General Who was the most talented MUSICIAN to come out of the Seattle grunge scene?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

trotskyshammer

Woo Pig Sooie
Aug 13, 2024
Best guitarist, Kim Thayill
Best composer/vocalist, Chris Cornell
Most underrated bassist/composer, Ben Sheperd
Most underrated drummer, Matt Cameron

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
State of Love and Trust is the best song on the Singles soundtrack.
LOFL

It's probably the 3rd WORST song.
It's not even the best Pearl Jam song.

Birth Ritual smoke it
Hendrix smokes it
Heart fucking obliterates it
Seasons shits on it
Drown drowns it
Would is top 3 on the album
Mother Love Bone is the best song on the album, & Pearl Jam's "Breathe" beats SOLAT.
Screaming Trees is neck & neck.

I can only assert that State of Love & Trust is definitively better than the horseshit Paul Westerberg put out.

internet poster

Aug 13, 2024
Vedder and Layne had "cool" voices totally unique.
Chris Cornell's voice & musical range blew them both away, and they both said it.
And they both collaborated with him, Vedder on Temple of the Dog & Layne on SAP.
There is no comparison.

Layne & Chris.

View: https://youtu.be/aESvWB-kMas?si=U6wqumbmJ93JdO--

Vedder & Chris.

View: https://youtu.be/VUb450Alpps?si=rlJO9VPr48UnvBMi

Cool thread, brings back tons of memories.

"And they're farming babies while the slaves are all working."

Burner2274

Aug 14, 2024
LOFL

It's probably the 3rd WORST song.
It's not even the best Pearl Jam song.

Birth Ritual smoke it
Hendrix smokes it
Heart fucking obliterates it
Seasons shits on it
Drown drowns it
Would is top 3 on the album
Mother Love Bone is the best song on the album, & Pearl Jam's "Breathe" beats SOLAT.
Screaming Trees is neck & neck.

I can only assert that State of Love & Trust is definitively better than the horseshit Paul Westerberg put out.
We all have our own opinions. Sirius radio had a vote a few years ago, and State was top five. I think it was even top 3.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
We all have our own opinions. Sirius radio had a vote a few years ago, and State was top five. I think it was even top 3.
Apologies if I came out hard, I honestly was scratching my head on that.

Chloe Dancer/Crown of Thorns was arguably Mother Love Bone's greatest song, and SAP songs, Temple of the Dog & several others(AIC Would", Candlebox' Far Behind, ) were dedicated to & made because of Andrew Wood.
Musically it's just the best original song on Singles.

Battle of Evermore, the Led Zeppelin great, covered by Ann & Nancy Wilson under "The Lovemongers" project band has to be up there just because it's awesome.

Would by AIC is featured on the soundtrack, and is certainly one of their best songs.
But in the movie, "It ain't like that" was the song that played(one of their many, which confused me, I still have never inquired as to why. Another underrated song that is covered in the deluxe album set, one of my first guitar rifts learned.

I think the reason State of Love and Trust may have been voted top 3 or 5, was because it was Sirius radio.
I actually learned that just now, thanks. That song was probably one of the most acceptable for portraying:
1) what SUB POP and MAINSTREAM WANTED "Grunge" to be
2) the theme of the movie itself,
but it was neither "grunge" or that special, and it segued into PJ's next album "Vs.".
imo Breath was a better song.

Birth Ritual and Seasons by Soundgarden and Chris Cornell respectively were superior imo.

Smashing Pumpkins Drown was also better imo, if you can weather the screaching feedback of the end.

Then State of Love and Trust has to battle with Screaming Trees I Nearly Lost You and, well, Jimi Hendrix.

Funny and semi-related, I was locked up when this movie came out, then transferred for good behavior to a group home transition facility in Tacoma where we had resident security.
This black guy was a Kung-Fu guy named Bernard, and was a security guy there. He was a really good guy and I ran into him later after my life had cleaned up a little.
But he got a part playing a "Single" on video and was featured in the movie.
Timestamped:

View: https://youtu.be/rqLtOjENz-Q?si=DTS4YNGMiJqhyWoH&t=89

So the movie came into the place and we fast forwarded to his scene and everyone began clowning him.