General 2019 College Football thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Matrix

Astros Fan
Feb 15, 2020
Big 10 expected to announce a conference schedule only. I could see that working and I’d love to see the SEC only. Maybe just conference championships? Hopefully they’d still try and have the playoff.

Thingading

Mar 26, 2020
Man, this isn't looking good. Pac-12 and ACC are expected to soon announce they are doing the same as the Big 10.

Every time I try to watch anything sports news related, it's another golfer, tennis player etc. testing positive. And these aren't even team sports composed of a ton of college kids. Stanford just dropped over 10 sports, and although not football, its includes some sports it has won a combined 20 national championships in, and given the program exposure.

Hell, there are two MLS soccer teams that have been sent home bc too many players are testing positive. And these teams are at a "bubble" location, and w/ nowhere near the size of CFB rosters and coaching staffs.

I wonder if it's just a matter of time before other conferences follow the Ivy League and say Fall sports aren't going to happen, and will try playing in early 2021, or even the Spring.

TFK_Fanboy

First 200ish
Feb 9, 2015
Man, this isn't looking good. Pac-12 and ACC are expected to soon announce they are doing the same as the Big 10.

Every time I try to watch anything sports news related, it's another golfer, tennis player etc. testing positive. And these aren't even team sports composed of a ton of college kids. Stanford just dropped over 10 sports, and although not football, its includes some sports it has won a combined 20 national championships in, and given the program exposure.

Hell, there are two MLS soccer teams that have been sent home bc too many players are testing positive. And these teams are at a "bubble" location, and w/ nowhere near the size of CFB rosters and coaching staffs.

I wonder if it's just a matter of time before other conferences follow the Ivy League and say Fall sports aren't going to happen, and will try playing in early 2021, or even the Spring.
I think it's over for this fall season

TFK_Fanboy

First 200ish
Feb 9, 2015
Officially took the "redshirt" option for our season tickets this fall. All $ paid will roll to next season. With baby coming in October and whatever restrictions they have just not worth it for us

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Hauler @Hauler - how pissed are you going to be if the SEC, ACC, and Big12 play their season and Big10 doesn’t?
Not happy at all. It's bullshit.

The only level of football that isn't happening in Ohio is NCAA. Grade school, high school and NFL are all good to go.

NCAA still fears the Election Infection.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Not happy at all. It's bullshit.

The only level of football that isn't happening in Ohio is NCAA. Grade school, high school and NFL are all good to go.

NCAA still fears the Election Infection.
I figured you would be pissed. Big 10 Presidents must be scared shitless about liability.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
SEC is my favorite to watch anyways...as long as they are playing I'm good

PAC 12 I could care less about...they are shooting their own dick off