General What concert are they going to?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
With the mullet overload, sunglasses and cropped shirts...i'm going to guess the year at 1984. I also have to take into account the one guy with a broken arm, and let's not overlook the wristband displayed by our guy with his arms crossed in the middle of the photo.

These guys partied hard. They liked fast cars and faster women. That much is obvious.

But what concert?
At 1984, the likely candidates are KISS, Aerosmith, OZZY and Van Halen. Iron Maiden and Motorhead were also touring that year, but these guys look a little too clean cut for that crowd. They WANTED to be as tough as Maiden and Motorhead fans, but they probably weren't ready for that music just yet. For that same reason, I'm eliminating KISS, Ozzy and Aerosmith. These guys look more party than rock. Nobody in this group had a leather wallet chained to their jeans - this pic screams velcro. While Aerosmith eventually entered that arena, they were still considered down-n-dirty, no frills rock in 1984.

So...Van Halen.

But where? Judging by the trees in the picture, I'm going to place them in the Midwest. And given the clothing - and again the trees - this is definitely summer.

There's a few options, but I'm going with...

Van Halen
June 17, 1984
Wichita, Kansas
Britt Brown Arena

The Set List:
  1. Unchained
  2. Hot For Teacher
  3. Drum Solo
  4. On Fire
  5. Runnin With the Devil
  6. Little Guitars
  7. Cathedral
  8. House of Pain
  9. Bass Solo
  10. Jamie's Cryin
  11. I'll Wait
  12. Everybody Wants Some
  13. Girl Gone Bad
  14. 1984
  15. Jump
  16. Guitar Solo
  17. Pretty Woman
  18. Panama
  19. You Really Got Me
  20. Ain't Talkin 'Bout Love

crowbar

First 200
Jan 27, 2015
With the mullet overload, sunglasses and cropped shirts...i'm going to guess the year at 1984. I also have to take into account the one guy with a broken arm, and let's not overlook the wristband displayed by our guy with his arms crossed in the middle of the photo.
How in the world did you miss the Vince Neil headband on the guy in the back?

1684677927945.png

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Def Leppard
I considered them and it's not a bad guess, but Def Leppard wasn't touring the Midwest in 1984. And that would have been the Pyromania tour anyway. These guys aren't Pyromania fans - they are all Hysteria. And Hysteria wasn't released until 1987.

crowbar

First 200
Jan 27, 2015
I'm getting answers like Poison,Winger,REO Speedwagon & Slaughter.

*Some haters be saying Winger.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
I'm getting answers like Poison,Winger,REO Speedwagon & Slaughter.

*Some haters be saying Winger.
Too early of a pic for Poison.
Same for Slaughter. They were a 90s band.

Only chicks liked Winger, and nobody with a broken arm ever went to an REO Speedwagon concert.

Side Note: The chick on Slaughter's 1st album might take the cake for hottest woman on an album cover.

crowbar

First 200
Jan 27, 2015