Titans Season 3 - Aug. 12th.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Daglord

Posting Machine
Jan 26, 2015
If you haven't watched 1 & 2, you're missing out (IMO). curious others' thoughts on the series.

was a very pleasant surprise for me as I was expecting it to be more CW-like & it couldn't have been further from that mess.

season 3 looks to go even darker (I hope). it's not the Teen Titans, for the kids, by any means. one of my favorite shows from the last few years.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=13&v=Fd09zvjdktE&feature=emb_title

Daglord

Posting Machine
Jan 26, 2015
I actually was shocked at how much I loved this series. Excited to hear it's coming back.
same. didn't expect much, ended up loving it. would love to see this universe continue.

looking forward to season 3, getting stoked.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
If you haven't watched 1 & 2, you're missing out (IMO). curious others' thoughts on the series.

was a very pleasant surprise for me as I was expecting it to be more CW-like & it couldn't have been further from that mess.

season 3 looks to go even darker (I hope). it's not the Teen Titans, for the kids, by any means. one of my favorite shows from the last few years.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=13&v=Fd09zvjdktE&feature=emb_title
I actually have this on my wait list on hbo max. ill probably binge in on my Saturday free time known as my Kirkland lasagna and sans pants day

Last edited:

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
oh shit barely noticed it was season 3 might take me like 3 weeks to catch up.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
today i watched gossip girl mid-season finale and im onto the f-boy finale now, lol

pumped for titans episodes 1-3 in the morn. maybe ep 1 tonight
I watched the original gossip girl on the WB/cw but this new one looks too silly like one of the characters might be non binary or trans or something.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
I watched the original gossip girl on the WB/cw but this new one looks too silly like one of the characters might be non binary or trans or something.
ive never seen the original. but love the new one. which character, the shaved headed black girl? if so, shes just a hot straight girl with a shaved head

Last edited:

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
Daglord @Daglord

broooooo. just finished episode 3. whoa

okay preliminary thoughts

parallel structure #1
just as jason todd went in solo and got caught by deathstroke, he went in solo and got caught by the joker. and then hawk went in solo and got caught by jason todd. then dove went in solo and although dick showed up and tried to stop her, she set off the bomb

parallel structure #2
- puppet master is leveraging children to make people do bad stuff such as the woman who blew up the people near the atm since her child was in danger
- same ploy at the bank was used, or at least they thought so. instead, the parents were also held in vans with red hoods and the puppetmaster (joker?) sacrificed his accomopliced inside the bank (unless i misunderstood that scene)
- leads me to believe that a key plot point will be leveraging either dick/jason to get batman to something since theu are his children. or else leveraging jason to get dick to do something since jason is like a son to dick also
- justin in San fran is in touch with koriad'r - which begs the question. will blackfyre leverage him to get after kory (due to parallel structure)

possession
in season 2, koriand'r sister blackfyre was able to possess kiriand'r buddy
- jason todd hears joker laughing in the very first scene, foreshadowing is later possession
- koriand'r was possessed for little hit in the house when she set stove on fire
- when batman pleaded for dick grayson to help him, he was visibly trembling. (i watch with subtitles that pointed that out). so i suspect that he may be battling with someone possessing him on and off
- jason todd is probably possessed, although not necessarily by blackfyre since the show is using a lot of parallel structure. my guess is by the joker, which leads into point #2

rebirth
- season 2 ended with raven going to the amazon girl place to try to ressurect donna troy sonce ravens oowers had been increasing
- jason todd was thought to be dead. but hes not. so a rebirth or sorts
- which leads me to believe that the joker is not dead. crowbar demolishing him is a good way to "kill" someone by killing a body double and leaving them unrecognizable, assuming they cant test the jokers dna
- conner wss created in a test tube from dna. can the same be done to hawk?

wildcards
- i have to rewatch the scene, but some drug family was said to be doing something with opiods. and dick is giving the dr dude in jail "good" pot. is dick goving him something that allows him to be the puppetmaster through telepathic posession or something??
- koriand'r took over a womans body in the season 2 post credit scene. so is she out there in her own form or is she morphed into someone elses form, such as jason todd?
- gar mentioned being any animal. which animal will be become? or will gar be able to inpersonate a human?

Last edited:

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
Thanks for the recommendations and reviews on this. I’m going to give the series a go now.

