Who smokes cigars??

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
The devil's site will make you go broke, lol. Great site, even though certain brands outlawed selling their cigars. If you are a new member there, make sure to pay attention to what you set as your shipping date to save money. Go heavy on bids and auctions ending prior to your shipping date. If you are a Tuesday shipper, all auctions need to end by sunday, otherwise you'll have separate shipping on potentially a single stick (if you bid on singles) if an auction ends on monday.

Disregard if you're familiar with the Devils site. Just trying to show some ropes.

Bozy

OOHH YOU DIDNT KNOW!?
Feb 22, 2015
The devil's site will make you go broke, lol. Great site, even though certain brands outlawed selling their cigars. If you are a new member there, make sure to pay attention to what you set as your shipping date to save money. Go heavy on bids and auctions ending prior to your shipping date. If you are a Tuesday shipper, all auctions need to end by sunday, otherwise you'll have separate shipping on potentially a single stick (if you bid on singles) if an auction ends on monday.

Disregard if you're familiar with the Devils site. Just trying to show some ropes.
All great info bro. Thanks. Yeah I learned the hard way. WHERE WERE YOU A MONTH AGO!!??
Tremendous deals if you keep looking. I won 5 acrylic jar humidors for $6.50 a piece. I have 1 already and have been wanting a overflow one. Now I have plenty for company. And I never have company.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
All great info bro. Thanks. Yeah I learned the hard way. WHERE WERE YOU A MONTH AGO!!??
Tremendous deals if you keep looking. I won 5 acrylic jar humidors for $6.50 a piece. I have 1 already and have been wanting a overflow one. Now I have plenty for company. And I never have company.
That's the reason why it's the devil's site! You buy what you don't need, and in large quantity! Lol. Either way, a great way to try tons of different sticks at a price often times substantially below market. Downside is there is a surplus of sticks no one likes that end up on the site as the only way to sell them. A good reason to buy singles first, when available. I don't like their shipping methods, and the sticks need a bare minimum of a month in the humidor prior to smoking just to rehydrate (unless they've changed that in the last year or so since I last ordered). The good thing is their customer service is solid if you get a broken stick.

Bozy

OOHH YOU DIDNT KNOW!?
Feb 22, 2015
That's the reason why it's the devil's site! You buy what you don't need, and in large quantity! Lol. Either way, a great way to try tons of different sticks at a price often times substantially below market. Downside is there is a surplus of sticks no one likes that end up on the site as the only way to sell them. A good reason to buy singles first, when available. I don't like their shipping methods, and the sticks need a bare minimum of a month in the humidor prior to smoking just to rehydrate (unless they've changed that in the last year or so since I last ordered). The good thing is their customer service is solid if you get a broken stick.
Agreed. I try to stay under $3 a stick whenever ordering. That way if I don't enjoy the stick. The price makes me feel good enough to smoke them anyways. I ordered 160 sticks this week with a average of $1.80 a stick. I'm stoked. So far I haven't received any dry or broken sticks. *knocks on wood*

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
Agreed. I try to stay under $3 a stick whenever ordering. That way if I don't enjoy the stick. The price makes me feel good enough to smoke them anyways. I ordered 160 sticks this week with a average of $1.80 a stick. I'm stoked. So far I haven't received any dry or broken sticks. *knocks on wood*
Yeah, despite their shitty packaging, I only had one actual issue with them. I notified them, amd they didn't ask for the stick back, and actually didn't even ask me to take a picture of it. Pretty solid customer service in that respect. Perhaps they would have vetted more on an expensive stick, don't know. Avoid the mystery packs since you're lucky to get one cigar of any decency, aND avoid the variety packs unless you knkw exactly what you're getting since methinks that's where they make a lot of their money, amd leave the customers hanging. If buying boxes, you might want to check around since often times you can find them at equal or lower prices through reputable online stores (for example, Atlantic cigar had boxes of le bijou for $105 shipped, properly packed, airtight with boveda pack, ready to smoke out of the package), and kniw they haven't been sitting around and are older stock. Many people talk about aging cigars and how that is the best smoke, but in my experience with cigars I enjoy, you do yourself a disservice by aging them if you like the punch of medium-full to full bodied cigars. Most of what I like is nicaraguan (best cigars hands down in my opinion), and the wrappers and fillers are already aged before construction to be smoked right off the bat. They lose so much if stored/aged for an additional 6 months. The liga #9 is so toned down after 6 months that I don't really even enjoy it.

