What kind of gun or guns do you have?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
My tac lights were delivered today, so I got them mounted before football started for the day. I'm still a bit sure of my desired positioning of the light on my M4 which is why I haven't cut the zip ties to length yet. I might also loop them in and out of the rail to help keep the pressure switch in position. It already has 3M tape on it which is what it came with. I'll have to get to the woods to do some shooting before I figure out where I want it to live. Once I figure that out, I'll put some Loctite on the screws holding the light on. Other than that, I'm done setting up this gun.

The M4 has a Streamlight Protac HL-X USB (1000 lumens / 27100 candela).
The Glock 19 has a Streamlight TLR-7a (500 lumens / 5000 candela).
The Glock 43 has a Streamlight TLR-6 (100 lumens / 1000 candela).

View attachment 92661

The pressure switch is on the other side of the rifle.
View attachment 92662

The Glock 19 is setup exactly how I want it. I use to have a Streamlight TLR-3 on it, but the assembly started to crack. I put that light on a Glock replica BB gun I have since it has the same type of rail and its lack of recoil won't cause further damage to the light assembly. I have a new OWB holster being delivered on Tuesday to accommodate the new light. Eventually, I'll pick up an IWB holster, but I primarily carry this gun OWB during colder months and conceal it by draping my shirt and either jacket or hoodie over it depending on what I'm wearing.

The Glock 43 will get a red dot soon, then that will be setup how I want it. I'll have to pick up a pocket holster and IWB holster for it with the new light. I typically carry this as a pocket carry during the summer when I'm wearing shorts and a t-shirt. The pockets on all of my shorts are large enough to get a clean draw whereas the pockets on my pants are not. During the time of the year where it is cold enough to stick with pants rather than shorts, but warm enough not to need a jacket, I appendix carry this one hence the need for an IWB holster.

I'm also considering a TL-Racker light (1000 lumens / 20000 candela) for my Mossberg 590S, but I'm still undecided as to which light I want on that gun.
In my opinion you are better off putting the pressure pad on the top of the rail. That way you can control it with your thumb if you shoot with the c-clamp grip.

mysticmac

First 1025
Oct 18, 2015
I received and installed my new buttstock and pistol grip for my M5. I already have a Hogue buttstock on my M4 and am a big fan. It seemed like a no brainer to go with one for the M5. I still plan to paint the upper receiver, lower receiver, and handguard ODG.

PXL_20231230_215254411.jpg

PXL_20231230_215248458.jpg

I also built a new rack for the inside of the gun cabinet I recently got. I took the side racks out along with the corner shelf that was in there and built a rack that comes farther away from the back wall to accommodate long guns with scopes without having to turn them sideways, and I can remove each of them without having to move anything out of the way. They are also spaced out enough so two rifles with hanguards can fit side by side. Now I can fit up to eight long guns with scopes in there along with four handguns in the pockets on the door. I don't have that many long guns or handguns at the moment, so there is plenty of room for more.

Sometime in the coming months I plan to put a scope on the M5 which would have made the cabinet rather tight using the racks that came with the cabinet. At some point probably in 2024, I plan on building a bolt action Creedmoor 6.5 which will also have a scope. I'll probably pickup a muzzleloader after that.

PXL_20231230_223712692.jpg

I also have IWB holsters ordered for the G19 and G43 with the new lights that will also accommodate a RDS. I need to decide which RDS to put on the G43. I have a Leupold DPP on the G19. I like the large viewing window, the shake awake functionality, quick shutoff time window, and the fact that the battery can be replaced without taking the optic off of the gun. I'd like something similar for the G43, but slim enough for the slimmer pistol.

Last edited:

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
I received and installed my new buttstock and pistol grip for my M5. I already have a Hogue buttstock on my M4 and am a big fan. It seemed like a no brainer to go with one for the M5. I still plan to paint the upper receiver, lower receiver, and handguard ODG.

View attachment 92880

View attachment 92881

I also built a new rack for the inside of the gun cabinet I recently got. I took the side racks out along with the corner shelf that was in there and built a rack that comes farther away from the back wall to accommodate long guns with scopes without having to turn them sideways, and I can remove each of them without having to move anything out of the way. They are also spaced out enough so two rifles with hanguards can fit side by side. Now I can fit up to eight long guns with scopes in there along with four handguns in the pockets on the door. I don't have that many long guns or handguns at the moment, so there is plenty of room for more.

