General 2021-2022 NHL Season Thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
M

member 3289

They’ll find a way to fuck it up. The Leafs are Canada’s version of the Minnesota Wild.
They don't have to "find a way." Their biggest star is a dork from Arizona who hangs out with Bieber and is terrified of getting hit.

Just showing up to games is "finding a way" for this team...

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Underneath Denver International Airport
Jun 19, 2016

TheFifthScallop

Who am I kidding? I’m a whore.
Amateur Fighter
Nov 15, 2015
Just as I thought. It looks like a good varsity team putting on a clinic to a JV team. God damn McDavid and Draisaitl are so good.

Speaker to Animals

encephalopathetic
May 16, 2021
Red Wings v fuckin' Blackhawks tonight in Chicago.

My memory is really poor but I promised myself to try to follow Detroit's season, so I gotta dive into the rosters a bit, see what's what.

Go Red Wings
1632922479711.png

Speaker to Animals

encephalopathetic
May 16, 2021
We are back to the best of the non MMA sports! Preseason pucks dropped yesterday, and the start of the 2021-2022 NHL season is officially here.

After two hours of struggle, I was finally able to watch the new Seattle Kraken take on the Vancouver Canucks. Really great game, and if you haven’t watched it, I recommend it. For a brand new team, the squid squad looked pretty decent, and I imagine the team chemistry will develop into a championship caliber team.

Im absolutely pumped that we finally have an NHL team in the PNW(in the states), and I have adopted them as my team for their inaugural season. I was a fan of the Wild for 5 years, but with the arrival of NHL in Seattle, I now have a “local” team. To root for.

This will be a thread for all things NHL 2021-2022, but definitely not limited to that. I’m not an expert in the history of the sport, so I imagine I will learn some things as we go. All the Canadians will surely be in here.
I'll have a few questions myself for the knowledgeable. Some of the finer points of the rules, unwritten rules, player interactions, etc

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Leafs will win the president’s trophy and the Stanley Cup this year.
Care to make a bet? Vancouver with finish with more overall points at the end of regular season than the leaves. Start with that and we can negotiate prize and details asap?

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
They don't have to "find a way." Their biggest star is a dork from Arizona who hangs out with Bieber and is terrified of getting hit.

Just showing up to games is "finding a way" for this team...
You got beef with Beiber, you got beef with me.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
My buddy told me the League is cracking down on fighting but I haven't seen much evidence of it in the clips from last season I've watched.
It’s not like the enforcer days but if you push the limit, ie lay out the team’s primadonna (with the exception of Tampa’s stamkos - he’ll get in your face), they will look to make an example…..imo

Speaker to Animals

encephalopathetic
May 16, 2021
It’s not like the enforcer days but if you push the limit, ie lay out the team’s primadonna (with the exception of Tampa’s stamkos - he’ll get in your face), they will look to make an example…..imo
You have to

Rest in peace, Boogard, but it's a rough, rough game, and it's supposed to be.
Stiffer penalties enforced consistently will work I think.

Since I'm ignorant, who's your team and which Red Wings would you like to steal for em?

Last I was able to pay attention Crosby was the big star and the Sedins had just retired.

TheFifthScallop

Who am I kidding? I’m a whore.
Amateur Fighter
Nov 15, 2015
Should we start a Tmmac fantasy hockey league? I haven’t played in a couple years, but I would be down to do it.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
You have to

Rest in peace, Boogard, but it's a rough, rough game, and it's supposed to be.
Stiffer penalties enforced consistently will work I think.

Since I'm ignorant, who's your team and which Red Wings would you like to steal for em?

Last I was able to pay attention Crosby was the big star and the Sedins had just retired.
I was a big redwings fan (how the hell can I explain that other than I was a big fan of the way or probert used to dish out justice on a regular basis - loved watching that guy) back in the 90s. I also liked the devils with Scott Stevens during that time. I watched that game 7 of the eastern conference finals against the rangers when it went to ot and I was glued to that tv like not many sporting events have grabbed me.
I live in Tampa now and while I’m a bandwagon fan, I like the lightning. I can’t remember (and I lost a lot of time with the sport when the uk only televised one or two years on bt sport) a team pass like the lightning with such precision and very few errant passes……it boggles my mind. They also have the right mix of toughness to take care of any bullshit that goes on and that includes their star, stamkos.

I don’t know all of other teams that well, other than when they play the lightning and don’t have a clue what is going on in Detroit anymore. I know Stevie Y was a gm for Tampa at some point which is great.

I remember this little game being played with this love triangle back in the day.
NEIGHBORS PAVEL, ANNA LEAVE THIRD RUSSIAN RED WITH ANGER

Were the Sedins with Vancouver and got bullied in the finals ?