General Who was the biggest musical act you seen in the smallest venue?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

crowbar

First 200
Jan 27, 2015
Mine was Motorhead at California Dreams night club in Anaheim (100-150 people)

No barriers what-so-ever.

I could play Lemmy's balls if I wanted to.

Motorhead was already established & not just starting out.It was a promotional show for radio station KNAC.

gangsterkathryn

저승사자
Oct 20, 2015
I saw Reel Big Fish at Florida Atlantic University, in an auditorium that was closed off to like 200-250 people back in 2007.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
I've seen lots of bands at Bogarts - a smallish venue with a capacity of about 1500.
Most notably Pearl Jam (Ten) and Pantera (Cowboys). Jackyll (90s). Beastie Boys(90s).

They aren't known by many people so not really a "big act", but I saw Roger Clyne & PH Naffah at Rumba Cafe in C-Bus. Tiny bar that would be lucky to get 150 people in there. They played the entire Honky Tonk Union album beginning to end, with stories about each song. It was a great show. I saw J Roddy Walston in the same place. That was nuts. I thought the place was going to cave in it was so loud.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
The novo in L.A has hosted a lot of famous acts from the 90s and early 00s it is a pretty shitty venue claims to hold 2400 people but I doubt it could even hold 1000 comfortably the way it is built is a huge fire risk the exit is tiny and claustrophobic. i last saw buckethead perform there.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #ASSBLOODS
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Only been to two. Both at Nottingham Ice stadium series lots of people. There's a bar in Nottingham called rock city, holds a couple hundred, my buddies went to watch arctic monkeys there before they got big, I declined as I was mad at the bouncers there from r something else

billy tully

Aug 14, 2024
I saw the popular arena rock band Thirty Seconds To Mars play a full show at a small club in Toronto back in 2013.

kvr28

Ghost of KVR
Nov 22, 2015
Meatloaf and RHCP at SUNY brockport in 89 at the student union, it was basically a large cafeteria. No one knew who the hell RHCP was and they sucked for the record.

AVClub

Aug 13, 2024
Prince would often do a small club show after the concert at the big venue. In 2007, saw him at the club inside the O2 Arena. Only a few hundred folks and it was incredible.

NotBanjaxo

Formerly someone other than Banjaxo
Nov 16, 2019
Mine was Motorhead at California Dreams night club in Anaheim (100-150 people)

No barriers what-so-ever.

I could play Lemmy's balls if I wanted to.

Motorhead was already established & not just starting out.It was a promotional show for radio station KNAC.
I saw the thread title and was going to say Motorhead at the Southport Theatre, but that's around 10 times bigger than that.

AVClub

Aug 13, 2024
Before he blew up into the stratosphere, saw Garth Brooks in a studio in Burbank fllming a Bob Hope special.

BALLSDEEP

Aug 18, 2024
Red Hot Chilli Peppers the early morning after getting inducted to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame at the House of Blues for a private show.

Kid Rock at a private outdoor show during the RNC for delegates only. Some friends got me in. I was the only one not in a suit on that 90 degree day.
Probably some others if I think about it.

BALLSDEEP

Aug 18, 2024
I've seen lots of bands at Bogarts - a smallish venue with a capacity of about 1500.
Most notably Pearl Jam (Ten) and Pantera (Cowboys). Jackyll (90s). Beastie Boys(90s).

They aren't known by many people so not really a "big act", but I saw Roger Clyne & PH Naffah at Rumba Cafe in C-Bus. Tiny bar that would be lucky to get 150 people in there. They played the entire Honky Tonk Union album beginning to end, with stories about each song. It was a great show. I saw J Roddy Walston in the same place. That was nuts. I thought the place was going to cave in it was so loud.
I've been to Rumba. Bluestone (former Boma) is my favorite one down there.

megatherium

el rey del mambo
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
The Police at the Commodore Ballroom in Vancouver on their first tour in early '79.

Chrit

RdotC
Aug 13, 2024
Saliva in a dive bar in Colorado Springs that probably had like 15 people there. Obviously like 5-10 years after their brief run of relevance.

Burner2274

Aug 14, 2024
I saw Marilyn Manson in Springfield, MO at the Regency in the 90s. It was right before Sweet Dreams hit it big. That place was a shit hole and couldn't have had more than 850 people.

Saw Megadeth perform for a radio show at Remingtons in Springfield. That was another small venue, maybe a thousand.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I saw Marilyn Manson in Springfield, MO at the Regency in the 90s. It was right before Sweet Dreams hit it big. That place was a shit hole and couldn't have had more than 850 people.

Saw Megadeth perform for a radio show at Remingtons in Springfield. That was another small venue, maybe a thousand.
I stay in Springfield all the time when driving out to our office in Kansas. Doesn't seem to be a whole lot to do there.

MountainMedic

Rock Kicker
Sep 28, 2017
Saw nirvana in a bar playing for 20 people.
Saw them the next year opening a theater for sonic youth.
Big place, but almost everyone was in the bar. They killed, and mentioned they had a new record coming out.

2 weeks later nevermind came out.