Wrasslin documentaries

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Point me to the best please.

I'd be interested lots but would like to see one about WWF vs WCW. I never followed the rivalry at all and just assumed WCW was for big meanies. Looking back I wish I tuned in :(

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Okay, so I don't know exactly where to find them (unless you have WWE Network) but the series "The Monday Night Wars" is exactly what you're looking for.

"WWE History of the World Heavyweight Championship" would also probably be of interest to you. It follows the history of the NWA title from the days of legit Catch Wrestling through the NWA, WCW and WWE up until it was eventually retired a couple years ago.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Not real cable. I'm on Kodi now trying to find the Monday night wars one. I see I have the championship one so that'll be a backup.

I have IPTV with lots of channels I use as well.
I ask because giving Rogers or Bell the 12 bucks a month might be worth it for the Network. It has an incredibly extensive catalog of all WWE, WCW and ECW ppv's, and that price includes the monthly PPV.

Monday Night Wars was a series with hour long episodes. If you can find the ESPN 30 for 30 on Ric Flair that's worth a watch.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Okay, so I don't know exactly where to find them (unless you have WWE Network) but the series "The Monday Night Wars" is exactly what you're looking for.

"WWE History of the World Heavyweight Championship" would also probably be of interest to you. It follows the history of the NWA title from the days of legit Catch Wrestling through the NWA, WCW and WWE up until it was eventually retired a couple years ago.

View: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x27at5l

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Underneath Denver International Airport
Jun 19, 2016
Point me to the best please.

I'd be interested lots but would like to see one about WWF vs WCW. I never followed the rivalry at all and just assumed WCW was for big meanies. Looking back I wish I tuned in :(
That was such a great time in Wrestling, WWF had been the big dog in the 80's and early 90's.

When Ted Turner started throwing around some of that money it was crazy!!

WCW was picking long time popular fighters off the WWF roster left and right, I think Vince and the WWF underestimated the drawing power of Hogan / Macho Man / Flair ...and especially the Outsiders who brought a new fresh edge to Pro Wrestling ...and finally the formation of the NWO at its infancy was amazing.

WWF was trying to counter with Degeneration X ...

The little things that swayed the fans from WWF to WCW during that time and gave WCW the edge for a period of weeks was when guys like X-Pac wasn't resigned and signed with the WCW as Syxx ...those little signings were key in turning the tides.

I remember talking with buddies and tuning in every Monday Night just waiting to see who the next big Wrestler was to leave the WWF for WCW ..that was part of the big excitement in itself.

Of course the biggest blow came when Rick Rude made that epic appearance on Monday Nitro while simultaneously being on WWF Raw ...exposing the WWF as a pre-recorded product at the time ....

Rude had jumped ship because he felt it was wrong what Vince did to Brett Hart in the Montreal Screwjob.

This was the moment:

I could talk about this for days ...such a great time, and it was a learning process for hardcore fans trying to understand the Nielson Ratings and who was moving up and moving down.

I was pulling for WCW to do big things but around late 98-early 99 you could tell they had no direction ...for me I slowly stopped watching when Vince Russo started running WCW and I gave up watching WCW all together when they brought David Arquette into the storylines even giving the guy the WCW World Heavyweight Title ..essentially taking away any value to the belt.

Last edited:

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Underneath Denver International Airport
Jun 19, 2016
Paul Heyman always knew what was up ...

Remember during the Monday Night Wars between WWF Vs. WCW, ECW was doing their own thing and creating a lot of buzz in underground Wrestling forums.

Great clip from Paul in 1995 talking about the whole WWF Vs. WCW beef

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
The rise and fall of ecw

Wcw

Heartbreak and triumph

Breaking the code

You think you know me?

Welcome to dudleyville

Razors edge (I think that's what it's called)

All these are on the network.

If you have the wwe network type in beyond the ring and it will list all the documentary they have

There's shit loads

MovinOn

Canis lupus familiaris
Jan 3, 2018
still wanna watch rick flair 30/30
I just caught that today! Holy shit, is it ever good. Got me right in the feels!

Flair lived a hedonistic lifestyle and couldn't let go. Somehow his health has survived it but his family life suffered badly. Excellent doc. Highly recommended.

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I did a while back but with Kodi I've stopped. I have lots of mma type stuff but not too much of an entertainment collection.
I've got some wrasslin docs you might be interested in.

Beyond the Mat
Hitman Hart - Wrestling with Shadows
The Backyard
The Resurrection of Jake the Snake
The Sheik
The Self-Destruction of the Ultimate Warrior

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I've got some wrasslin docs you might be interested in.

Beyond the Mat
Hitman Hart - Wrestling with Shadows
The Backyard
The Resurrection of Jake the Snake
The Sheik
The Self-Destruction of the Ultimate Warrior
Dropbox?

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
I just caught that today! Holy shit, is it ever good. Got me right in the feels!

Flair lived a hedonistic lifestyle and couldn't let go. Somehow his health has survived it but his family life suffered badly. Excellent doc. Highly recommended.
The Nature Boy is everything Conor McGregor pretends to be.