Sports 2017 MLB thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015
Rangers are having a home run derby off royals pitching tonight.

Cards are getting back on track against Brewers tonight so its a good night.

Last edited:

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
The Reds PR guy was having some fun with the Cubs fans last night.

The Bandwagon Cam:

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
1st place back where the champions belong!

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Tyler Mahle - a pitcher in the Reds system currently in Double A - pitched a perfect game over the weekend. 89 pitches. 27 outs.

I don't care what level you are at - that's impressive.

He also had a no hitter last June, facing the minimum 27 batters but it wasn't a "perfect game" because he hit a batter.

On the season, he's 4-0 with a 0.68 ERA in 4 starts.

GSPTrainingInAPool

Man on the silver mountain
Dec 1, 2015
seriously didn't come to hijack-off the MLB thread though. Was trying to get into the game the last couple seasons because the jays were playing well, damn right i jumped on that bandwagon, but now Joey Bats can't hit for shit and they can't win a game. So i'm torn!

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
seriously didn't come to hijack-off the MLB thread though. Was trying to get into the game the last couple seasons because the jays were playing well, damn right i jumped on that bandwagon, but now Joey Bats can't hit for shit and they can't win a game. So i'm torn!
Joey Bats will catch fire. I wouldnt worry about him. Eventually he'll work his way all the way up to his career .250 average. o_O

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
couple guys at my office are big baseball fans. They think that by June the team will be unrecognizable
Because the team will trade away all the talent? Or because they think they will be winning games?

They are off to a horrible start. 5-13

GSPTrainingInAPool

Man on the silver mountain
Dec 1, 2015
Because the team will trade away all the talent? Or because they think they will be winning games?

They are off to a horrible start. 5-13
Yeah because they will clear house and have a totally new roster. The only money maker (merch wise) on the team is really Joey Bats so they keep him i guess and fire sale everyone else

mysticmac

First 1025
Oct 18, 2015
Chopped is doing a baseball themed show right now with ballpark inspired ingredients. The finals is some Reds fan vs some Rangers fan.

Oh, and Yankees / Red Sux start their first set of the season tonight.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Chris Coghlan went from 1st to Home on a hit off the wall last night, and finished it off with a superman leap over future Hall of Famer Yadier Molina.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3BDn2K6sgo

Looking at that video, I'm pretty sure he missed 3rd though.
And what a shit decision to wave him home. The fuck is that 3rd base coach looking at? That throw beat him by 10 feet.

Blue Jays ended up winning the game by 1. 6-5 in 11 innings.

Last edited:

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Giants were up 2-1 in the top of the 9th last night, and the Dodgers had a man on 2nd with 2 out. With Adrienne Gonzalez at the plate, Buster Posey picked off Justin Turner at 2nd - who had taken too big of a secondary lead on the pitch. Game over.

Hell of a throw by Posey.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTuiKhnyNMY

Last edited:

BJTT-Rizzo

Tanaka Clan
Feb 16, 2015
Big Sano at third base for the Twins had a couple of defensive gems in the field lastnight. They were playing in Texas. He went 2 for 4 with a monster homerun. It went up in the second deck. Its cool to see a guy that weighs about 270lbs diving for plays.

mysticmac

First 1025
Oct 18, 2015
The Yanks wrapped up their set against the Red Sux tonight with a 3-0 win. Tanaka pitched a compete game shut out and he kept his pitch count under 100 pitches while that pussy Chrissy Sale could only stand to go eight innings. The first game of the set was rained out, and the Yanks won the other two.

Robbie Hart @Throbbie Fart, ahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahaha!

Last edited:

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
The Yanks wrapped up their set against the Red Sux tonight with a 3-0 win. Tanaka pitched a compete game shut out and he kept his pitch count under 100 pitches while that pussy Chrissy Sale could only stand to go eight innings. The first game of the set was rained out, and the Yanks won the other two.

Robbie Hart @Throbbie Fart, ahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahaha!
This matters so much to me, I'm so hurt, please stop. I'm going to go cry now.