UFC vet Antonio McKee on antitrust lawsuit outcome: ‘Only person that won here was the attorneys’

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
1711587803532.png

MMA pioneer Antonio McKee is not encouraged by the result of the UFC antitrust lawsuit.

Earlier this month, more than 10 years of work culminated when the UFC’s parent company reached a proposed $335 million settlement to resolve a pair of antitrust lawsuits that threatened to change the very fabric of the sport. The news signaled a premature end to a story that had the potential to be one of the biggest of 2024, and reaction to it has been decidedly mixed, with many fighters calling the outcome an outright win for the UFC.

McKee has been involved in the fight game from both a competition and coaching standpoint since making his professional debut in 1999, and he sees things the same.

“You know what? It’s great, but they shouldn’t have settled, and it does nothing,” McKee said Wednesday on The MMA Hour.

“What’s changed? Nothing’s changed. So I basically have seen a bunch of attorneys sell out.”

UFC vet Antonio McKee on antitrust lawsuit outcome: ‘Only person that won here was the attorneys’ - MMA Fighting

jason73

Auslander Raus
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
who tf cares what antonio mckee has to say on this topic he literally fought for the ufc 1x 14 years ago and lost . he was in the UFC for 6 weeks . he isnt wrong but i dont even know why he would be involved in the lawsuit at all

Lamont Cranston

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I work out at Sam Stout's gym.

I was talking to Sam the other day and he told me that he'll be interested to see what he gets out of this settlement.

He's got about 20 fights under the UFC banner and I think about 10 of them will fall under this timeline for the lawsuit.

He's not really expecting much and it still remains to be seen how any money is dished out and also how it's portioned up.

Rambo John J

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 17, 2015

I was talking to Sam the other day and he told me that he'll be interested to see what he gets out of this settlement.

He's got about 20 fights under the UFC banner and I think about 10 of them will fall under this timeline for the lawsuit.

He's not really expecting much and it still remains to be seen how any money is dished out and also how it's portioned up.
Is the payouts weighted to fights or fight purses?

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015

Interested to hear the result