Sports 2021 MLB Thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
LOL
Please keep him, please. He’s such a bad manager that they’ll never win with him.
Owner says “we need to win with the players we have” early in the season.
Then acquire more top level players late in the season and they still can’t win it all.
That’s down to the manager, nothing else.

Yankees rumors: Hal Steinbrenner is leaning toward bringing Aaron Boone back as manager, per report
As per my post last week, my sources say 3 year extension.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
MLB's 2 best teams in an elimination Game 5 tonight. Including post season games, each team has won 109 games this year.

Dodgers @ Giants

Urias on the bump for LA.
Logan Webb for SF.

This is a must-watch game.

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015
MLB's 2 best teams in an elimination Game 5 tonight. Including post season games, each team has won 109 games this year.

Dodgers @ Giants

Logan Webb for SF.

it will be tough staying awake but I’m preparing for it by trying to nap through the whole day.

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015

Dodgers @ Giants

Logan Webb for SF.

Dodgers are starting Corey Knebel

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Oh boy, that did not look like a swing and it turns out it was not
People still focus on the wrists breaking. It has nothing to do with that.

It is a judgement call. It's considered a strike if there was an intent to strike the ball.

I've seen check swings make contact and go over the fence. It was Wriley, but still.

M

member 3289

Never thought I would ever cheer for the Red Sox or Yankees, but times change. I haven't cheered for the Yankees yet but I absolutely would if they were playing Houston.

If ISIS fielded a baseball team and joined MLB, I would honestly cheer for them to beat the Astros.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Hauler @Hauler Aaron Freaking Boone is back in pinstripes next season. Sorry the Reds couldnt steal him away.
We have a solid manager. He gets tossed like once a week. I love it. Really looking forward to him kicking Clint Hurdle's ass again next year.

I tried to tell SuperPig @Willthiswork - 3 yr extension.

My sources are never wrong.

HEATH VON DOOM

Oct 21, 2015
We have a solid manager. He gets tossed like once a week. I love it. Really looking forward to him kicking Clint Hurdle's ass again next year.

I tried to tell SuperPig @Willthiswork - 3 yr extension.

My sources are never wrong.
I feel like SuperPig @Willthiswork and I were turning the corner in our online relationship. I want to feel bad for him, I really do, but its the Yankees and we have to Enjoy when the Yankees do Kansas City things like this.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
Well it's been chatting with you guys in these baseball threads.

I won't be watching enough next year to have a clue what's going on.

"The last time a Yankees manager was allowed to manage a fifth season without having won a World Series ring was 1922."

HEATH VON DOOM

Oct 21, 2015

"The last time a Yankees manager was allowed to manage a fifth season without having won a World Series ring was 1922."
Well thank the Yanks for locking him down so the Cards couldnt do anything too stupid.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016

But that is a crazy stat.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015

But that is a crazy stat.
That's been the cool thing about the franchise previously.

Some people just see them throwing money at players and I get that. But what I loved even as a kid was that they didn't put up with bullshit. If you weren't winning they were willing to blow shit up and try again.

George was relentless in trying to make sure that next year's team was going to be better than the current year. Now his son's are running it like a business where everything is slow and methodical and they seem far more concerned about a luxury tax than winning.

I'm not mad at trying to keep the salary under a threshold. That's fine. But when you're fucking loaded with talent and you can't win then it's time for wholesale changes to management.
Boone is like Jim Harbaugh. Good for short term cheerleading but there's no substance there. People tire of him and his shit decisions and realize they need someone with brains and fire.

So unless they shit out a new staff around him that can cover up his flaws and remind the lineup that the only way to hit .300 like they have in the past is to put the ball in play, I'm done with watching until he's gone.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
That's been the cool thing about the franchise previously.

Some people just see them throwing money at players and I get that. But what I loved even as a kid was that they didn't put up with bullshit. If you weren't winning they were willing to blow shit up and try again.

George was relentless in trying to make sure that next year's team was going to be better than the current year. Now his son's are running it like a business where everything is slow and methodical and they seem far more concerned about a luxury tax than winning.

I'm not mad at trying to keep the salary under a threshold. That's fine. But when you're fucking loaded with talent and you can't win then it's time for wholesale changes to management.
Boone is like Jim Harbaugh. Good for short term cheerleading but there's no substance there. People tire of him and his shit decisions and realize they need someone with brains and fire.

So unless they shit out a new staff around him that can cover up his flaws and remind the lineup that the only way to hit .300 like they have in the past is to put the ball in play, I'm done with watching until he's gone.
Reds and Yankees hit the same amount of HRs - 222

But the Reds had 57 fewer Ks.

But the talent between the 2 clubs isn't even close so I see your point.

NY salary $179m (2nd)
CIN salary $119m (16th)

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015
Never thought I would ever cheer for the Red Sox or Yankees, but times change. I haven't cheered for the Yankees yet but I absolutely would if they were playing Houston.

If ISIS fielded a baseball team and joined MLB, I would honestly cheer for them to beat the Astros.
just chill, they’re a good team.