What would you do?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
P

Punch

So how was the guy in the brown van able to pump gas?
He was stealing the other person's prepay gas, or he swiped a card and jumped the dude in line are the only things i can come up with.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
He was stealing the other person's prepay gas, or he swiped a card and jumped the dude in line are the only things i can come up with.
Well he wasn't stealing because the guy says he was still in the queue to prepay. Maybe he swiped his card. In which case, he'd probably be done by the time the guy inside has prepaid.

P

Punch

Well he wasn't stealing because the guy says he was still in the queue to prepay. Maybe he swiped his card. In which case, he'd probably be done by the time the guy inside has prepaid.
OP says walking out after paying. If they turned on the pump with my payment and I saw it... I have no idea how I'd react to such blatant thievery. :confused::mad:

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
OP says walking out after paying. If they turned on the pump with my payment and I saw it... I have no idea how I'd react to such blatant thievery. :confused::mad:
Yeah, the OP and the picture aren't consistent. If someone was stealing my prepaid petrol, I'd want to smash them but probably have them arrested. Might also use my usual tactic of provoking them into taking a swing

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Yeah, the OP and the picture aren't consistent. If someone was stealing my prepaid petrol, I'd want to smash them but probably have them arrested. Might also use my usual tactic of provoking them into taking a swing
We don't have petrol in Murica so that's a moot point

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
one of my buddies in college (or if from the UK, university) once said, if you want someone to fight you, spit in his face..........never forget that, so if you did this and it wasn't on camera you could "provoke" them.

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
Why would you prepay? why don't you pump and pay afterwards? Maybe this guy thought he had already pumped gas and that it wasn't a problem to take his turn
There used to be a thing called "gas and dash" and it hurt a lot of smaller gas companies. They had to change it to pre-pay only.

The only exception is you don't have to go inside to prepay if 1.the gas station has credit card swipes on the gas pumps(most do), 2.you have a credit card/debit card to pre-pay at the pump without having to pay first.

In terms of the guy pre-paying via credit card while the original parking spot guy was inside, if the guy who stole the gas slot was pumping a full tank, that can take a few minutes.

I'd be pissed. Audacity.

Then again if it happened to me on a day like yesterday where my youngest turned 7, I'd probably just point at the guy to where he saw me pointing at him, start laughing, and then snap pictures openly stating how this foolishness is going on facebook.