A local television news van is outside my house

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

BackOffWarchild

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
And whether you should have bit the bullet on the fuck her right in the pussy thingy.
That might have hurt me down the road. Apparently in my state they have good laws to protect the citizen, but it nearly always requires following a process:

1. State issues notice of eminent domain siezure
2. State issues offer for home based on their "fair market assessment".
3. Homeowner accepts/refuses assessment, can choose mediator (LOL state mediator) or jury trial
4. Homeowner goes to jury trial, yadda yadda.

The tricky part is the "fair market assessment". The announcement was made today, but the process of accepting bids for construction and beginning the seizures doesn't take place until the end of 2017. The state will base it's "fair market assessment" based on home sales data in my neighborhood (and nearby subdivisions) for the previous 180 days from that point... Which, naturally, is after home prices in my neighborhood plunge (tomorrow morning). Again, I have an assessment that's four months old that puts my home's market value at $195k. Lord knows how fair it will fall in the next year and a half. If I attempt to sell it (at a rate lower than the assessment), or even enter into a seller's agreement with a Realtor between now and then, that will effect my ability to sue for the amount I would expect to receive in an open market.

So it looks like my wife and I are stuck in our home for two years. We were planning on upgrading towards the end of this year or early next year, but fuck losing $25-100k in equity during the sales process. She's not even awake, but I'm fairly certain we'll ride it out and look better than the state in court. Already emailed an older realtor I know for advice, and my father-in-law's lawyer for a referral.

SHEEEEEEEEIT. On the plus side, I am now free to tell my HOA to lick my salty balls.

That might have hurt me down the road. Apparently in my state they have good laws to protect the citizen, but it nearly always requires following a process:

3. Homeowner accepts/refuses assessment, can choose mediator (LOL state mediator) or jury trial

The tricky part is the "fair market assessment". The announcement was made today, but the process of accepting bids for construction and beginning the seizures doesn't take place until the end of 2017. The state will base it's "fair market assessment" based on home sales data in my neighborhood (and nearby subdivisions) for the previous 180 days from that point... Which, naturally, is after home prices in my neighborhood plunge (tomorrow morning). Again, I have an assessment that's four months old that puts my home's market value at $195k. Lord knows how fair it will fall in the next year and a half. If I attempt to sell it (at a rate lower than the assessment), or even enter into a seller's agreement with a Realtor between now and then, that will effect my ability to sue for the amount I would expect to receive in an open market.

So it looks like my wife and I are stuck in our home for two years. We were planning on upgrading towards the end of this year or early next year, but fuck losing $25-100k in equity during the sales process. She's not even awake, but I'm fairly certain we'll ride it out and look better than the state in court. Already emailed an older realtor I know for advice, and my father-in-law's lawyer for a referral.

SHEEEEEEEEIT. On the plus side, I am now free to tell my HOA to lick my salty balls.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015

This is somewhat easy to solve. Contact 3 local realtors and explain your situation to them. Ask them for a market evaluation of your home and ask them to write a letter with their assessment to accompany comps. Let them know that you are going to be buying a home soon due to the eminent domain and will be looking for a realtor to represent you. They should be happy to help. A bonus to this is they would be using comps from today and going back 6 months, not using comps from when the neighbors all start selling to get away from the proposed freeway. You will also end up finding your future realtor that way. Win/win.

I am in real estate and do this type of thing all the time for potential clients, past clients, friends of friends during divorce, trusts after death etc... I charge no fees in hopes of future business or future referrals.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
1. I thought back off war child was a girl but it appears that "they" are a male.

2. There had to be some story, what was the news story?

Jehannum

TMMAC's Most Handsome Artist
Jan 26, 2016
Breaking News :

Local sex offender and member of themmacommunity.com frames neighbour by planting incriminating evidence on their property

BackOffWarchild

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Breaking News :

Local sex offender and member of themmacommunity.com frames neighbour by planting incriminating evidence on their property
Fun part is there is a douchebag couple (late 20's), male and female assholes that moved in half a year ago. They were dicks from Day 1, party too loud for all the neighbors with kids, their friends park in front of everyone's home or driveway. After Christmas these fuckers put their Christmas tree in front of MY house for curbside collection. I simply waited until midnight, grabbed his tree and every tree in the cul de sac and threw them all in his driveway. Anyways, two things are clear:

1. LOL his realtor fucked him.
2. This douche spent two months, tens of thousands of dollars, landscaping his front and back yards. He had a tree cut down and the stump pulled, then planted shrubs to block his other neighbor's kids, and laid down sod for the front, leveled and re-seeded the entire back.

It's going to be the prettiest yard to get bulldozed.