Listen What are you listening to RIGHT NOW?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016

Tuc Ouiner

Posting Machine
May 19, 2016
Me thinks the Metallica version is better although they KINDA ripped off Dave. They tweaked it. This, in turn, enraged him enough to make the epic album PEACE SELLS, BUT WHO'S BUYING?..right.. Hauler?

Tuc Ouiner

Posting Machine
May 19, 2016
Happy 40th Anniversary to all the SLAYER fans. The SHOW NO MERCY lp was released 4 decades ago! If only I had the wherewithal or ability or fuckin' ability to put a song on this miserable website.. maybe one of y'all smart whippersnappers can help an old geezer out..

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Underneath Denver International Airport
Jun 19, 2016
Happy 40th Anniversary to all the SLAYER fans. The SHOW NO MERCY lp was released 4 decades ago! If only I had the wherewithal or ability or fuckin' ability to put a song on this miserable website.. maybe one of y'all smart whippersnappers can help an old geezer out..
Just copy the url up top and paste it...then post reply

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Me thinks the Metallica version is better although they KINDA ripped off Dave. They tweaked it. This, in turn, enraged him enough to make the epic album PEACE SELLS, BUT WHO'S BUYING?..right.. Hauler?
Well, that song existed before Metallica. If you look at the liner notes in Kill Em All, Mustain gets credit for the The Four Horsemen (along with Hetfield and Ulrich). He also got credit for Jump in the Fire, Phantom Lord and Metal Militia.

Mechanix actually showed up as a Metallica song in Metal Up Your Ass and No Life 'Til Leather (demo).
So it was first. After they kicked Dave out, Hetfield re-wrote the lyrics and slowed down the riff just a little bit.

I agree - I think 4 Horsemen is a better song. Meatier. More polished.
Mechanix is straight thrash.

There was always plenty of animosity with Megadeth/Metallica. Not sure if Peace Sells was a result of that - but it's a killer album.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
You just have to copy the URL and post it. Unlike that other site, you don't have to be able to write code to navigate this site.

Haven't listened to Slayer in a long time. Here you go...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdt6-jJ1_Ew

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
I forgot what a killer riff "Jump in the Fire" was.

One of the first songs a young Hauler learned on his Epiphone S-310 cranked through my 200 watt GT-200 solid-state Crate amp.
Absolutely terrorizing the neighborhood through my open bedroom window.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_DSE3FSalM

My neighbors were very pleased when I started playing mostly acoustic guitar. Haha.

Tuc Ouiner

Posting Machine
May 19, 2016
Hauler, thx for posting the Antichrist. The music critic Legs McNeil once said, "People say that rock -n-roll is the devil's music-- when it's done right..ITIS!" Nuff said.. The Antichrist..I like when he says.. Eternally my soul will Rot! Rot! ROTTTT!!!!!!