General 14 students, 1 teacher dead following mass school shooting in Texas

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
What should happen if someone posts photos of their guns, but no threat?
Odds are he was already on the radar
Fuck, why an elementary school?!? So tragic. So senseless.
We are truly living in a mental health crisis of epic proportions.
Truth^

Lotta factors involved ...

Lockdowns being a significant one IMO that did a number on a lot of young folks

M

member 3289

Psych meds are a big factor IMO.

Didn't hear yet about the buffalo shooter's medications or lack thereof...but the majority of shooters were on psych meds.
Makes claim while admitting ignorance regarding claim.

You win the stupid award for today. Bravo.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Read the fucking post and maybe you will learn.

And where did your stat about lightening come from and what the actual does it mean?

Probably the most stupid stat I've ever heard.
statistically, a school-age child is twice as likely to be struck by lightning as to be present during a mass shooting. It's a good way to check the pervasiveness of the problem.

How do you make ammo more expensive?

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
Psych meds are a big factor IMO.

the majority of shooters were on psych meds.
That’s a bit of a leap. People on psychiatric meds are suffering from mental health issues. Tough to blame the meds when there is already an established mental health diagnosis in nearly 100% of them.

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
statistically, a school-age child is twice as likely to be struck by lightning as to be present during a mass shooting. It's a good way to check the pervasiveness of the problem.

How do you make ammo more expensive?
I’m guessing he’s gonna say raise the price?

Speaker to Animals

encephalopathetic
May 16, 2021
I agree

Not all bad, I have seen them help aperson get control of their life again.

Have also seen a couple people apparently permanently rewire their brain for the worse.

Tricky though, I don't think they should be as widely prescribed...Sometimes the fix is a lifestyle change instead of a drug.
Sometimes there are kids that don't need to be on meds.

I was going to relate an anecdote about how I lived in Kalamazoo, and there was a notably higher local rate of prescriptions of certain Pfizer meds... but Googly doesn't lead me anywhere

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
That’s a bit of a leap. People on psychiatric meds are suffering from mental health issues. Tough to blame the meds when there is already an established mental health diagnosis in nearly 100% of them.
It is undoubtably a factor.

There are hundreds of articles on it so read a few

This is just one of the top hits

I have seen the way people act on them and when they go cold turkey...scary shit Dick

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Yeah. And it's 200 dollars a bullet.

Taxed at 95%.

Money collected goes towards public schools and universities to educate for free.

Good shout.
Oh - so at the end of the day your solution is best summarized as "consolidate the means of violence with the wealthy".

you don't think a black market of ammunition will bring higher social costs than (on average) 5-7 dead students?

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016

I have seen the way people act on them and when they go cold turkey...scary shit Dick
IMAO-

it's more accurate to say we have a mental health problem, and firearms are a very accessible outlet.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
I’m guessing he’s gonna say raise the price?
there are no magic wands...how do you raise the price?

at the end of the discussion, it becomes "consolidate more power and capacity for violence with the wealthy elite."

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying central nervous agents don’t have a plethora of potential side effects, and different people respond to them in a wide variety of ways. They are certainly not without risk, I just meant it’s a stretch to say they can be pointed to as the cause of school shootings as a broad brush statement.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
IMAO-

it's more accurate to say we have a mental health problem, and firearms are a very accessible outlet.
We have both

I knew Kip Kinkel before and after he took psych meds...he changed...and then he killed his parents which I knew, and his classmates

I never blamed the meds 100%, but I have seen people just lose all fear of repercussions and completely lose their compassion for others...Blank Stare

I said it was a common thread among shooters, and it is. Of course they had mental issues Filthy.

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
Oh - so at the end of the day your solution is best summarized as "consolidate the means of violence with the wealthy".

you don't think a black market of ammunition will bring higher social costs than (on average) 5-7 dead students?

All ammo can be traced to the maker.

An illegal massacre such as this will have huge punative fines on the manufacturer or the dealer that allowed it to become available on the black market.

Same as foreign imports. Its a real war on violence. The war on drugs was a false war. This would be a just one.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying central nervous agents don’t have a plethora of potential side effects, and different people respond to them in a wide variety of ways. They are certainly not without risk, I just meant it’s a stretch to say they can be pointed to as the cause of school shootings as a broad brush statement.
I said a factor/common thread. I'm not blaming them entirely for every shooting. You know I am much more aware of the nuances of life than to go all in like that.

I have personally seen people take a dark turn when they took them, even become a shooter.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
All ammo can be traced to the maker.

An illegal massacre such as this will have huge punative fines on the manufacturer or the dealer that allowed it to become available on the black market.

Same as foreign imports. Its a real war on violence. The war on drugs was a false war. This would be a just one.
so you're going to consolidate the capacity for violence with a select group, and they will wage a war on violence?

are you going to apply this same legal framework to all manufacturers? if not, how does that fit with Rule of Law?

Also, how will this stop the violence from finding another outlet? Expensive ammo would have had no impact on Timothy McVeigh or Andrew Kehoe...how expensive is ammunition in Palestine?

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
This is not true. I can make ammo at home.
he's going to send police to search every home and confiscate all means of manufacture.

he'll also form a Safe Truth Commission so that only the knowledge that's safe for psychopaths to access is available to the population.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
"all ammo can be traced to the manufacturer"

about how much usable brass do you think is available in the US? By what method will you implement this outcome, and what will it cost?

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
so you're going to consolidate the capacity for violence with a select group, and they will wage a war on violence?

are you going to apply this same legal framework to all manufacturers? if not, how does that fit with Rule of Law?

Also, how will this stop the violence from finding another outlet? Expensive ammo would have had no impact on Timothy McVeigh or Andrew Kehoe...how expensive is ammunition in Palestine?

You asked for a solution. I gave you one.

One that doesn't impact on your precious 2nd amendment.

All you've done is present whataboutism and bollocks about lightening strikes.

I don't know why that's in bold. But it works.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
You asked for a solution. I gave you one.

One that doesn't impact on your precious 2nd amendment.

All you've done is present whataboutism and bollocks about lightening strikes.

I don't know why that's in bold. But it works.
a solution without a plan is a dream.

you have no way of making any of this happen, you haven't begun to consider social or economic cost, and you can't acknowledge that the "gain" is going to be < 10 kids a year.

you're simply venting and patting yourself on the back for it.