Chael Sonnen signs with Bellator

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

teamquestnorth

Lindland never cheated
Jan 27, 2015
Im seriously pumped up about this.

This must have been some pretty tight held news.

Im pretty good acquaintances with one of Chaels family members and they usually tell me all about the juicy stuff but I didnt hear about any of this.

TBH I wasnt too excited to see Chael compete under USADA rules at 39 and a long layoff.

Hes wanted the Wand fight forever. Do that shit in Japan where they can both Juice up.

Do Chael vs Fedor in Portland in a cage with Lindland as the ref.

BrunoMcGyver

Bruno no dey carry last
Dec 30, 2015
Dana White tommorrow

"Me and Chael Sonnen were never friends"
"It's no secret that many outlets claim Sonnen was a big star in 2010, but his positive PED tests really put a damper on that legacy. The UFC has proudly moved forward since that time and the fact is Sonnen has lagged behind and refuses to get with the times. He's an unranked hasbeen whose comeback will do nothing but try to relive the days of yesteryear. F-Bomb, F-Bomb, F-Bomb."

- Dana White.

Last edited:

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
I wonder if something was flagged and the UFC did him a solid? Otherwise it seems very strange.

Good for Chael though if he can make more money. I'll watch. I'm not a giant fan of his fighting style but he is a fun personality.

TheEmperorRises

Right click hospital, left click cemetery
Dec 4, 2015
When asked by the Associated Press why he decided to go back on his decision to retire, Sonnen simply said: “I’m a heel. Heels lie.”

Porkchop

The Other White Meat
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Good for him. He deserves the sponsorship money and he'll be promoted as a top guy earning top dollar.

How many fighters have jumped ship now in part due to the reebok deal? Damn.

I wonder if the UFC will ever go back to allowing sponsors. They say reebok helps them by looking like a real sports organization but what has reebok REALLY done for them? Anything of benefit?

Mix6APlix

The more you cry, the less I care.
Oct 20, 2015
Good for him. He deserves the sponsorship money and he'll be promoted as a top guy earning top dollar.

How many fighters have jumped ship now in part due to the reebok deal? Damn.

I wonder if the UFC will ever go back to allowing sponsors. They say reebok helps them by looking like a real sports organization but what has reebok REALLY done for them? Anything of benefit?
Nothing. Nothing at all.

Harold_Howard_The_Duck

Canadian Heavyweight Poultry Champion
May 30, 2015
"The bad guy is head to Bellator."

Is this the fucking UG blog? A typo in the lead? C'mon folks, let's be better than this...

The bad guy is head to Bellator.

In what can only be described as a shocking turn of events, Chael Sonnen has signed with Bellator MMA after the UFC recently granted him his release. Terms of the release or the new deal were not immediately available.

The news was first reported by the Associated Press. MMA Fighting confirmed the news with both UFC and Bellator officials.

Sonnen, 39, will enter Bellator with a 29-14-1 professional record, however, he has not fought since his Nov. 2013 loss to Rashad Evans. He recently served a two-year suspension handed by the Nevada Athletic Commission for failing multiple drug tests in 2014.

View: https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/776598185263235072

Sonnen parts ways with UFC, signs with Bellator

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WAT

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
Wow thats ridiculous if true
Said he was tested by Usada 4 times with no issues. He also said it was the biggest contract he ever signed. Really a genius move by Bellator. Give the man a ton of money to fight and promote but if he fucks up they get a bunch of it back.

Clappin'Daddys

Posting Machine
Sep 9, 2015

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
Wow 500k to show? Bellator is throwing money around. Crazy shit. I'm sure he can build some solid rivalries and story lines with other fighters.

Bring him home and get money from the gate. They better promote this dude; he will definetly help bellator a great deal.

Something tells me he will leave back to the ufc once his contrAct is up. And if he isn't champ
Thinking the 5ook is his signing bonus. If he fails he gives it back.