Sometime in the coming months I plan to put a scope on the M5 which would have made the cabinet rather tight using the racks that came with the cabinet. At some point probably in 2024, I plan on building a bolt action Creedmoor 6.5 which will also have a scope. I'll probably pickup a muzzleloader after that.

View attachment 92882

I also have IWB holsters ordered for the G19 and G43 with the new lights that will also accommodate a RDS. I need to decide which RDS to put on the G43. I have a Leupold DPP on the G19. I like the large viewing window, the shake awake functionality, quick shutoff time window, and the fact that the battery can be replaced without taking the optic off of the gun. I'd like something similar for the G43, but slim enough for the slimmer pistol.
Does that Hogue rattle at all? I have an Adaptive Tactical EX Performance (EX Performance Adjustable AR Stock – Mil-Spec – Black) stock on my long range M5 and love it, except for the fact that it rattles when I walk. That drives me nuts. It is super comfortable to shoot with though.
Aero's Solus line are supposed to be excellent bolt actions.
Are those two desiccant packs sufficient for the safe?

mysticmac

First 1025
Oct 18, 2015
Does that Hogue rattle at all? I have an Adaptive Tactical EX Performance (EX Performance Adjustable AR Stock – Mil-Spec – Black) stock on my long range M5 and love it, except for the fact that it rattles when I walk. That drives me nuts. It is super comfortable to shoot with though.
Aero's Solus line are supposed to be excellent bolt actions.
Are those two desiccant packs sufficient for the safe?
Regarding rattle, no. It is a tight fit. Keep in mind, I haven't shot the M5 with it on there yet. I just got the stock this afternoon. I have shot the M4 with a Hogue stock, and there is no rattle. The M5 stock is more snug than the M4 one.

I have several desiccant packs in there. I just used what I had. I plan to replace them soon, but the amount that I have should be sufficient.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHagPA8h7mM

This is a really big deal for anyone in California. Might want to take full advantage before California goes California.
True Shot is already on top of this:

Thuglife13 @Thuglife13

Thuglife13

✝👦🍕🍦🍩
Dec 15, 2018

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHagPA8h7mM

This is a really big deal for anyone in California. Might want to take full advantage before California goes California.
True Shot is already on top of this:

Thuglife13 @Thuglife13
Jesus X @Jesus X you see this shit?

Seems like everytime the American Hero Judge Benitez scores one for the good guys, the Ninth jerk-it Court of Schlemiels over turns it with a quickness...

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
Jesus X @Jesus X you see this shit?

Seems like everytime the American Hero Judge Benitez scores one for the good guys, the Ninth jerk-it Court of Schlemiels over turns it with a quickness...
They will again, but for now their appeal was dead on arrival since he already had the ruling ready. In a few days or next week? All bets are off, but for tonight we celebrate.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
And like that it's gone. My Ammo wasn't picked up from the warehouse until last night due to Blackhawks processing times despite placing my order last week. One more day on that delay and my oder would have been fucksville.

mysticmac

First 1025
Oct 18, 2015
And like that it's gone. My Ammo wasn't picked up from the warehouse until last night due to Blackhawks processing times despite placing my order last week. One more day on that delay and my oder would have been fucksville.
The 9th Circuit strikes again.

mysticmac

First 1025
Oct 18, 2015
My tac lights were delivered today, so I got them mounted before football started for the day. I'm still a bit sure of my desired positioning of the light on my M4 which is why I haven't cut the zip ties to length yet. I might also loop them in and out of the rail to help keep the pressure switch in position. It already has 3M tape on it which is what it came with. I'll have to get to the woods to do some shooting before I figure out where I want it to live. Once I figure that out, I'll put some Loctite on the screws holding the light on. Other than that, I'm done setting up this gun.

The M4 has a Streamlight Protac HL-X USB (1000 lumens / 27100 candela).
The Glock 19 has a Streamlight TLR-7a (500 lumens / 5000 candela).
The Glock 43 has a Streamlight TLR-6 (100 lumens / 1000 candela).

