General USA fails to qualify for 2018 World Cup

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Yeah, it's soccer. But it still kind of sucks. I actually enjoy watching the World Cup.

A win last night over Trinidad & Tobago would have secured their spot. Due to point differential, a tie would have likely been enough. But they lost 2-1.

This is the first time since 1986 that USA has failed to qualify for the World Cup.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
They were looking good in the last World Cup.

Shame really.

A tough to please British soccer/football commentator actually said “America has a real, quality team and is a force to be reckoned with....no more days of them being an also ran”

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
A tough to please British soccer/football commentator actually said “America has a real, quality team and is a force to be reckoned with....no more days of them being an also ran”
Ha. So much for that.

If you can't beat T&T in a must win situation, and in a match where T&T was already eliminated from WC contention - you don't deserve to be in the World Cup.

You can't fire all the players - so I'd start at the top. I don't follow it closely - at all - but a loss like this would lead me to believe an overhaul is in order.

Robbie Hart

Feb 13, 2015
Ha. So much for that.

If you can't beat T&T in a must win situation, and in a match where T&T was already eliminated from WC contention - you don't deserve to be in the World Cup.

You can't fire all the players - so I'd start at the top. I don't follow it closely - at all - but a loss like this would lead me to believe an overhaul is in order.
Why did they ever get rid of klinnsman?

Team Bisping

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Shame but I believe USA have to go through quite a brutal qualification process, over here the "TOP" countries get seeded and given easier groups, though that doesn't stop england from barely winning every game whilst looking like utter shite.

Team Bisping

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Ha. So much for that.

You guys have pulisic, lucky bastards

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Why did they ever get rid of klinnsman?
One of the reasons was losing games he was supposed to win. How ironic.
He had a rift with quite a few players, too. There was a lot of infighting and second guessing of his tactics.

But I think they hired the guy that they fired Klinsmann for. Zero progress.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
The loss hurts. Many people in the States only watch soccer when it is the World Cup or the Olympics - I'm sort of in that crowd. So with 2018 out of the picture, many people over here won't pay any attention to the sport until the 2020 Olympics. That's 3 years.

Robbie Hart

Feb 13, 2015
One of the reasons was losing games he was supposed to win. How ironic.
He had a rift with quite a few players, too. There was a lot of infighting and second guessing of his tactics.

But I think they hired the guy that they fired Klinsmann for. Zero progress.
Players nowadays.....shut the fuck up and let the legend direct you.....if not, you’re a shit player

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Players nowadays.....shut the fuck up and let the legend direct you.....if not, you’re a shit player
He was playing attackers as defenders and defenders as attackers. It makes you look like a genius when it works, but when it doesn't...

Robbie Hart

Feb 13, 2015
He was playing attackers as defenders and defenders as attackers. It makes you look like a genius when it works, but when it doesn't...
You are a team and if coach says do it then you do it......he would have corrected it but now they’re out of the World Cup for another 4 years

Last edited:

Mix6APlix

The more you cry, the less I care.
Oct 20, 2015
Trump needs to bench them.

On the plus side Gary Goodridge is happy.

Truck Party

TMMAC Addict
Mar 16, 2017
I'm never more proud to be an American than when we lose at kickball

Last edited:

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
Yeah, it's soccer. But it still kind of sucks. I actually enjoy watching the World Cup.

A win last night over Trinidad & Tobago would have secured their spot. Due to point differential, a tie would have likely been enough. But they lost 2-1.

This is the first time since 1986 that USA has failed to qualify for the World Cup.
The Netherlands may also have to sit this one out. Total garbage. And both the US and the Netherlands looked spectacular.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #ASSBLOODS
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Shame but I believe USA have to go through quite a brutal qualification process, over here the "TOP" countries get seeded and given easier groups, though that doesn't stop england from barely winning every game whilst looking like utter shite.
They go into a regional qualifying league.

They sucked shit so they didn't make it.

USA

Chile

Holland

Ghana

Almost Argentina didn't make it.

Gonna be an interesting tournament.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
Need to have a real look at the system over in the states. Players leaving college at 22 is too old. Works for NBA/NFL etc because of the money involved in college game there, pretty much professionals even though they are unpaid, not the same for soccer. US soccer is competing with the rest of the world and if you aren't at least on the radar of top teams by 22 you probably won't make it. Makes it hard for US players to compete since they don't get the same level of coaching from a young age.

As for right now, fire everyone in the management and start over.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
Besides the people who played Soccer, does anyone in the US watch it?

Why come US is only country to call it “soccer”? “Football” sounds more fitting to the game. And shouldn’t “American Football” be called “American Rugby”?

Who was in charge of naming these? Guy should feel like an idiot.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015

Why come US is only country to call it “soccer”? “Football” sounds more fitting to the game. And shouldn’t “American Football” be called “American Rugby”?

A lot of shit US is doing just to be US, guns, empirical measuring system, shit like that.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016

Not many, no. It is growing in popularity though.

Some of the clubs are getting away from calling it soccer. They use the FC abbreviation, which stands for Futbol Club.

But it's still soccer. We even have Soccer Moms here, which are hotties with kids toting their kids around. You can't just up and change that to Football Moms. That would be stupid.

Mix6APlix

The more you cry, the less I care.
Oct 20, 2015
Soccer mom fan here, pics please
Don't know if this is a national thing or not but in Illinois, lacrosse is really taking off in popularity. I've found it a great way to meet hot moms. I stop by the game and scout out the kids/moms. Then when the game starts I'll heckle the kid with the hottest mom relentlessly for their lack of skill/effort. Then when the mom finally breaks down and tells me what a pos I am, I apologize and explain that I really love lacrosse and sometimes get over emotional when watching games at any level, then offer to take her out for lunch or starbucks. High success rate.