Listen What are you listening to RIGHT NOW?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Simpleman

First 100
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Sturgill Simpson on Pandora! This guy is great. Its new (old) country. Fuck Taylor swift and rascal flats! They shit all over good country music.

BJTT-Rizzo

Tanaka Clan
Feb 16, 2015
1st time trying to embed a video...everyone thinks I'm gay for liking New Navy. So watch it and call me a fayg :)

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
classic greek song covered by a Cretan dude whose band brings a modern heavy sound to it. This dude is known for his love songs lol. Meaning, he surprised me with this one. The electric guitar really adds to it.

The song he's covering here is a dark song with a serous vibe. He usually doesn't do that. Was shocked he could do such a haunting version. Creepy and dramatic vibe. Great vocals. AND A GUITAR SOLO! Which kills me.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLnwD7RYRMA

Oh. and the greatest hair cut ever.

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
The footage in that video is f the Greek protests in Athens.

Xylouris was a famous politically charged artist who helped use his music to rally young Greek people and over throw the Junta dictatorship n the 70s. He's like a Bob Dylan type fr Greece. Very important musician who changed social and political norms in a bad time in the country.

The song means "The silence inside me". Talks a lot about how horrible witnessing it all is and the burden he carries seeing so much death, blood, etc.

I could never do a translation justice. The words he speaks in Greek are so deep and when they are written in English with a direct translation they don't mean as much ,if that makes sense.

I am gonna make a thread with 5 Greek songs that I think people would really enjoy. This one band called Daemonia Nympe recreates ancient Greek music and reads poetry mostly pertaining to Zeus and mythology over it. Heavy metal fans will love it. They use ancient Greek instruments, many of which you can't buy and have to make yourself.

Here is an example. This song is epic as fuck. Around 5 mins in it gets really fast with double bass drumming.

They perform on stage with masks and loads of theatrics. The music and performance they do is very authentic to what we assume old concerts in Ancient Greece were like.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYAGpSiOeTE

I know this s not everyone';s cup of tea (the songs I posted previously).. but, Daemona Nymphe is a band that transcends genres, and is unique like nothing I have ever heard. Gona post a thread with them tomorrow cuz I know there's a few fans of heavy/dark music on here that would really enjoy this Seriously. That epic percussion. Fuck. It's like pounding my skull.

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
When I was younger, pre internet, I always thought that song was CCR (Long Cool Woman). Hollies later admitted they actually tried to do the CCR sound on it haha. Lots of their other songs are totally diff than that one. But MAN, that has a bad ass groove, riff, and great singing

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
Came across this on my fb feed. Less than 2500 views at the moment, but that will change fast i'm sure.

Rachel Claudio remix's Outkast's Hey Ya. The lyrics are actually sad but you'd never know with the original beat. Her remix shows this song in a whole new light.