Society What are your thoughts on all the white people cops kill?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Broke into her house, held a gun up to her pregnant belly, and threatened to shoot if she didn't give him money or some shit..... Because he was a fiend.
i heard that story, but I also heard that it was completely made-up...now I gotta look...

"Lastly, in 2007, authorities arrested and charged Floyd with his most serious crime: aggravated robbery with a deadly weapon.

According to police officers’ probable-cause statement, which is often the basis of prosecutors’ case against suspects, the incident (on Aug. 9, 2007) unfolded like this: Two adults, Aracely Henriquez and Angel Negrete, and a toddler were in a home when they heard a knock at the front door. When Henriquez looked out the window, she saw a man “dressed in a blue uniform” who said “he was with the water department.” But when she opened the door, she realized the man was telling a lie and she tried shutting him out. Then, the statement reads:

However, this male held the door open and prevented her from doing so. At this time, a black Ford Explorer pulled up in front of the Complainants’ residence and five other black males exited this vehicle and proceeded to the front door. The largest of these suspects forced his way into the residence, placed a pistol against the complainant’s abdomen, and forced her into the living room area of the residence. This large suspect then proceeded to search the residence while another armed suspect guarded the complainant, who was struck in the head and side areas by this second armed suspect with his pistol after she screamed for help. As the suspects looked through the residence, they demanded to know where the drugs and money were and Complaint Henriquez advised them that there were no such things in the residence. The suspects then took some jewelry along with the complainant’s cell phone before they fled the scene in the black Ford Explorer.
About three months later, investigators in the Houston Police Department narcotics unit “came across this vehicle during one of the their respective investigations and identified the following subjects as occupants of this vehicle at the time of their investigation: George Floyd (Driver)…,” the statement reads.

At 6-foot-7, Floyd was identified as the “the largest” of the six suspects who arrived at the home in the Ford Explorer and had pushed a pistol against Henriquez’ abdomen before looking for items to steal. (Nothing in the court documents suggests she was pregnant at the time of the robbery, contrary to what memes and Owens later claimed.) He pleaded guilty in 2009 and was sentenced to five years in prison. He was paroled in January 2013, when he was almost 40 years old."

whole thing is worth a read.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Yes. Let the taxpayer get their money's worth.

Militarization can also include using military tactics. That clearly isn't happening. So, yes.
the problem with that is many-fold...the department is still on the hook for the training to operate and the maintenance of the asset. And because they're paying for it, they've an incentive to use it. There's a tool for every job, and those aren't tools for policing a citizen population.

and you should really look in to the impact of "Warrior Cop" training like David Grossman and others are perpetuating in the police force.
Peacekeeping and Policing aren't the same job, unless you're in a Police State.

I want to send you a book. Would you read it?

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
the problem with that is many-fold...the department is still on the hook for the training to operate and the maintenance of the asset. And because they're paying for it, they've an incentive to use it.
No. It's the taxpayers property. Fire departments don't cruise around using their pumpers at every opportunity.

There's a tool for every job, and those aren't tools for policing a citizen population.
I'm not afraid of inanimate objects. Whether the SWAT team arrives in a Bearcat or a cubevan is of no consequence to me or anyone else.

and you should really look in to the impact of "Warrior Cop" training like David Grossman and others are perpetuating in the police force.
Peacekeeping and Policing aren't the same job, unless you're in a Police State.
If we were actually training police officers this would be more relevant.

I want to send you a book. Would you read it?
I'd try but can't make any promises.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Sorry, rant ahead.

I had the opportunity to see it done right. We had a Sgt that loved to have "in service" training and loved to teach. We had a LT that could read people and make decisions accordingly.

Example, a military vet that was hired and was just as Splinty @Splinty described, by the book and no flexibility. He would write a damn speeding ticket for doing 56 in a 55 mph speed zone. Everything was black and white and If a law was broken they were going to jail. But then LT started coaching him on some calls.
Say something like a drunk and disorderly call. Lt would have him switch to a private channel and say "if the guy is just drunk and stupid, send him home." Little things like that and within a short time he "got it."

Another example, we hired a young kid, big and badass. He and another young cop were buddies so got assigned the same area together. It wasn't long before at least once a week a fight broke out on a call. Doesn't take a genius to know they were antagonizing and feeding off each other. They started getting assigned to quiet, low crime areas with an older more laid back cop as their partner.

However, you know the areas were you have a family gathering of 30 or more drunks (white rednecks) that always end up with fighting? The ones that you send no less than 3 cops because they also don't respect authority? Those two young bucks would often get those calls with a senior officer.

It's all about managing your resources. There is a time and place for everything and every kind.
What in the fuck are you talking about?