What ya drinking tonight?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

hit4me4

Given out tokes like it ain't no thing
Oct 24, 2015
I'm having my first Snakebite tonight.....I'm disappointed. The cidar over rode the Guiness. It could be that I shouldn't have gone the Granny Smith route.... It's OK, but I dunno if I'll do it again.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
I want to get into craft beers. But have no clue what to try first. Any suggestions?
Beer is so complex ,so many styles globally I like belgian dubbels,quads and american stouts, sours and saisons. Belgian stuff is pretty consistent though but relatively expensive. German beer is good but low on abv. Belgian beer is technically not craft but "trappist ale".

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
I'm having my first Snakebite tonight.....I'm disappointed. The cidar over rode the Guiness. It could be that I shouldn't have gone the Granny Smith route.... It's OK, but I dunno if I'll do it again.

The crisp apple is much better.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016

The Granny Smith might be a bit too sour? And we don't call those Snakebites here. We call them Bruised Apples. They layer it with about 3 fingers of cider on the bottom with the Guinness on top. So the first couple of drinks are mostly Guinness with a hint of cider, but when you get about halfway through it turns into about a 60/40 mix. They are dangerously delicious.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
And I just picked up a 12 pack of this for today/tonight. Haven't had it yet - will report back. I'm a huge fan of Warsteiner Dunkel, so we'll see how this one stacks up. Generally speaking, I love Leinenkugel's beers.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
And I just picked up a 12 pack of this for today/tonight. Haven't had it yet - will report back. I'm a huge fan of Warsteiner Dunkel, so we'll see how this one stacks up. Generally speaking, I love Leinenkugel's beers.

I looked up some reviews of this beer, which are mostly positive. I think.

Check this out :

Taste is richly satisfying. This is not a complex brew, almost single dimensional, but it's a good dimension. Upon entry my first impression was a bit of sweetness but that passed so quickly I question whether it was ever there. The malt is full on dark conveying a sense of richness with hints of chocolate and a bit of roastyness without any hint of bitterness. Roast malt lingers in the brief aftertaste but hops are no more apparent than in the usual Lenie line. Very easy drinking stuff.

LMAO. My review will be nothing like this long-winded shit. I generally rate beers as "Good stuff" or "Not very good". I think beer geeks have a secret desire to be creative writing authors.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Generally speaking, I love Leinenkugel's beers.

Havent ever had Leinenkugels. I'm more of an ale guy...anything too dark (like that pic) is too much for me. I may have to see what other flavors they have to offer.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Havent ever had Leinenkugels. I'm more of an ale guy...anything too dark (like that pic) is too much for me. I may have to see what other flavors they have to offer.
If you see the Leinenkugel Red give it a shot. Not bad at all.