General Why aren't you dorks talking about gamestonk hilarity?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
I would have to find it. It was a reddit guy who alleged he crunched the numbers and reckons there are 35 million
missing shares. He was quite forensic but again, it was reddit

he was quite persuasive but, sorry, again, we are living in a post Trump, post fact world.

i would be minded to accept he is wrong,

I will try and find the post. Bit I can’t do it now.. too pissed,
I think someone posted it yesterda and i began reading. But vaguely recall as if it seemed like he didn't understand options. The scrolled down and saw him using akot of technical terms that made me wonder if maybe he does understand the shit. But it wss too long and I didn't care enough about the topic lol

M

member 1013

I think someone posted it yesterda and i began reading. But vaguely recall as if it seemed like he didn't understand options. The scrolled down and saw him using akot of technical terms that made me wonder if maybe he does understand the shit. But it wss too long and I didn't care enough about the topic lol
Sounds like me reading a post by kneeblock @kneeblock

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
I have a far more basic understanding than you.

but it was worth a read imo. But I would generally say on principle he is full of shit.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
I have a far more basic understanding than you.

but it was worth a read imo. But I would generally say on principle he is full of shit.
Here's my take on it going forward. His hypothesis is out there. So if there was an issue, it's not just something that effects the little guy.

There are presumably plenty of hedhefunds, mutuak funds, and separate accounts that hold long positions in gamestock. Which means there are big shots whose returns, reputation, and future would be negatively impacted by such fraud

So if there is the possibility of his hypothesis being true, then there are big shots out there rigjt now making sure their long positions aren't being effed with. So the truth would come out soon if there was an issue

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
For non gamestonks retards like myself, what's the end game with just the GME stock? I thought you were sopposed to hold until last Friday since that's all you kept being told but now it's still being said that you should keep holding while some have gave in already like the Barstool Sports Dave Portnoy guy...
The basic idea is to use money you've no intention of ever seeing again, and then refuse to sell your shares. This causes the hedge funds who are required to purchase your shares to either be unable to fulfill their requirements, or the price is so high that they go bankrupt trying to fulfill their obligations.

The Redditors seem to be under the impression that all shorts come due on a specific date, but that doesn't appear to be the case, K @kaladin stormblessed can probably better explain when shorts come due. Hopefully in English for us morons.

SoupCan

how bout dat
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
I really don't see these hedgefunds buying the stock back, I feel they'll do everything and anything to avoid paying. I expect some pretty shady things to go down, dont spend money you don't have. Seems like an easy concept, unless your my wife

M

member 1013

I really don't see these hedgefunds buying the stock back, I feel they'll do everything and anything to avoid paying. I expect some pretty shady things to go down, dont spend money you don't have. Seems like an easy concept, unless your my wife
I hope you’re right

for lulz

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
To the few of you who are giving me way too much credit on this thread, I expected a major pre market sell off of GME. But the price has held

But point being, I don't know shit when it comes to individual security selection and market timing.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
To the few of you who are giving me way too much credit on this thread, I expected a major pre market sell off of GME. But the price has held

But point being, I don't know shit when it comes to individual security selection and market timing.
It's still premarket. There's still time for you to be right.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
Can you say that in America English?
Take a look at PIPP.

SPACs make nothing. They're basically companies that raise funds and then invest them in other companies to take them public, etc.

Look at PIPP's area of expertise are and who has been involved in the company and now where those people are in the administration.

I'm not saying that it's a lock that it's going to go up but... I have a good feeling that there's room to grow.

IPOE is another that I'm keeping an eye on.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Take a look at PIPP.

SPACs make nothing. They're basically companies that raise funds and then invest them in other companies to take them public, etc.

Look at PIPP's area of expertise are and who has been involved in the company and now where those people are in the administration.

I'm not saying that it's a lock that it's going to go up but... I have a good feeling that there's room to grow.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Take a look at PIPP.

I'm definitely not in on PIPP
IMG_20210203_082609.jpg

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
what is your opinion that there may be more game stock issued than are actually available?
You are probably referring to naked shorts, which happens. And shouldn't.

If anything comes out of this mess, I hope they fix the dirty game of shorting.

Unfortunately it will likey be the retail trader who gets hosed. I already saw one of the idiots in DC wants to "fix" the situation by taxing each transaction 0.1%