must be true) that a lot of the supposedly "feral" children either found in caves or raised by wolves / chimps etc. were actually mentally handicapped children, unwanted by their parents who considered them a burden, and palmed off on missionaries or local colonial authorities.

segfault

Aug 13, 2024
I read somewhere (on the internet, so it must be true) that a lot of the supposedly "feral" children either found in caves or raised by wolves / chimps etc. were actually mentally handicapped children, unwanted by their parents who considered them a burden, and palmed off on missionaries or local colonial authorities.
Makes sense. I read something similar that the origin of the myth of Changelings was medieval peoples' way of explaining childhood autism. They went from being regular kids to something that only looked like their kids, but behaved like a strange creature.

kvr28

Ghost of KVR
Nov 22, 2015