What's up guys? Wondering if you'd be interested in...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Crooklyn;n4569 said:
Hi all. Name is the same on the UG. Received an invite from Birdwatcher to come check out your new online hangout. Very nice place ya got here. Hope everyone is well. Cheers!
Yayyyyy Crooklyn is here, we got some power houses coming in. Welcome Crook!

Crooklyn

Space Pirate
Jan 21, 2015
Hi guys! Already posted a few things up. Will try and stop in every day. When I drop articles, or my colleagues do that you guys might find interesting, I'll try and get em over here in an expedient fashion. Thanks for having me!

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Crooklyn;n4590 said:
Hi guys! Already posted a few things up. Will try and stop in every day. When I drop articles, or my colleagues do that you guys might find interesting, I'll try and get em over here in an expedient fashion. Thanks for having me!

Browse the Site Feedback and Help forum, Crooklyn. The threads in there will answer just about any question you may have about navigating the place...how to post links, pics, gifs, etc. Looks like you're well on your way though :)

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
No Holds Barred - THE book on NHB history, by Clyde Gentry. There is nothing more complete and nothing better, period. The stories in here are amazing - such as the history of the original IFC event in the Ukraine, where the Russian mafia ran wild, Bas Rutten threw Paul Varelans through a plate glass window after getting wasted and dancing on stage with strippers, etc) but this book really gives you the absolute best written history on the sport itself and how it came to be, from the Gracie days, the Pankration days, the Milo Savage vs LeBell days, etc. It also features some great photos, and though black and white, are still fascinating to look at.

I used to have this one. I'm getting a little teary eyed.She got it in the divorce. I'll bet it's in a ditch somewhere with the pages stuck together near AMC......hmpf hmpff

Great idea!

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Hey man, there is copies of NHB (the newest edition) on Ebay, for $3.99 with $3 shipping

That's how I got my copy. It said it was"used" but it showed up to my place clearly never read before. The spine of the book was never even opened

I'd recommend doing an ebay search for it, go to "buy it now", then sort them by the cheapest items first. A retailer called "Hastings" is where I got mine a few months back, I checked and it says they have 1 copy left for sale. Anyone reading, I'd jump on it, great book

Should have some pics up tonight or tomorrow, was having trouble getting on here today. Also, the vibe here is just a lot nicer than the UG. Thanks to you guys who created the board

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
I just checked Ebay. Hastings has one $4 copy left (this is what I'd go with cuz I bought from them and they shipped very fast). There's another copy too for a buck cheaper

So if anyone is interested I'd recommend grabbing one. There are a few editions of the book. The newest one looks like this

The older one has Chuck on the cover. Definitely get the new edition if you're gonna buy this, the entire thing is updated everywhere and there is a lot more content. Great stuff in the new one about PRIDE, EliteXC, etc.. Stuff that happened since the original was put out is covered. Some cool new pics too of Fedor and other more modern fighters

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Galanis is by far one my fav posters..very insightful and always has great material to add to legit mma convos..toast my friends glad youre here..this my first post..Cheers to all

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
ECC170;n7355 said:
Galanis is by far one my fav posters..very insightful and always has great material to add to legit mma convos..toast my friends glad youre here..this my first post..Cheers to all
Welcome Johnny! Just made a thread for you in the Fighters Only forum, where you can introduce yourself, post your bio, etc. Happy to have you aboard my friend!

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Awesome to have you here as well LOAW. Check your PM's when you get a chance.

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Wow thanks guys, that is nice as hell for you all to say. Really, thanks a lot, I know all of you from the UG and always thought you guys were among the increasingly smaller group of good dudes on there

So basically, IWEI and I were talking, and along with pics and possible book excerpts, I am gonna be putting up -

- old, early NHB/MMA events in full, with good quality

- documentaries on the fight game - mostly boxing, mma, BJJ and kickboxing stuff. I think this is what people would most dig, I have 200+ documentary/feature TV type shows on this kinda stuff. a lot of foregin (Brazilian/Russian mostly) stuff too, but all of it is subtitled. I can throw up a list of all the documentaries I have and you guys can pick what you might be interested in, because there is a lot

- articles and blog posts.

Some of the ideas I've had so far that I've been working on:

- profile/bio of Igor Vovchanchyn and his career,

- a list of the top 10 upsets in early MMA (from the first 1993 until around 2001 or so),

-fights/fighters that were solely responsible for the evolution of our sport... Think Maurice Smith's KO of Coleman to take the UFC HW title for example. Those kind of fights that changed the way everybody approached MMA.. Or in that particular case, the outcome showing how a striker could defeat a wrestler at a time when wrestlers were dominating the sport.. I really would dig suggestions on any writing shit like this

Thinking of some other stuff too, but that's what I have in mind so far. Obviously, the 'articles' would be well thought out, structured & written, not like these random forum posts I do. I'd try my best to make them read like real pieces sites would put up, ya know. I just have this desire to talk about and learn about the origins and old days of this sport.. Nobody I know really gives a fuck about that (nor do many people around here care about MMA in general like they used to), so a good outlet would be writing IMO

Anyway. You guys rule. Glad to see the board growing well... invite your friends. It'd be great to have a troll free, bullshit free MMA board with a large amount of members

crowbar

First 200
Jan 27, 2015
Here`s my earliest pic.It`s with Frank Shamrock in 1998 and about 70 pounds ago at an underground event in Roseville Ca.Tim Lajcik ended up winning the tournament.

Pete Williams was the referee.

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Amazing, glad to see you on board Crowbar. You know you are the man. A true metal head and an NHB fan that has been there since I was in hmm, maybe 5th grade? Mad respect you dude, and thanks for the PM on the UG recently where you answered all my questions about the old days

Would you be willing to start up a new thread and share your pics that you have? I've seen you post dozens of amazing old school photos over the year on the UG. In 2015, there are WAY more hardcore/old school fans reading this board on a regular basis than the UG (which is 99% newbs and trolls).. I think sharing all that stuff would be amazing and actually appreciated over here.

I'd love to take a look at all the stuff you have again.

Check out my documentary thread, I have a lot of old school stuff that I hope to share, plenty of old school docs which I think you'd enjoy if you have not seen em in a while.

crowbar

First 200
Jan 27, 2015
Thanks guy`s...I got the invite today.

Here`s the thing Galanis...I`ve totally tapered off with the pics on the UG because,I think it`s a form of boasting.

Now if someone asked for pics,then I think it`s a different story.

I`ll give it a go and see how it turns out.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
If you ever want to blog as well crowbar, just say the word and you have a spot here to do so.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
crowbar;n8536 said:
Thanks guy`s...I got the invite today.

Here`s the thing Galanis...I`ve totally tapered off with the pics on the UG because,I think it`s a form of boasting.

Now if someone asked for pics,then I think it`s a different story.

I`ll give it a go and see how it turns out.

I am flat out asking for you to post pictures :)

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
pickula;n9090 said:
Looks good here, I might just stick around :) Thanks to I Wild Each It for the invite.
You got it my man :)

Glad you like it. What's your SN at the other place?