General 2021-2022 NHL Season Thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

TheFifthScallop

Who am I kidding? I’m a whore.
Amateur Fighter
Nov 15, 2015
Watching the Duckies vs. Wild right now. Just got home from having a drink at a really hip place, sitting by myself at the bar. Phone died, which really hurt. Hard to tune out shitty conversations without being able to interact with you fuckin’ animals.

One thing to address as we dive into this season. Is there nowhere sacred for men anymore? Why is the nhl shoving women “analysts” and “commentators” down our throats? I’m listening to a woman in the broadcast of this game, which isn’t wrong in itself, but holy fuck is it contrived. I get it, there are women who enjoy the sport of hockey, and they even have their own leagues(not close to the level of the nhl of their own), but what the fuckis going on?

Why is it that they can have their own things, but have to be a part of men things? I’m not some moronic MRA guy, but MENS professional sports is a way for us to get away. Sure, women can watch and enjoy it, but why the fuck do they have to insert themselves? The same thing goes for men commentating women’s sports.What the fuck are we doing here!?

SoupCan

how bout dat
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Can you say, have a player playing an early game and swap him after for a player playing a 7pm game and still collect the points for them?

TheFifthScallop

Amateur Fighter
Nov 15, 2015
Can you say, have a player playing an early game and swap him after for a player playing a 7pm game and still collect the points for them?
Negative. Once the game starts, that particular player is locked into that spot for the day.

Speaker to Animals

encephalopathetic
May 16, 2021
It’s just a good way to familiarize yourself with players around the league.
Agreed, but it's enough for me to follow headlines and watch clips. The NHL website is excellent.

I will seriously have to white board the team to keep track. If I look at it, it won't stick as well as if I write it down.

TheFifthScallop

Amateur Fighter
Nov 15, 2015
Agreed, but it's enough for me to follow headlines and watch clips. The NHL website is excellent.

I will seriously have to white board the team to keep track. If I look at it, it won't stick as well as if I write it down.

TheFifthScallop

Amateur Fighter
Nov 15, 2015
Great resource, thanks! I'm using a notebook to scribble info.
I usually have that page open while I’m watching games. I have the Kraken lines down by memory, but it’s helpful to use for opposing teams. Bill Burr was talking about that site on his podcast probably 6 years ago. Somehow it stuck in my memory.

Speaker to Animals

encephalopathetic
May 16, 2021
I usually have that page open while I’m watching games. I have the Kraken lines down by memory, but it’s helpful to use for opposing teams. Bill Burr was talking about that site on his podcast probably 6 years ago. Somehow it stuck in my memory.
Oddly enough, I'm listening to BB podcast clips.

He was just complaining about airline boarding procedures and group one, and it now makes a Key and Peele sketch pretty suspect.

View: https://youtu.be/vX2s7JeXTiY

View: https://youtu.be/qhxlZC8BZJ4

Don't know which came first

TheFifthScallop

Amateur Fighter
Nov 15, 2015

TheFifthScallop

Amateur Fighter
Nov 15, 2015
What did you think of his reaction to the crowd? Did it seem like a killer show?
It was a good show. I don’t remember his reaction to the crowd, really. Too many people getting up to go get drinks during his set. That was annoying.

Speaker to Animals

encephalopathetic
May 16, 2021
It was a good show. I don’t remember his reaction to the crowd, really. Too many people getting up to go get drinks during his set. That was annoying.
How long ago?
After he got established as a name? That would be annoying.
But people don't know basic stands up comedy show rules.

Don't sit in the front row if you're low on self esteem.
Never interrupt the performer, etc

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
We beat the cross-province nancy-boys from Toronto.
Tag some Maple Leafs fans that I might mock them.