General 14 students, 1 teacher dead following mass school shooting in Texas

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Doing nothing will eventually fail. We could regulate or a ban is going to happen.
Based on the other countries who's gun laws you've posted in this thread, why do you so confidently decouple regulation from banning?

mysticmac

First 1025
Oct 18, 2015
Why do you think we don't regulate? Just because it is done at the state level rather than the federal level, doesn't mean it isn't done.

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
I would be willing to bet that both of my boys would see the reasoning behind my proposal and Be willingly to accept the responsibility of that extra step for their age group in purchasing a firearm to benefit society as a whole. At least they could feel like they were doing something.

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
I would be willing to bet that both of my boys would see the reasoning behind my proposal and Be willingly to accept the responsibility of that extra step for their age group in purchasing a firearm to benefit society as a whole. At least they could feel like they were doing something.
If they really want to do something, Have they tried thoughts and prayers?

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
Ok well that didn’t go exactly as planned. I just asked my 19 year old.....

I didn’t get the quick yes that I was expecting. But I didn’t get a hard no either.

M

member 1013

honestly i think i’m gonna give up my guns after reading this thread

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
Also, I thought my son was about to agree with Filthy @Filthy and I Almost had a panic attack.

I asked my son what weapon he would choose for a mass shooting.
(Not weird for us. We have always discussed philosophy, scenarios and “what would you do if” kind of things.)
He said longer range or moving targets he would pick an AR. But closer range he would use a hand gun, it’s harder for someone to take it away. My face didn’t change but inside I was screaming “dear god, no! Please don’t think like filthy!” Then he said that no he would probably still use an AR. I could finally breathe again.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Also, I thought my son was about to agree with Filthy @Filthy and I Almost had a panic attack.

I asked my son what weapon he would choose for a mass shooting.
(Not weird for us. We have always discussed philosophy, scenarios and “what would you do if” kind of things.)
He said longer range or moving targets he would pick an AR. But closer range he would use a hand gun, it’s harder for someone to take it away. My face didn’t change but inside I was screaming “dear god, no! Please don’t think like filthy!” Then he said that no he would probably still use an AR. I could finally breathe again.
I'm thinking your son shouldn't have a gun. Neither should you.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
As a formality, why not have a 10 minute interview? That would have stopped multiple recent massacres by itself.

If you're too socially isolated to come up with the names of two people who aren't relatives, who have known you for more than two years and who are willing to go on record stating that you are of good character and they'll vouch for you...... then what do you need to collect AR-15s for? That's not exactly a high bar to clear, is it. But it's a bar that mass killer after mass killer would have been unable to clear. If you're a shut-in incel Internet addict with no real world social relationships whatsoever - why is it in the public interest for you to collect AR-15s and body armour?

??
so now it's a precursory set of questions that will keep psychos from arming themselves?

they would have cleared it if they wanted to. You're going to come up with a 10m interview that will identify mass killers. Amazing.

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
So one of the teachers called her cop husband who was outside the school and told him that she was dying.

:(

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
There is a difference in ‘can’t ‘ and ‘doesn’t have to’.

And don’t bother trying to shame me with no bullshit like helicopter mom.

I would sell my house and buy one with a basement if my boys would stay.
so why is your solution supposed to be the solution for all of America?