Dick Niaz

Jan 14, 2018
theres a character called dawn or dove that might be the hottest woman ive ever seen on my life
Oh yeah, that’s Minka Kelly. Her breakout acting role was on Friday Night Nights (the series not the movie). She became a household name though, when she starting dating Derek Jetter while he was still playing. I was really pissed about that because I had called dibs and he didn’t respect it. Also fuck the Yankees. Now she is dating Trevor Noah who I can’t stand.

Forgetting about her taste in men, she is an absolute specimen.
B76C0BC4-AA55-4A5B-B0A4-7586DEB1F582.jpeg69298726-1B20-436A-B385-969A34CD85F8.jpeg

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
even though this show has a very small online following, and even though im late on this time-sensitive video since i worked on a Gossip girl video thursday, and took yesterday off until last night, i decided that i like this show enough that i'm going to cover it

here's my episode 1-3 breakdown if anyone's bored. i wont post future breakdowns here tho since self-promotion is lame

View: https://youtu.be/1GBJRKs2Aj8

Daglord

Posting Machine
Jan 26, 2015
even though this show has a very small online following, and even though im late on this time-sensitive video since i worked on a Gossip girl video thursday, and took yesterday off until last night, i decided that i like this show enough that i'm going to cover it

here's my episode 1-3 breakdown if anyone's bored. i wont post future breakdowns here tho since self-promotion is lame

View: https://youtu.be/1GBJRKs2Aj8
awesome & thanks! will watch later tonight after I finish episode 3. got busy & have been staying away from thread b/c of spoilers.

looking forward to checking back in!

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
Just started watching season 3 and other than some of the music choices, it's the best so far. Not sure why they didn't slow burn the Red Hood reveal a bit longer, but the show is fantastic.

Also, in comics Donna should definitely be hotter than Dove, but agreed with sentiments above that Dove is insanely hot. I'd like to see her in a film with the dragon girl from Game of Thrones.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
Just started watching season 3 and other than some of the music choices, it's the best so far. Not sure why they didn't slow burn the Red Hood reveal a bit longer, but the show is fantastic.

Also, in comics Donna should definitely be hotter than Dove, but agreed with sentiments above that Dove is insanely hot. I'd like to see her in a film with the dragon girl from Game of Thrones.
Donna is a ridiculously hot actress too. i kinda love her

im not familiar with the comic, so it was a big surprise where episode 1 went. but as you catch up with the season, they fill in the details. so the presentation choice worked for someone like me who went in blind

Daglord

Posting Machine
Jan 26, 2015

same. the turn to red hood (& reveal) could have been an entire season. I really wish they would have slow burned like you said. tracking joker, finding him & getting beaten all happened before the opening credits of the first episode & that was a HUGE moment in the Bat family's story. there was A LOT of potential there.

I have heard that there still could be a major twist coming, after we think we have it all figured out, but not sure about that. it would explain why the joker beating & red hood reveal happened so fast (& was somewhat weak IMHO - Jason Todd was a badass, they really nerfed him for that scene). I'd be happy if this entire season was devoted more to Jason's turn to red hood & less about Blackfire.

haven't watched ep 5 yet - tonight.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
same. the turn to red hood (& reveal) could have been an entire season. I really wish they would have slow burned like you said. tracking joker, finding him & getting beaten all happened before the opening credits of the first episode & that was a HUGE moment in the Bat family's story. there was A LOT of potential there.

I have heard that there still could be a major twist coming, after we think we have it all figured out, but not sure about that. it would explain why the joker beating & red hood reveal happened so fast (& was somewhat weak IMHO - Jason Todd was a badass, they really nerfed him for that scene). I'd be happy if this entire season was devoted more to Jason's turn to red hood & less about Blackfire.

haven't watched ep 5 yet - tonight.
Lol episode 5 should be a fun watch.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
Oh yeah, that’s Minka Kelly. Her breakout acting role was on Friday Night Nights (the series not the movie). She became a household name though, when she starting dating Derek Jetter while he was still playing. I was really pissed about that because I had called dibs and he didn’t respect it. Also fuck the Yankees. Now she is dating Trevor Noah who I can’t stand.

Forgetting about her taste in men, she is an absolute specimen.
View attachment 43635View attachment 43636
Oh no she has the Jeter strain!

Dick Niaz

Jan 14, 2018
I just finished season 1 on Hulu. That is the only season available there. Season 2 is on Prime but I’m not buying it for $30. Guess I’ll have to wait. Damn, I was enjoying it!