UFC Vegas 89 Ribas vs Namajunas LIVE Discussion - Sat 3/23/24

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
Added to Calendar: 03-23-24

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
1711147641086.png

Main card (ESPN/ESPN+ at 10 p.m. ET); Prelims (ESPN+ at 7 p.m. ET)

MAIN CARD
  • Amanda Ribas vs. Rose Namajunas
  • Karl Williams vs. Justin Tafa
  • Edmen Shahbazyan vs. AJ Dobson
  • Payton Talbott vs. Cameron Saaiman
  • Billy Quarantillo vs. Youssef Zalal
  • Fernando Padilla vs. Luis Pajuelo
UNDERCARD
  • Kurt Holobaugh vs. Trey Ogden
  • Ricardo Ramos vs. Julian Erosa
  • Miles Johns vs. Cody Gibson
  • Jarno Errens vs. Steven Nguyen
  • Montserrat Rendon vs. Darya Zheleznyakova
  • Igor Severino vs. Andre Lima
  • Mohammed Usman vs. Mick Parkin

jason73

Auslander Raus
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
What a shit card. Did they pull everyone off of the streets for a free meal? Who the fuck are these people?
absolute garbage card . i am not even going to waste my time watching this trash. i have literally watched almost everything for the last 20 years but these last few months of lame ass ufc cards have completely lost my interest

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
absolute garbage card . i am not even going to waste my time watching this trash. i have literally watched almost everything for the last 20 years but these last few months of lame ass ufc cards have completely lost my interest
Isn't this the type of card that not just justifies, but should have an early start time mandate?

jason73

Auslander Raus
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
they seriously had better cards when they were stuck on FoxSports2 back in the day . the ufc went mainstream then oversaturated itself so bad there is almost nothing left. it is watered the fuck down and full of no names and nobodies.who is the biggest star right now? who is there that could sell a million ppvs? i doubt they have anybody who could sell 500k ppvs anymore .they have like 40-50 good fighters and 700 cannon fodders. they can put together a decent ppv still but these free cards are beyond underwhelming . the old formula they used forever was a good main and co main followed by 3 up and coming fights that moved guys up the rankings . the prelims always had a solid "main event" and a few good fights with known gatekeepers vs new guys .maybe the curtain jerker and the next fight were no names but that was it . now we have the ghost of rose main eventing with a justin taffa co main followed by the rest of the card where i can recognize 3 names. this is PFL level bad

Rambo John J

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
they seriously had better cards when they were stuck on FoxSports2 back in the day . the ufc went mainstream then oversaturated itself so bad there is almost nothing left. it is watered the fuck down and full of no names and nobodies.who is the biggest star right now? who is there that could sell a million ppvs? i doubt they have anybody who could sell 500k ppvs anymore .they have like 40-50 good fighters and 700 cannon fodders. they can put together a decent ppv still but these free cards are beyond underwhelming . the old formula they used forever was a good main and co main followed by 3 up and coming fights that moved guys up the rankings . the prelims always had a solid "main event" and a few good fights with known gatekeepers vs new guys .maybe the curtain jerker and the next fight were no names but that was it . now we have the ghost of rose main eventing with a justin taffa co main followed by the rest of the card where i can recognize 3 names. this is PFL level bad
They are getting paid a flat rate for the job nowadays
So this is what we get

It literally doesn't matter how great the card quality is, they have built in plausible deniability because they have to run out 26 guys almost every week

watered down would be an understatement IMO

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
"It's often the weakest cards on paper that have the best fights"

- Virgins

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
I agree, but it's often the weakest cards on paper that have the best fights

jason73

Auslander Raus
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
that is disgusting lol

didn't see it but that dude is gonna be in some shit
i didnt see it either . it came up on my twitter. i would like to know the context of why he bit him. it seems like a total retard move for no reason

Rambo John J

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
i didnt see it either . it came up on my twitter. i would like to know the context of why he bit him. it seems like a total retard move for no reason
your video isn't available any longer
I will find another one

pretty damn filthy foul

Last edited: