What ya drinking tonight?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

SlapheadGiraffe

Posting Machine
Jun 21, 2016
Kingfisher with curry tonight and Warfsteiner tonight (anyone heard of that?)
A cracking German lager lined up for 1am when that alarm goes off.

Jdog93

.....?
Jun 2, 2016
These guys were on sale. And being from Texas I've heard good things about Shiner.

Last edited:

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
^ he called beer liquor.
In Manitoba the liquor commissions are government run so you can't sell any alcohol anywhere other than a beer vendor or LC. But in small rural towns the LC and vendor are located at the gas station. Not sure which provinces have government run alcohol stores and which do not.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
In Manitoba the liquor commissions are government run so you can't sell any alcohol anywhere other than a beer vendor or LC. But in small rural towns the LC and vendor are located at the gas station. Not sure which provinces have government run alcohol stores and which do not.
I don't live in Manitoba. Not even sure where it is. I'm guessing it's either an African country or a city in Minnesota. ;)

I can't be bothered to look it up right now.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
I don't live in Manitoba. Not even sure where it is. I'm guessing it's either an African country or a city in Minnesota. ;)

I can't be bothered to look it up right now.
I thought you lived in Canada, must have got you mixed up with someone else.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
I'm in a whiskey club and tonight was our monthly meeting. The theme this month was Irish whiskey. We had 4 bottles, 2 of which are common bottles - Jameson and Tullamore Dew (both of which I've had and like just fine). But then we also had these:

Both were very good, but the Redbreast was my favorite bottle of the night. Not cheap bottles ($70 or $80 I think), but both of these are worth a try if you have the chance.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
Well it's what all of my colleagues in Texas drink, so nah nah fucking boo boo!
My comment was mostly in jest. There is actually some good beer coming out of Texas these days. Shiner isn't the best, but they've been doing their thing for a long time now.

Since your on the Bud Lime, I'd recommend the Ruby Redbird by shiner for you. It's a beer with grapefruit. Refreshing in the hot months....you know, if you're into fruity beers :D

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
And to answer your question Wild @Wild, it's not bad beer. Decent, but nothing special. Worth a try if you've never had it, but it won't blow your socks off
They drink whatever the dark Shiner is. I would drink the light blonde. Can't do motor oil.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
They drink whatever the dark Shiner is. I would drink the light blonde. Can't do motor oil.
Ah, the Shiner Bock. In spite of my comments, it's a really common/popular beer here. Better on tap than bottled IMO. You probably had the Blonde.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
My comment was mostly in jest. There is actually some good beer coming out of Texas these days. Shiner isn't the best, but they've been doing their thing for a long time now.

Since your on the Bud Lime, I'd recommend the Ruby Redbird by shiner for you. It's a beer with grapefruit. Refreshing in the hot months....you know, if you're into fruity beers :D
See that's the thing...I dont like fruity beer at all. Red's Apple, Blue Moon. I dont like any of that shit. I bought this Bud Lime because they had it on sale at the gas station for $9.99 for 12 bottles. It's actually pretty decent. Last week I drank Landshark and Victoria (Mexican beers). Ok, but nothing special. Big Wave and Dos Equis Amber are probably two of my favorites right now but sometimes I can't afford the shit, so I get whatever I find on sale lol.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Ah, the Shiner Bock. In spite of my comments, it's a really common/popular beer here. Better on tap than bottled IMO. You probably had the Blonde.
Yep that it's. Shiner Bock on tap is what they drink every time I'm out there & we all go out.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
Yep that it's. Shiner Bock on tap is what they drink every time I'm out there & we all go out.
Not sure what towns you visit in Texas, but next time see if you can find Thirsty Goat on tap. It's an Austin beer, but pretty sure it's got a wide distribution now. It's an amber, pretty good draft.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Not sure what towns you visit in Texas, but next time see if you can find Thirsty Goat on tap. It's an Austin beer, but pretty sure it's got a wide distribution now. It's an amber, pretty good draft.
Dallas-Ft Worth area. I definitely will look for this next time I'm out there. Thx for the info.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
Dallas-Ft Worth area. I definitely will look for this next time I'm out there. Thx for the info.
No problem amigo. I bet you can find it there. Dallas has some decent breweries now as well, should be able to find some local beers on tap at most bars. I never used to think of Texas as a beer state, but in the last decade this state has started putting out some pretty good beer.