Who finishes the arm-in guillotine?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wintermute

Putin is gay
Apr 24, 2015
Definitely my lowest percentage tech- I've found a couple videos, below being the best- does anyone have any other advice? Seems like I get her more than the regular guillotine, it would be nice to be able to take advantage.

maurice

Posting Machine
Oct 21, 2015
I'm on my work computer so I can't see the video you posted, but all of Renzo's guys are excellent at this.

The key is the way they squeeze it. Hard to describe in words, but Renzo and others have made videos.

A lot of people have sloppy finishes on their regular guillotine, but they can still work when there is no arm in.

M

member 603

I do all the time, the key is not to extend your legs and pull like a regular guillotine... Side crunch

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Definitely my lowest percentage tech- I've found a couple videos, below being the best- does anyone have any other advice? Seems like I get her more than the regular guillotine, it would be nice to be able to take advantage.

that's my good friend, Ty. Chase and I were blue belts at the same time, lol.

Rener has a slick arm-in, probably some footage of it from the Guillotine Mastery seminars they do.

But like @Rhino said, dropping your legs from "belt" grip to low on the hips, and pulling them in, is the big difference.

If you want a SuperSecret that you can only get from Surfing Brian Ortega's Scrotum, open your body away from the choke when you make the grip. It lets you get the grip super-high on your own chest, and when you turn back towards the choking arm, it comes on SUPER tight.

and might just be me, but I have better finishing % with 'open' guard. knee across the hips, leg over the back. But the leg on the belly lifts, and the leg on the back drives down.

Last edited:

SAJ

Posting Machine
Aug 2, 2015
I do all the time, the key is not to extend your legs and pull like a regular guillotine... Side crunch
I feel like extending the legs is actually helping the guy to pop the head out. A mistake I see a lot.

RedDragonUK

Posting Machine
Apr 17, 2015
Finished it a few times by rocking the baby or ending up in mount and pushing my chest out.

Wintermute

Putin is gay
Apr 24, 2015
Still working on the sensitivity for this finish- I was able to get good results with the pretzel grip, but my training partners couldn't determine if it was a neck crank or choke...