Sports 2021 MLB Thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Well it's been chatting with you guys in these baseball threads.

I won't be watching enough next year to have a clue what's going on.

"The last time a Yankees manager was allowed to manage a fifth season without having won a World Series ring was 1922."
goodness gracious. welcome to pain and agony for another few years. he must have something on steinbrenner

how the hell do you get told to manage with the players you have before midseason.....and you already have a group that should be winning the title.
then at the trade deadline they gift his uselessness some killers to cement the championship and the crybaby fucks it up.

I'm sorry for you as a fan.

I selfishly thank steinbrenner for extending his contract.

M

member 3289

just chill, they’re a good team.
I'm cheering for the Dodgers now anyway. I didn't realize the Red Sox had rehired Alex Cora, the guy whose job it was to beat the trash can when the Astros were cheating, as their manager.

I guess I'd still rather see one cheater win than a team of cheaters though, so I'm glad the Astros have been getting smacked around the last few games.

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015
That's been the cool thing about the franchise previously.

Some people just see them throwing money at players and I get that. But what I loved even as a kid was that they didn't put up with bullshit. If you weren't winning they were willing to blow shit up and try again.

George was relentless in trying to make sure that next year's team was going to be better than the current year. Now his son's are running it like a business where everything is slow and methodical and they seem far more concerned about a luxury tax than winning.

I'm not mad at trying to keep the salary under a threshold. That's fine. But when you're fucking loaded with talent and you can't win then it's time for wholesale changes to management.
Boone is like Jim Harbaugh. Good for short term cheerleading but there's no substance there. People tire of him and his shit decisions and realize they need someone with brains and fire.

So unless they shit out a new staff around him that can cover up his flaws and remind the lineup that the only way to hit .300 like they have in the past is to put the ball in play, I'm done with watching until he's gone.
I like this post.

I was explaining to someone when the Cards made the wildcard that just making the playoffs isnt good enough. If the Cards dont make it to the NLCS thats a busted year. They lost the wildcard and boom they made the tough choice to make big changes. Thats what seperates great franchises and franchises tjat are happy with a wildcard every 10 years

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
I like this post.

I was explaining to someone when the Cards made the wildcard that just making the playoffs isnt good enough. If the Cards dont make it to the NLCS thats a busted year. They lost the wildcard and boom they made the tough choice to make big changes. Thats what seperates great franchises and franchises tjat are happy with a wildcard every 10 years
Easy to make tough decisions when your players are shit. ?

M

member 3289

The Dodgers getting smacked around by the Braves is a pleasant surprise

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015
I'm cheering for the Dodgers now anyway. I didn't realize the Red Sox had rehired Alex Cora, the guy whose job it was to beat the trash can when the Astros were cheating, as their manager.

I guess I'd still rather see one cheater win than a team of cheaters though, so I'm glad the Astros have been getting smacked around the last few games.
Who probably didn't need to cheat, but still did.
I’m a cunt for being like this but I believe the Astros just got caught. It’s professional sports with millions of dollars at stakes, most likely everybody is pushing the limits of the rules. The Astros went beyond stupid with the grotesque trash can banging cheating and I do believe they should get punished and I don’t care if they get fucked in the ass by the other teams but I don’t get too flamed up about them. They’re really good regardless.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
I’m a cunt for being like this but I believe the Astros just got caught. It’s professional sports with millions of dollars at stakes, most likely everybody is pushing the limits of the rules. The Astros went beyond stupid with the grotesque trash can banging cheating and I do believe they should get punished and I don’t care if they get fucked in the ass by the other teams but I don’t get too flamed up about them. They’re really good regardless.
They are really good. But using live feed video to steal signs is bush.

Steal it by learning a tell or from the baserunner on 2nd like everyone else. ?

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015
They are really good. But using live feed video to steal signs is bush.

Steal it by learning a tell or from the baserunner on 2nd like everyone else. ?
Get off my lawn old man. You probably think analytics are bullshit as well.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Get off my lawn old man. You probably think analytics are bullshit as well.
Not bullshit, but I do think too much emphasis is placed on them.

If I were a MLB manager, I'd be a bunting motherfucker. Fuck that shift.

M

member 3289

It was the camera in center field that did it for me.

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015
Not bullshit, but I do think too much emphasis is placed on them.

If I were a MLB manager, I'd be a bunting motherfucker. Fuck that shift.
There are so many overlapping games (and dramas) in the postseason, I can’t pinpoint when and where but I was under the impression people are exploiting the shift pretty well sometimes. iirc the Braves hit a few slapping singles in the gaps yesterday.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
There are so many overlapping games (and dramas) in the postseason, I can’t pinpoint when and where but I was under the impression people are exploiting the shift pretty well sometimes. iirc the Braves hit a few slapping singles in the gaps yesterday.
Good hitters will.
And good teams will encourage it.

I watched a bit of both games yesterday. Boston hitters were being very patient.

M

member 3289

yeah that’s true. The whole roster should’ve been banned for an year or something like that.
I'd be content with giving every pitcher they stole signs from carte blanche to bean the fuck out of them at least once.