General Who eats the heel on a loaf of bread?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
look at all these hidey tidey rich people.

i ate many meals of heels and mcdos ketchup.
I ate plenty of sandwiches made of bread, cheese and mayo. Bologna didn’t make it to our house very often. If i was really lucky, we would have bread and some spaghetti sauce.

jason73

Auslander Raus
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I don’t mind it, but maybe that’s because we grew up poor
this was my initial take on this thread as well. i was like "none of these motherfuckers ever grew up poor" .the bread heel isnt my favorite but i am not too good to eat it if it is the only bread in the house

Rambo John J

Baker Team
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
If I didn't eat all my food whatever it was I got less food the next day, and a lecture on starving kids in 3rd world countries. Folks weren't even poor. +Bread was a luxury because my parents were hippy earth eat some dirt people, so the heel of a loaf was basically a desert to me.
When they reduced my rations I ate some dog food...not even joking.

I like the heel because it toasts quicker and I like my toast well toasted and I only put butter or condiments on one side anyways...on some breads the crust/edge/heel are where the caramelized ingredients are, and that usually tastes great to me
:horseface:

Poiupoiu

Long and Thick Member
Oct 26, 2015
I ate plenty of sandwiches made of bread, cheese and mayo. Bologna didn’t make it to our house very often. If i was really lucky, we would have bread and some spaghetti sauce.
the government cheese didnt last that long in our house. id eat inches of it at a time. gone in a week.

mayo wasnt given out that often, but mayo and ketchup did make a good sandwich when youre starving

Rambo John J

Baker Team
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
the government cheese didnt last that long in our house. id eat inches of it at a time. gone in a week.

mayo wasnt given out that often, but mayo and ketchup did make a good sandwich when youre starving
How big was the chunk of cheese.

NotBanjaxo

Formerly someone other than Banjaxo
Nov 16, 2019
Only if it's one of these...

I only buy seeded bread, and the heels are the best bit, especially the last one as you get to empty out all the loose seeds as well. I use the butter I spread on the last heel to stick all the loose seeds to it, yummy!

Poiupoiu

Long and Thick Member
Oct 26, 2015
If I didn't eat all my food whatever it was I got less food the next day
if i didnt eat all my food, that was the next, next, and next meal until i finished it.

i cant stand to see parents and kids now, "oh, my kid will ONLY eat chicken mcnuggets"

i had no choice what so ever

NotBanjaxo

Formerly someone other than Banjaxo
Nov 16, 2019
I remember making ketchup butties as a kid.

Poiupoiu

Long and Thick Member
Oct 26, 2015
we had bologna and sliced ham the first 2 weeks of the month, after that nothing.

of course they didnt know it at the time but the preservatives in sliced meat causes migraines.

id be throwing up with headaches almost every month. free health care couldnt figure out shit

crowbar

First 200
Jan 27, 2015
I have to be honest.I don't know what box we got from my aunt.It might have been this one.

1663298665130.png