Sports 2021 MLB Thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Flock to what?

It was a reference to hall of fame pitcher Tom Seaver occasionally wearing a durag - errrr - a piece of cloth over his head to keep the sweat out of his eyes.
Ok. I figured it out.
Seaver never wore a durag.

So this dude was making a subtle dig at Stroman by comparing him to one of the all time greats by referencing a durag that Seaver never wore.

Sort of like if someone compared Deon Sanders TD dance routine to Barry Sanders. It's heavy with sarcasm because Barry just flipped the ball to the ref like a pro who had been there before.

So I had to squint pretty hard, but I found it.

Last edited:

mysticmac

First 1025
Oct 18, 2015
All the cool kids wear doorags when working. The pussies that don't are not sweating because they don't work hard because they are pussies.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
tom seaver was jewish it might he been more offensive if he said tom seaver wore a kufi.
I had no idea The Franchise was Jewish.
Shows how little I care about that shit.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
this is the closest thing I found to tom seaver wearing a "du rag" im calling shennanigans on bob brenly

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
I know nothing about baseball, but I have questions regardless.

How good is this Mike Trout guy? What makes him so good, and what level of ATG do you pick him to occupy when he retires?

??

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015

How good is this Mike Trout guy? What makes him so good, and what level of ATG do you pick him to occupy when he retires?

??
As funny as it is, I’ve never seen him play

but a lot of that is due to me getting very little access in the uk for the last 14 years until last year so I’m way behind on who some of these guys are

Hauler @Hauler may be able to advise

Lukewarm Carl

TMMAC Addict
Aug 7, 2015
How good is this Mike Trout guy? What makes him so good, and what level of ATG do you pick him to occupy when he retires
He does everything very well. Good speed. Good defense. Solid contact hitter. Really good power. Good at getting on base. Really good base runner.

He's one of the most complete players I've ever seen. He's even pretty damn durable. Virtually no weaknesses.

If he plays for 20 years at a high level like so many of the greats did... He's going to be in that Willie Mays class.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015

??
trout,harper,tatis,ohtani are part of that new breed of player that is good at everything and has super human abilities doing athletic things,speed,agility,throwing, batting,fielding they are basically like the gsp of baseball.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Lol, the yankoffs are 6 games out

maybe their pussy ass manager should be fired

I know they would win under Red Sox management and coaches

maybe he’s just a bitch