Bozy

OOHH YOU DIDNT KNOW!?
Feb 22, 2015
Yeah, despite their shitty packaging, I only had one actual issue with them. I notified them, amd they didn't ask for the stick back, and actually didn't even ask me to take a picture of it. Pretty solid customer service in that respect. Perhaps they would have vetted more on an expensive stick, don't know. Avoid the mystery packs since you're lucky to get one cigar of any decency, aND avoid the variety packs unless you knkw exactly what you're getting since methinks that's where they make a lot of their money, amd leave the customers hanging. If buying boxes, you might want to check around since often times you can find them at equal or lower prices through reputable online stores (for example, Atlantic cigar had boxes of le bijou for $105 shipped, properly packed, airtight with boveda pack, ready to smoke out of the package), and kniw they haven't been sitting around and are older stock. Many people talk about aging cigars and how that is the best smoke, but in my experience with cigars I enjoy, you do yourself a disservice by aging them if you like the punch of medium-full to full bodied cigars. Most of what I like is nicaraguan (best cigars hands down in my opinion), and the wrappers and fillers are already aged before construction to be smoked right off the bat. They lose so much if stored/aged for an additional 6 months. The liga #9 is so toned down after 6 months that I don't really even enjoy it.
Yeah from my understanding from talking with a roller and family of a farm owner. Cigars do Not gain flavor with age. You actually lose the bold flavors after 7 to 10 years after harvest. Nothing like wine.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
Yeah from my understanding from talking with a roller and family of a farm owner. Cigars do Not gain flavor with age. You actually lose the bold flavors after 7 to 10 years after harvest. Nothing like wine.
There are some fillers in various cigars aged for many years, then others aged minimally. They blend them to give them the blend flavors they want you to taste. It's basically fucksville when people manipulate this themselves. Not to say it won't end up making a cigar more palatable for someone who otherwise wouldn't enjoy it as much, but that isn't how they are constructed, present day.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
There are some great factory tour videos on youtube going in depth about their tobacco, aging, humidity etc... It's fascinating.

Revenant

Cheesesteak Addict
Jan 25, 2020
I was once very much in the middle of the cigar world. Bought 'em, sold 'em, smuggled 'em, owned a lounge, friends with a few of the big guys, gone to factories and farms - now smoke around five a year. Been out of the whole thing for 10 years or more. Still have enough aging Cubans and premiums to last the rest of my life if I smoked two a day every day.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Do you guys know how much damage cigar smoke does to the Ozone layer?

Le Chat Noir

Le Chat Noir ©
Jan 28, 2020
I was really into cigars for a couple years when I lived in Miami.

When I moved back to DC I found a nice tobacco shop and whenever I went in all the old guys were smoking pipes.
I asked why and they just said they like the tobacco more, a bit fresher and so a little more taste.

So I bought a pipe, tired it and liked it.

Le Shat Noir
©

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
I was really into cigars for a couple years when I lived in Miami.

When I moved back to DC I found a nice tobacco shop and whenever I went in all the old guys were smoking pipes.
I asked why and they just said they like the tobacco more, a bit fresher and so a little more taste.

So I bought a pipe, tired it and liked it.

Le Shat Noir
©
So you went from cigars to smoking crack? When in DC...as the saying goes.

Bozy

OOHH YOU DIDNT KNOW!?
Feb 22, 2015
I was once very much in the middle of the cigar world. Bought 'em, sold 'em, smuggled 'em, owned a lounge, friends with a few of the big guys, gone to factories and farms - now smoke around five a year. Been out of the whole thing for 10 years or more. Still have enough aging Cubans and premiums to last the rest of my life if I smoked two a day every day.
I have yet to smoke a legit Cuban. I don't even try to find them. So many fakes going around. I wouldn't know the difference. That's a cool story man. Owning a lounge is a dream of mine. Hard business to make a living in. Especially in my small area.

Revenant

Cheesesteak Addict
Jan 25, 2020
I have yet to smoke a legit Cuban. I don't even try to find them. So many fakes going around. I wouldn't know the difference. That's a cool story man. Owning a lounge is a dream of mine. Hard business to make a living in. Especially in my small area.
Yeah it's a tough business and gets tougher every year. Smoking regulations all but killed us. Sadly the hobby had its boom and is being pushed to the fringes of acceptance in the larger scheme of things.

Bozy

OOHH YOU DIDNT KNOW!?
Feb 22, 2015
Yeah it's a tough business and gets tougher every year. Smoking regulations all but killed us. Sadly the hobby had its boom and is being pushed to the fringes of acceptance in the larger scheme of things.
How big was your lounge compared to the size of your community?

How was your model? We're you just selling sticks or was there a membership to the place? I'm always interested in the business.

Selling cigars in the lounge, what kind of margins did you try to run?

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
How dare you! Except yeah if you're at a Georgetown party, don't accept herb from a guy who get's his from Southeast.

Le Chat Noir
©
Where in DC are you? I lived in Fairfax for a bit.

Back on topic, I had an evening smoking cafe creme cigars and it took me about a week to recover. This is coming from someone who used to smoke JPS when I was 15, I don't know how anyone can smoke cigars.

Le Chat Noir

Le Chat Noir ©
Jan 28, 2020
Where in DC are you? I lived in Fairfax for a bit.

Back on topic, I had an evening smoking cafe creme cigars and it took me about a week to recover. This is coming from someone who used to smoke JPS when I was 15, I don't know how anyone can smoke cigars.
I'm not there anymore, but grew up in Loudoun, outside Middleburg.
I do not miss the beltway traffic and westward expansion.

Le Chat Noir
©

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
I'm not there anymore, but grew up in Loudoun, outside Middleburg.
I do not miss the beltway traffic and westward expansion.

Le Chat Noir
©
Moving from Norfolk to Fairfax I really missed friendliness. I got on well with two neighbours but the only friends I had were friends from Norfolk who lived in Falls Church. It was a really harsh reality moving up there.

Dijaboo

Find Sexy Girls from your city for night
Jul 14, 2020
I just quit cigarettes recently and switched to vaping, so I'm not smoking anything right now. It's been quite a change, but I'm feeling a lot better since making the switch. Vaping different flavors from c9vapors has helped satisfy my cravings while also reducing the harmful effects, making me feel more energized and healthier overall.

Last edited: