UFC Fight Night: Barnett vs Nelson LIVE Discussion - 9/26/15

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Darqnezz

Merkin' fools since pre-school
Apr 25, 2015
Roy is good enough at HW to challenge for the belt. He has the hands, ground game, & chin. He just can't do it as a Super Heavyweight. Josh Barnett isn't in great shape, but he looks like a Mr Olympia contender next to Roy.

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015
wow!

I just got home and they showed this as the broadcasting was wrapping up. that's one of the most brutal and one of the most unexpected KOs I've ever seen. I would've bet a lot of money on Moose if I wasn't against betting.

shit like that just didn't happen with Mousasi. this KO will end his run at the top. he was elite and so well rounded that it was a curse. he would hang with Machida on the feet and with Jacare on the ground and lose both times.

teamquestnorth

Lindland never cheated
Jan 27, 2015
Everyone's always been so high on mousasi for some reason. Not sure why.

He lost to a past his prime machida recently. Not to mention King Mo and Uriah Hall.

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015
disagree with the both of you.

he was very, very good. Dream champion, Strikeforce champion, godly record...what more do you want? not everyone is getting ufc gold... he lost but hung with Machida on the feet and just got wrestlefucked by King Mo when King Mo looked like he was going to be a force.

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015
just watched the full fight.

you guys are some carried away motherfuckers. dude just got caught...

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
just watched the full fight.

you guys are some carried away motherfuckers. dude just got caught...
he was hit with a technical as fuck jumping heel kick and a knee followed by GnP . getting caught is having a haymaker land .this was not someone getting caught it was uriah putting together several varied strikes to end a fight.

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015
he was hit with a technical as fuck jumping heel kick and a knee followed by GnP . getting caught is having a haymaker land .this was not someone getting caught it was uriah putting together several varied strikes to end a fight.
oh you wanna argue semantics... let me go pick up the dictionary.

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
oh you wanna argue semantics... let me go pick up the dictionary.
I think he was caught and ended up covering up, didn't see any signs of him wanting out of the fight, the ref as you can see was attempting to jump in immediately and couldn't make up his mind, I don't think neither fighter did anything wrong, but they need to retrain the ref and maybe put him on regional shows, hell maybe he can star on dana's new reality show. He sucked and was right up there with Mazagati

Sweets

All Around Dumbass
Feb 9, 2015
I think he was caught and ended up covering up, didn't see any signs of him wanting out of the fight, the ref as you can see was attempting to jump in immediately and couldn't make up his mind, I don't think neither fighter did anything wrong, but they need to retrain the ref and maybe put him on regional shows, hell maybe he can star on dana's new reality show. He sucked and was right up there with Mazagati
Oh dear god do you want to see people killed? He was severely concussed and holding on in the fetal position, he didn't even let go when the ref stopped it because he barely knew what was happening. The kick concussed him, the knee concussed him more, what do you want a full seizure before someone is out?

Judobill

First 100
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I've got a massive head cold and passed out from nyquil before the fights. Thanks for the recap.

Narcosynthesis

Posting Machine
May 25, 2015
Barnett impressed me with his strikes. Nelson has no cardio as per usual.

Moose had the fight won but got caught. It happens. He looked good up to that point.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
Spinning back kick.

Apr 3, 2015
just watched all the fights. I was out of town all weekend so I stayed away from everything sports related so the event wasnt spoiled for me at all.

the event was okay. the Roop fight was awesome. the Nelson fight was good for the age and mileage of the fighters....Uriah Hall.....holy fuck wow!!