View attachment 92661

The pressure switch is on the other side of the rifle.
View attachment 92662

The Glock 19 is setup exactly how I want it. I use to have a Streamlight TLR-3 on it, but the assembly started to crack. I put that light on a Glock replica BB gun I have since it has the same type of rail and its lack of recoil won't cause further damage to the light assembly. I have a new OWB holster being delivered on Tuesday to accommodate the new light. Eventually, I'll pick up an IWB holster, but I primarily carry this gun OWB during colder months and conceal it by draping my shirt and either jacket or hoodie over it depending on what I'm wearing.

The Glock 43 will get a red dot soon, then that will be setup how I want it. I'll have to pick up a pocket holster and IWB holster for it with the new light. I typically carry this as a pocket carry during the summer when I'm wearing shorts and a t-shirt. The pockets on all of my shorts are large enough to get a clean draw whereas the pockets on my pants are not. During the time of the year where it is cold enough to stick with pants rather than shorts, but warm enough not to need a jacket, I appendix carry this one hence the need for an IWB holster.

I'm also considering a TL-Racker light (1000 lumens / 20000 candela) for my Mossberg 590S, but I'm still undecided as to which light I want on that gun.
I got a Holosun 507K X2 today and mounted that to my Glock 43. I also picked up a pocket holster and IWB holster for it along with an IWB holster for the G19. Those guns are fully setup the way that I want them now. I bore sighted the G43. I'll have to take it shooting soon so it is ready for summer carry.

Now it is time to finish setting up the M5 .308. I need to get a scope and a sling. I'm still debating whether or not I want to paint it. I might do a partial paint that covers the handguard and the upper receiver. The buttstcock and grip are already ODG. That would leave the lower, forward grip, & likely scope black.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
I have the Magpul MS4 on all my AR's. It's an awesome sling.

Get a good mount for you M5. The 308 beats up a lot of mounts where you end up losing zero after a couple hundred rounds. I got two of these for my M5's and they are solid (I paid $50 more than their current sale price):
Obviously you need to pick your optic before you get the mount though.

mysticmac

First 1025
Oct 18, 2015
I have the Magpul MS4 on all my AR's. It's an awesome sling.

Get a good mount for you M5. The 308 beats up a lot of mounts where you end up losing zero after a couple hundred rounds. I got two of these for my M5's and they are solid (I paid $50 more than their current sale price):
Obviously you need to pick your optic before you get the mount though.
I think I'm going to go with something more like this for this gun.

View: https://www.amazon.com/Allen-Company-Heritage-Takedown-Backpack/dp/B07MC5BG5W

I plan on using this gun more for hunting. Even if I end up switching to another gun in the future, I can still take this shit off of this one and put it on the other. I'll probably build a Creedmoor 6.5 bolt action at some point. I plan on keeping that in mind when it comes to the scope too.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
I think I'm going to go with something more like this for this gun.

View: https://www.amazon.com/Allen-Company-Heritage-Takedown-Backpack/dp/B07MC5BG5W

I plan on using this gun more for hunting. Even if I end up switching to another gun in the future, I can still take this shit off of this one and put it on the other. I'll probably build a Creedmoor 6.5 bolt action at some point. I plan on keeping that in mind when it comes to the scope too.
What's nice about those mounts are they have the 15 MOA angle, so you have that extra cushion of scope adjustments at distance. Of course if you aren't sending them to long range it isn't necessary. There are 20 MOA mounts available too.
Screenshot 2024-02-17 at 17-38-11 20 MOA Explained.png

mysticmac

First 1025
Oct 18, 2015
I think I'm going to go with the Sig Sauer Whiskey4 3-12x 44mm BDC-1.

3x is low enough for close range hunting shots, 12x should be more than enough for hunting on public land in Washington, and I like the reticle. Pretty much everywhere is selling it for the same price ($300 shipped). I'll see if I can get a discount code somewhere or just order it straight from Sig.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
1000001497.jpg
I installed single stage Timney triggers on my M5's when i built them and have been wanti g to get the AR's on yhe same page for a minute. Finally made the move when i saw a $99 sale for the CMC 3.5lb flat blades at Palmetto State Armory. New triggers just arrived today so im stoked. i also have some ambi safety selectors that im going swap at the same time.

mysticmac

First 1025
Oct 18, 2015
Washington state had an injunction of the magazine capacity ban for about an hour today until a motion to stay was filed and granted at the state level.