General Where do you stand on the "bakers being forced to bake gay marriage cakes" thing?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Mix6APlix

The more you cry, the less I care.
Oct 20, 2015
Find another bakery if someone doesn't was to bake you a dueling Dildo lightsaber cake, and quit fucking crying about it. How bored are you with life, how desperate are you for attention that you make this a news story? Its pathetic.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
Find another bakery if someone doesn't was to bake you a dueling Dildo lightsaber cake, and quit fucking crying about it. How bored are you with life, how desperate are you for attention that you make this a news story? Its pathetic.
The irony of the biggest whinger here making this statement hahahahaha. Don't like your neighbours? Just move. Don't like working for Chinese employers? Just quit.

Just busting your balls ;) But it made me chuckle.

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
I was listening to Ben Shapiro talk about this and he said that the guy was willing to bake the cake for them, he just wasn't willing to decorate it with the gay marriage stuff.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #ASSBLOODS
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
For all we know the gays could have asked for cock flavor sprinkles and the baker simply didn't have none?

Mix6APlix

Oct 20, 2015
The irony of the biggest whinger here making this statement hahahahaha. Don't like your neighbours? Just move. Don't like working for Chinese employers? Just quit.

Just busting your balls ;) But it made me chuckle.
Don't like my neighbors? Just move.

Better idea, torment them until they move.

Just quit?

Exactly what I, and 13 other coworkers did.

Mix6APlix

Oct 20, 2015
Don't like my neighbors? Just move.

Better idea, torment them until they move.

Just quit?

Exactly what I, and 13 other coworkers did.
And I was the only one who got a restraining order for my social media posts thereafter.

Mix6APlix

Oct 20, 2015
You had a bad experience working for a Chinese employer? What was it? I have two friends who do too. Apparently the Chinese are brutal to work for.
They're miserable cunts and racist to the point that they make Hitler look like Mickey Mouse.

maurice

Posting Machine
Oct 21, 2015
Also, there's some stuff about marriage, but it also largely bans divorce. Not really anything specifically about being gay. Jesus told a bunch of dudes to leave their women and follow him. He supposedly never married and hung out with a whore he supposedly never fucked. Hmmm.

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Also, there's some stuff about marriage, but it also largely bans divorce. Not really anything specifically about being gay. Jesus told a bunch of dudes to leave their women and follow him. He supposedly never married and hung out with a whore he supposedly never fucked. Hmmm.
Plus he had a foot fetish and made people sit on the same side of the table.

Fuckin weirdo if you ask me

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
And he had two dads, that's a gay marriage made in heaven.

Mix6APlix

Oct 20, 2015

Shaved my wrists before taping my hands because I am a hairy dago....

Mix6APlix

Oct 20, 2015
The next morning i was visited by 2 local police officers and informed that I would be arrested and charged with tresspassing, assault, and I think the verbiage was criminal intimidation if I even stepped into the parking lot, and that my paycheck would be mailed to me.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
The next morning i was visited by 2 local police officers and informed that I would be arrested and charged with tresspassing, assault, and I think the verbiage was criminal intimidation if I even stepped into the parking lot, and that my paycheck would be mailed to me.
Direct me to the thread please.

Dashabox

Fi fie fo fum
Dec 7, 2017
The baker shouldn't be forced to do something that goes against his religion and I think the defense they are using is pretty brilliant in this case. Should an "Artist" be compelled to make a sculpture that he doesn't want to make or write a song he doesn't want to? Hits at the heart of free speech IMO.

I find it pretty sad that a baker could be legally forced to do something against his will and his beliefs yet a Seikh kid is allowed to wear a dagger to school based on religious principle despite a strict "No tolerance" policy.

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
The baker shouldn't be forced to do something that goes against his religion and I think the defense they are using is pretty brilliant in this case. Should an "Artist" be compelled to make a sculpture that he doesn't want to make or write a song he doesn't want to? Hits at the heart of free speech IMO.

I find it pretty sad that a baker could be legally forced to do something against his will and his beliefs yet a Seikh kid is allowed to wear a dagger to school based on religious principle despite a strict "No tolerance" policy.
I dont think it's a religion issue.

I am of the religion names the prince Phillip movement, which generally gives me free reign to act like the good prince would.

However.

If I was the baker in this scenario and didnt want to make a cake for a gay wedding, I feel like all I should have to say is "no thank you, we don't make that"

And that should be the end of it

Dashabox

Fi fie fo fum
Dec 7, 2017
I dont think it's a religion issue.

I am of the religion names the prince Phillip movement, which generally gives me free reign to act like the good prince would.

However.

If I was the baker in this scenario and didnt want to make a cake for a gay wedding, I feel like all I should have to say is "no thank you, we don't make that"

And that should be the end of it
"If I was the baker in this scenario and didnt want to make a cake for a gay wedding, I feel like all I should have to say is "no thank you, we don't make that"

I agree. I just think that there are some crazy double standards being applied across the board and I am really hoping that the court rules in favour of common sense on this issue. I think it is a dangerous precedent to set where we can force people to do things against their beliefs. (I know we already do this)