Sports 2018 NCAA Football Season

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

TFK_Fanboy

First 200ish
Feb 9, 2015
Really good to see. I’m not American but your sport is really incredible.

Little old Clemson just beat the Tide at 15-0. Just amazing.
that little old Clemson is part of their marketing

they play up that little brother/David role

works for them.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
what?

yes, they have an ON THE FIELD advantage

what fucking point are your trying to make?

Saban won a national title at LSU. You know that, right?

Pete Carrol was trash his first time around in the NFL. Did ok the second time around. Bill was trash with the Browns, doing OK with the Patriots. Maybe they learned and improved?

Clemson did not suck, btw . They were top 30 most years and they happened to get Watson, which put them on the map. Dabo built that program almost a decade to get there. And that success got them Lawrence. And they happen to have one of the best D coordinators in the country.
My point is, I think some guys at schools like Bama, Texas, Ohio St, etc are getting cars, cash, and their parents are getting who knows what’s. Whereas an impermissible benefit at Vandy, Georgia Tech, Purdue, etc might be free pizzas at the local joint, apparel, etc. Thats what I mean by levels.

Remember SMU? You think that shit just suddenly stopped 25 years ago? Think the oil money isn’t flowing at Texas and Oklahoma? Like I said, I just don’t buy it. I think Tom Herman was shady at Houston too.

GO BIG RED!!!

last 100
Oct 17, 2015
clemson was and have always been notorious cheaters. they were banned from being on tv for a couple years haha.

M

member 3289

don't have to. just assume anytime any team in any sport has any sustained success assume they are cheating

will help you feel better about your team not winning anything

when was the last time there was any team in any sport with any kind of sustained success and they were not accused of cheating?
To be fair, the Patriots weren't really laccused of cheating until they were caught filming the Jets' coaches' signals or deliberately deflating game balls.

TFK_Fanboy

First 200ish
Feb 9, 2015
My point is, I think some guys at schools like Bama, Texas, Ohio St, etc are getting cars, cash, and their parents are getting who knows what’s. Whereas an impermissible benefit at Vandy, Georgia Tech, Purdue, etc might be free pizzas at the local joint, apparel, etc. Thats what I mean by levels.

Remember SMU? You think that shit just suddenly stopped 25 years ago? Think the oil money isn’t flowing at Texas and Oklahoma? Like I said, I just don’t buy it. I think Tom Herman was shady at Houston too.
except big money is at all those schools

Vandy, the private school with WAY more money?

again, I have no doubt kids get paid. I also have no issues with it. It does not impact on the field performance. It is not some elaborate steroid program a la Lance Armstrong

but if it was just money and just at big schools then why has Texas sucked for a decade? USCw? Texas A&M? Michigan? Florida?

because it is more than just money and big name and location

TFK_Fanboy

First 200ish
Feb 9, 2015
To be fair, the Patriots weren't really accused of cheating until they were caught filming the Jets' coaches' signals or deliberately deflating game balls.
you should look into that situation and what other teams were also accused of an who was found guilty in the same time frame

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
except big money is at all those schools

Vandy, the private school with WAY more money?

again, I have no doubt kids get paid. I also have no issues with it. It does not impact on the field performance. It is not some elaborate steroid program a la Lance Armstrong

but if it was just money and just at big schools then why has Texas sucked for a decade? USCw? Texas A&M? Michigan? Florida?

because it is more than just money and big name and location
True. You gotta be able to coach as well. John Calipari is an example of that. Tremendous (and shady) recruiter who can’t coach for shit. Saban and Dabo are great (and shady) recruiters, but they can also coach well enough to win with all of that 5 star talent. Mack Brown was great (and shady) recruiter, and he had Vince Young, so he won one. Much like Calipari had Anthony Davis. Those two are very comparable actually. Salesmen who can’t win without once in a generation type players. Saban and Dabo are better coaches...just saying they’re shady too.

Rambling a bit but hopefully you get the gist.

TFK_Fanboy

First 200ish
Feb 9, 2015
clemson was and have always been notorious cheaters. they were banned from being on tv for a couple years haha.
haha

yeah, always

gotta be the worst cheaters since they went 25+ years and did not win or play for a title

do you have any clue about cfb?

really, if Alabama and clemson are just corrupt cheaters with all the money in the world then every other team should be fucking embarrassed. because it so obvious and easy how to cheat that everyone on a forum can see it. but these schools with tens of millions of dollars can't even come close to replicating their success. every other school should either be embarrassed or report alabama and clemson so that the field is even. because it seems it only takes a little money to make it happen and winning would be a huge gain

obviously cheating is easy to get away with

Limpy

Banned
Oct 20, 2015
True. You gotta be able to coach as well. John Calipari is an example of that. Tremendous (and shady) recruiter who can’t coach for shit. Saban and Dabo are great (and shady) recruiters, but they can also coach well enough to win with all of that 5 star talent. Mack Brown was great (and shady) recruiter, and he had Vince Young, so he won one. Much like Calipari had Anthony Davis. Those two are very comparable actually. Salesmen who can’t win without once in a generation type players. Saban and Dabo are better coaches...just saying they’re shady too.

Had to get that Wildcats burn in there.

TFK_Fanboy

First 200ish
Feb 9, 2015

and that is the difference

if I can make whatever money at Texas or Alabama, but Alabama puts more guys in the league at my position and wins titles and I get more exposure then 1) they started on a level field with the money 2) the coaching and recruiting was the difference

when Saban leaves the odds are Alabama takes a step or two back.

What Saban has done, and is doing, at Alabama has never been done in major CFB ever

M

member 3289

you should look into that situation and what other teams were also accused of an who was found guilty in the same time frame
Fits my narrative better to say that the Patriots cheated their way to super bowl titles