Sports 2021 MLB Thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015
I think they move the mound back.

Although the shit hitting has more to do with a focus on HRs and launch angle than it does with pitching being any better than in year's past. Hitters don't give a shit if they strikeout anymore.

Chicks dig the long ball.
you don’t think it’s harder to hit today with always-fresh starters and specialized relievers and shit ?

and is this modified DH too bad? I always want to puke immediately upon hearing these rule change suggestions but this one - even though it sounds stupid - has somewhat of an upside IMO in that it’ll add a new strategic dimension with an added incentive to keep the starter in the game.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
you don’t think it’s harder to hit today with always-fresh starters and specialized relievers and shit ?

and is this modified DH too bad? I always want to puke immediately upon hearing these rule change suggestions but this one - even though it sounds stupid - has somewhat of an upside IMO in that it’ll add a new strategic dimension with an added incentive to keep the starter in the game.
It is tougher, but I have zero sympathy for hitters who refuse to adapt to an inside out swing and hit the other way when a shift is on. Or lay down a bunt. It's like "Oh they have the shift on? Fuck em, I'll hit it over the wall". I think the increased Ks are driven more by stubborness of hitters than improved pitching.

And the DH thing doesn't change much. If you have a stud DH coming up you might try to stretch a starter longer than you want. So you have strategy once a game - maybe - for both teams. After that, it doesn't change much because the pitcher's spot in the NL is always a PH situation after the starter is out anyway. It's better than what the AL has now (IMO) , but I don't know that it changes enough to disrupt the current rules of play for both leagues.

mysticmac

First 1025
Oct 18, 2015
If you have a stud DH coming up you might try to stretch a starter longer than you want.
The opposite tends to be true. When a starter is fading, they tend to get pulled for a fresh arm when the heavy hitters are coming up.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
The opposite tends to be true. When a starter is fading, they tend to get pulled for a fresh arm when the heavy hitters are coming up.
I mean like if Cole is starting to fade but the Yanks have DH Judge due up 3rd in the next inning. Say there's men on 2nd and 3rd with 1 out and Cole is fading in a game that's tied 3-3 in the 7th.

Stick with Cole so you get another AB for DH Judge?
Or pull Cole and be forced to PH for Judge?

mysticmac

First 1025
Oct 18, 2015
I mean like if Cole is starting to fade but the Yanks have DH Judge due up 3rd in the next inning. Say there's men on 2nd and 3rd with 1 out and Cole is fading in a game that's tied 3-3 in the 7th.

Stick with Cole so you get another AB for DH Judge?
Or pull Cole and be forced to PH for Judge?
Oh, I see what you're saying. I took it to mean the starter was about to face the opponent's DH.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Uh oh, this is not what you want to see

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Diamandbacks announcer Bob Brenly sounds like he's about to get cancelled for his racist comments towards Marcus Stroman who was wearing a dew-rag in last night's game.

Brenly said "I'm pretty sure that's the same dew-rag that Tom Seaver used to wear when he pitched for the Mets"

I've read 4 or 5 articles. I've searched Twitter for clarity. I found one guy who said "If you don't see the problem with what he said then you are part of the problem"

I guess I'm part of the problem, because I'm at a loss.

Help me out here folks?
Where's the racism?

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
How is a dew-rag (or apparently durag) racist?

I've never heard them called anything else. I wear one when I'm hiking or doing yard work.

I seriously don't get the issue here.

Robbie Hart

Feb 13, 2015

I've never heard them called anything else. I wear one when I'm hiking or doing yard work.

That was my first thought when reading that story

Stretching the “narrative” just a slight bit imo

I see nothing wrong with it, but liberals will flock to that like a fly on a piece of chicken in a trash can

Sad!!

Robbie Hart

Feb 13, 2015

And, btw, I would make fun of you if you were my neighbor and I would break you mentally for wearing a durag....don’t worry, I’d break you eventually

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
I see nothing wrong with it, but liberals will flock to that like a fly on a piece of chicken in a trash can
Flock to what?

It was a reference to hall of fame pitcher Tom Seaver occasionally wearing a durag - errrr - a piece of cloth over his head to keep the sweat out of his eyes.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
And, btw, I would make fun of you if you were my neighbor and I would break you mentally for wearing a durag....don’t worry, I’d break you eventually
I sweat a lot. They are effective.

Robbie Hart

Feb 13, 2015
Flock to what?

It was a reference to hall of fame pitcher Tom Seaver occasionally wearing a durag - errrr - a piece of cloth over his head to keep the sweat out of his eyes.
To anything remotely related to someone claiming “racist undertones”