Sports 2017 NFL Thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Philly fans are even worse than Steelers fans, but you generally don't notice it because their teams are usually completely irrelevant.

Look up some of the videos from yesterday's game. Fights. Throwing beers at opposing fans. They've definitely earned the rep of being the biggest douchebags in the NFL.

I'm thinking of pulling for the Patriots too. Philly Fan is just so obnoxious.
I know I'm reasonably new to the sport but it's fans like that why I'll never understand why everyone sits together. In soccer you have your home fans and the opposing teams fans sit in another section. I've not really seen anything kick off at NFL games during the actual game but it easily could with dickheads like that.

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015
Philly fans are even worse than Steelers fans, but you generally don't notice it because their teams are usually completely irrelevant.

Look up some of the videos from yesterday's game. Fights. Throwing beers at opposing fans. They've definitely earned the rep of being the biggest douchebags in the NFL.

I'm thinking of pulling for the Patriots too. Philly Fan is just so obnoxious.
Didnt Philly fans get in trouble for throwing batteries at people a few years ago?

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
I know I'm reasonably new to the sport but it's fans like that why I'll never understand why everyone sits together. In soccer you have your home fans and the opposing teams fans sit in another section. I've not really seen anything kick off at NFL games during the actual game but it easily could with dickheads like that.
I saved a Bills fan from getting his head kicked in at a Bengals game a few years back. Someone said something about Canada and that dude went off. I didn't know the Canucks were so patriotic.

The Bengals/Steelers games always have a ton of fights everywhere. Some of their fans can be pretty obnoxious. But it's now morphed into Bengals fans expecting it so it brings out the worst of the worst. People go to that game looking to fight. The last Bengals/Steelers game I went to I saw 5 fights. Some started by PIT fans. Some started by CIN fans. It's pretty ugly anymore.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Not all NFL games are like that. I wore my Cincy gear to a game in Washington and the Redskins fans ribbed me a bit which is to be expected, but nothing too serious.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
I saved a Bills fan from getting his head kicked in at a Bengals game a few years back. Someone said something about Canada and that dude went off. I didn't know the Canucks were so patriotic.

The Bengals/Steelers games always have a ton of fights everywhere. Some of their fans can be pretty obnoxious. But it's now morphed into Bengals fans expecting it so it brings out the worst of the worst. People go to that game looking to fight. The last Bengals/Steelers game I went to I saw 5 fights. Some started by PIT fans. Some started by CIN fans. It's pretty ugly anymore.
I've seen a lot of shit go down at soccer matches before and after the game but thankfully not personally witnessed it in the stands while watching the actual game.

I honestly didn't know it happened in NFL, even though I found it weird that there's no segregation.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Not all NFL games are like that. I wore my Cincy gear to a game in Washington and the Redskins fans ribbed me a bit which is to be expected, but nothing too serious.
Yeah I copped a bit of flack when I went to see Bills at Redskins but it was all in good fun.

Mix6APlix

The more you cry, the less I care.
Oct 20, 2015
I've seen a lot of shit go down at soccer matches before and after the game but thankfully not personally witnessed it in the stands while watching the actual game.

I honestly didn't know it happened in NFL, even though I found it weird that there's no segregation.
LA is just as bad, if not worse, than Philly. Someone got stabbed a few years back iirc.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
It was decided that segregation was a bad thing back in the 60s.

You can't separate the fans because the tickets aren't sold that way. Many NFL teams have their season tickets sold out for the year. The out-of-towners you see are from locals that sold their tickets.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
It's expected and part of the experience.
Yeah it was nice. I had one Tottenham fan come up to me before Arsenal v Tottenham outside the stadium and yell in my face "I fucking hate the c*nts" just because I was in an Arsenal shirt. The rivalry gets crazy.
LA is just as bad, if not worse, than Philly. Someone got stabbed a few years back iirc.
Eesh, really? I'm there on Thursday.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
You can get stabbed in LA or Oakland getting your mail.

I discount those cities from judging NFL behavior.

Mix6APlix

The more you cry, the less I care.
Oct 20, 2015
It was decided that segregation was a bad thing back in the 60s.

You can't separate the fans because the tickets aren't sold that way. Many NFL teams have their season tickets sold out for the year. The out-of-towners you see are from locals that sold their tickets.
Don't they have seperate sections for opposing fans like if Michigan were playing some scrubs?

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Don't they have seperate sections for opposing fans like if Michigan were playing some scrubs?
College does, yeah. They have a designated visitor's section that are made available to the opposing fans. Same with high school.

If those tickets aren't bought by the opposing team's fans they are sent back to the home team to sell.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
is there a pro bowl or superbowl thread or will we have it here? im telling people on a Game of thrones satire video that im publishing sunday to come join us

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
Does anyone bother watching the Pro Bowl? It's typically pretty horrible.

The NHL skills competitions are way more fun.