General Why aren't you dorks talking about gamestonk hilarity?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Not going to lie, I absolutely love the hype, fomo, and am a little jealous. But I had to pass on this. All the same things that pump and dump crypto are at play with GME now.
And with that this is simply people taking profit off of others in a showdown of speculation. I posted before about learning to follow this and predict it very well on the crypto market and I made a lot of money. But there's a ton of anxiety about it, you FOMO hard and risk making bad plays, and most of the exuberance can only be had because there's a hot market that means you usually win. Eventually this is going to come to an end and a lot of people are going to lose everything in GME and retail trading immaturity as a whole.
Oh yea for sure. I think a lot of people took risks on this that may get bit in the ass hard.

Really sad that one person already killed themselves.

That being said it's fascinating to watch. I may jump back in on AMC.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Oh yea for sure. I think a lot of people took risks on this that may get bit in the ass hard.

Really sad that one person already killed themselves.

That being said it's fascinating to watch. I may jump back in on AMC.
When it hit $20+ I sold the majority of my shares.

Still have some @ $2.90...just in case. Haha.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
What's the move Hauler?
Should I drop another 500 down?
We going to the madafuckin Moooooon???

Come on man...let me know what to do!

View attachment 28788
It could crash back to $5 or they could run it back over $20. I have no idea. This movement is all Reddit - when I first purchased the stock I had $8 to $10 as a target exit (bought at $3).

I wouldn't be too comfortable buying in after the upward movement we've seen the last 4 or 5 days, but the activity suggests Reddit isn't done with their attempt of a short squeeze.

Screenshot_20210225-124512_Webull.jpg

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
From Wall Street breakfast.

It was the catalyst the WSB/Reddit crowd had been waiting for... GameStop (NYSE:GME) announced Wednesday that its chief financial officer Jim Bell would resign on March 26. Several sources indicating that the board pushed him out to execute its turnaround more quickly, but an outsized reaction ensued amid a sudden burst of activity. Shares surged more than 104% following two afternoon halts, and even rose another 83% in AH trading to $168.13, before paring some gains to $130.58 in today's premarket session.

When all was said and done, more than 82M GameStop shares traded hands on Wednesday, the highest level since January 27. Derivatives trading also seemed to exacerbate the move in GameStop, according to Susquehanna's Christopher Jacobson, with some 262,000 call options contracts trading hands. Looking back, another management change prompted all the activity back in January. The appointment of Ryan Cohen (co-founder of Chewy) to the GameStop board helped drive shares heavily upward and eventually resulted in the epic short squeeze that saw retail traders inflict severe losses on hedge funds. The stock still has significant short interest at nearly 42%.

Note: The new advance came after Barstool Sports founder Dave Portnoy faced offwith Robinhood's (RBNHD) Vlad Tenev over the GameStop saga. Reddit also went down after GameStop shot up, sparking a range of theories. While subreddit r/WallStreetBets, which has championed the stock, seemed to be getting a lot of heavy traffic right before the crash, it's unclear if the two were related. Last week, GameStop bull Keith Gill, also known as Roaring Kitty, shared a screenshot showinghe had doubled his long position to 100K shares.

On the move: Other meme stocks also took off on the developments, with AMC Entertainment (NYSE:AMC) soaring 18% (it's up another 15% premarket) and Koss (NASDAQ:KOSS) skyrocketing 55% (ahead by an additional 50% in premarket trade). Some of the usual suspects also got a lift yesterday, including American Airlines (NASDAQ:AAL) +5.6%, BlackBerry (NYSE:BB) +5%, Bed Bath & Beyond (NASDAQ:BBBY) +9%, Express (NYSE:EXPR) +41%, Naked Brand (NASDAQ:NAKD) +31%, Nokia (NYSE:NOK) +4.7%, Sundial Growers (NASDAQ:SNDL) +15%, Tootsie Roll (NYSE:TR) +2%, Trivago (NASDAQ:TRVG) +15%.

SoupCan

how bout dat
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Guy tries to buy gme actually buys gmed lol

Some of the comments had me fucking laughing

"Imagine having this much money to blow and being retarded at the exact same time. Bravo"

"This guy fucks"
"He gave GME the D"

"You might actually be the biggest retard on this sub"

SoupCan

how bout dat
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
I work graveyard shift and I stay awake allday Friday, so I cam trade allday. The exhaustion heightens my retardism

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
GME up 25%
Now at $242

AMC also getting some Reddit Nerd love. Up 13% to $10.50

But I'd argue AMC still has legit room to run. Currently trading at November 2019 levels. In 2018 it was $20. It isn't as artificially pumped as GME.

I'm still holding 100 shares just in case these dorks run it up over $100.

SoupCan

how bout dat
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
GME up 25%
Now at $242

AMC also getting some Reddit Nerd love. Up 13% to $10.50

But I'd argue AMC still has legit room to run. Currently trading at November 2019 levels. In 2018 it was $20. It isn't as artificially pumped as GME.

I'm still holding 100 shares just in case these dorks run it up over $100.
Lololol, planet of the apes